Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 53,019 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Popular Stable ROM for the Thunderbolt

Tip us?

donnyp1
Old
Thanks Meter 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelleephish View Post
Not sure about the Non-Sense roms, I've heard good things about them....as far as others go, if you like or use wifi fairly frequently I would not use a 3.5 sense based rom until they figure the issue with that out.

I like SkyRaider for sense based, runs the smoothest in my opinion.
There has been no issue with wifi for me on any sense 3.5 rom.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA

quickdraw86
Old
Thanks Meter 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelleephish View Post
Not sure about the Non-Sense roms, I've heard good things about them....as far as others go, if you like or use wifi fairly frequently I would not use a 3.5 sense based rom until they figure the issue with that out.

I like SkyRaider for sense based, runs the smoothest in my opinion.
If you're thinking about trying a non-sense, or desensed rom, try airborne or happy trails. both of those roms are awesome, smooth, and as far as my use goes, i have yet to experience issues with either of them, everything works.

osuron07
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowetdio View Post
Obviously, none of you have tried Skyraider.....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
+1 I love sky raider and the battery life has been awesome once you tweak the auto brightness levels

takylo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Okay folks I decided to leave Eternity and try Liquid Smooth. This AOSP was great in the beginning but then I notice my battery wasn't as good. I decided to go bank to Sense ROM. So far Gingeritis 3S v1.2 with Sense 3.0 is working great! I'll hang with this one for a bit.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk v2
Current
AT&T Note 3 ROM:[STOCK].
LG G Pad 8.3 ROM:[STOCK].
Moto Atrix HD rooted (damaged LCD)

Retired
sold LG Optimus G Pro
sold Oppo Find 5
sold LG G2
sold Nexus 5
sold Nexus 4
sold Galaxy Note 2
sold Nexus 7
sold HTC One X (Str8Talk)
sold S3 I9300 (Str8Talk)
sold Galaxy S2 on (T-Mo)
sold Galaxy Nexus on (Big Red)

calaeb08
Old
Thanks Meter 0
have you tried airbourne? great rom super fast and stable, i can go all day on stock battery with normal use.

jelleephish
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Any 3.5 sense rom I am on always causes me to intermittently drop wifi. It just drops the connection, refreshes and is back in a few seconds. I have seen posts about it on the different posts for the roms so I know its not just me. I have tried wi-fi lock, advanced wi-fi lock and others with no luck. I just accepted it as part of the rom and moved on with it. I loved the sense 3.5 rom, look and all but eventually got annoyed at the drops.

Gingeritis is a great rom, I've used it before. The only reason I left it was because of the VVM I needed to have. I flashed the zip that was posted as a fix but every time it would cause me to somehow break my access to the Mik settings lol. If its not one thing its another!!

Enjoy it, great rom!!

turbosrrgood
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by takylo View Post
All,
I decided to put my Droid Charge in my desk draw. Just got a used Thunderbolt I know that there a battery issues with the device. once I would if I will be looking for a new ROM. can someone tell me which rom will make the phone snappy great battery and pretty cool. Xda ROCKS!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

This doesn't directly answer your question, but if you are looking to extend battery life you could try an app like "Battery Defender". It is very simple, reliable, and easy to use. It works by turning off your data connection when the screen is off (Data is the single biggest drain on a phone after the screen). Turning off data does NOT prevent you from getting txt's or phone calls, they would come through as always. Using this more than doubles my battery life, and is almost unnoticeable otherwise.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by takylo View Post
Okay folks I decided to leave Eternity and try Liquid Smooth. This AOSP was great in the beginning but then I notice my battery wasn't as good. I decided to go bank to Sense ROM. So far Gingeritis 3S v1.2 with Sense 3.0 is working great! I'll hang with this one for a bit.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk v2

Excellent choice IMO, that's what I use.

Br00klynBallin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDark View Post
Personally I am a fan of the Eternity series because of the capabilities of sense 3.5. And it also has very little to no lag.
You can't go wrong with sense 3.5, but right now I'm trying out ODJDub HD. It's a great rom besides the charging problem

keai4le
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I love ....ohhh,I forgot it.

djnikko
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
I run bamf forever 1.10 imoskernal 5.2

My phone beat you're phone up in high school.