How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Popular Stable ROM for the Thunderbolt

OP takylo

17th April 2012, 09:04 PM   |  #31  
Wichita
Thanks Meter: 822

4,749 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelleephish

Not sure about the Non-Sense roms, I've heard good things about them....as far as others go, if you like or use wifi fairly frequently I would not use a 3.5 sense based rom until they figure the issue with that out.

I like SkyRaider for sense based, runs the smoothest in my opinion.

There has been no issue with wifi for me on any sense 3.5 rom.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA
18th April 2012, 10:21 AM   |  #32  
Flag Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Meter: 616

913 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelleephish

Not sure about the Non-Sense roms, I've heard good things about them....as far as others go, if you like or use wifi fairly frequently I would not use a 3.5 sense based rom until they figure the issue with that out.

I like SkyRaider for sense based, runs the smoothest in my opinion.

If you're thinking about trying a non-sense, or desensed rom, try airborne or happy trails. both of those roms are awesome, smooth, and as far as my use goes, i have yet to experience issues with either of them, everything works.
23rd April 2012, 08:59 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 23

168 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowetdio

Obviously, none of you have tried Skyraider.....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

+1 I love sky raider and the battery life has been awesome once you tweak the auto brightness levels
23rd April 2012, 11:56 PM   |  #34  
OP Member
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 12

45 posts
Donate to Me
More
Okay folks I decided to leave Eternity and try Liquid Smooth. This AOSP was great in the beginning but then I notice my battery wasn't as good. I decided to go bank to Sense ROM. So far Gingeritis 3S v1.2 with Sense 3.0 is working great! I'll hang with this one for a bit.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk v2
24th April 2012, 12:55 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 1

42 posts
have you tried airbourne? great rom super fast and stable, i can go all day on stock battery with normal use.
24th April 2012, 05:47 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Any 3.5 sense rom I am on always causes me to intermittently drop wifi. It just drops the connection, refreshes and is back in a few seconds. I have seen posts about it on the different posts for the roms so I know its not just me. I have tried wi-fi lock, advanced wi-fi lock and others with no luck. I just accepted it as part of the rom and moved on with it. I loved the sense 3.5 rom, look and all but eventually got annoyed at the drops.

Gingeritis is a great rom, I've used it before. The only reason I left it was because of the VVM I needed to have. I flashed the zip that was posted as a fix but every time it would cause me to somehow break my access to the Mik settings lol. If its not one thing its another!!

Enjoy it, great rom!!
26th April 2012, 10:58 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 28

196 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takylo

All,
I decided to put my Droid Charge in my desk draw. Just got a used Thunderbolt I know that there a battery issues with the device. once I would if I will be looking for a new ROM. can someone tell me which rom will make the phone snappy great battery and pretty cool. Xda ROCKS!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

This doesn't directly answer your question, but if you are looking to extend battery life you could try an app like "Battery Defender". It is very simple, reliable, and easy to use. It works by turning off your data connection when the screen is off (Data is the single biggest drain on a phone after the screen). Turning off data does NOT prevent you from getting txt's or phone calls, they would come through as always. Using this more than doubles my battery life, and is almost unnoticeable otherwise.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by takylo

Okay folks I decided to leave Eternity and try Liquid Smooth. This AOSP was great in the beginning but then I notice my battery wasn't as good. I decided to go bank to Sense ROM. So far Gingeritis 3S v1.2 with Sense 3.0 is working great! I'll hang with this one for a bit.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk v2

Excellent choice IMO, that's what I use.
27th April 2012, 05:13 AM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDark

Personally I am a fan of the Eternity series because of the capabilities of sense 3.5. And it also has very little to no lag.

You can't go wrong with sense 3.5, but right now I'm trying out ODJDub HD. It's a great rom besides the charging problem
28th April 2012, 10:16 AM   |  #39  
Flag China SiChuan
Thanks Meter: 3

51 posts
More
I love ....ohhh,I forgot it.
28th April 2012, 01:50 PM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 26

180 posts
Donate to Me
More
I run bamf forever 1.10 imoskernal 5.2

My phone beat you're phone up in high school.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread