Tip us?

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3107

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceowen View Post
No. I tried searching for touch screen calibration problems, but nobody described the problem I'm having. (In fact, when I search the forum for "manual touch screen calibration" now, the post you made just a moment ago is the ONLY result.)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1171070

Read the first post thoroughly. This build/ROM/whatever this is assumes you already know how FRX works and how it's setup.

Quote:
It's the ROM on page 1 I just downloaded today. The software itself says kernel version 2.6.27.46. I may have logs, but I'll have to look up how to extract them. I read the FAQs for the various "Android on Fuze" sites and the only thing regarding wifi is "It works." Nothing about a 'wifi-nvram' trick... (Again, searching for that phrase returns your above post...)
That's .27.

Please read the FAQ - http://xdandroid.com/wiki/FAQ

Quote:
As for horsepower, I know this device isn't exactly the "powerhouse" it once was, but if I can use it for instant messaging or what have you, I'll be happy.
Should work fine for messaging. Wifi calling - doubtful.

bortak
Old
Thanks Meter 888
RAPH100

Don't know if anyones noticed, but when the phone charges it never goes to "sleep". The backlight remains on.
- Stock -

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3107

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortak View Post
RAPH100

Don't know if anyones noticed, but when the phone charges it never goes to "sleep". The backlight remains on.
It's not possible for the phone to sleep when plugged in. However, the backlight probably should be turned off...

I don't think there's a single kernel dev working on RAPH patches, so the likelihood of it getting fixed is slim-to-none. Sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bortak
Old
Thanks Meter 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
It's not possible for the phone to sleep when plugged in. However, the backlight probably should be turned off...

I don't think there's a single kernel dev working on RAPH patches, so the likelihood of it getting fixed is slim-to-none. Sorry.
It's alright, thanks for all the hard work anyway... this is what.. years of work isn't it? And I'm only really using this phone atm cos I smashed my Desire :P

Upgrade in a week, soooo SGS III here I come
- Stock -

jeroen79
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Has anybody got it to run descent on Diam100?, it is way to slow on mine to be used daily.

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3107

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroen79 View Post
Has anybody got it to run descent on Diam100?, it is way to slow on mine to be used daily.
This is the RAPH section, not DIAM. DIAM has a lot (like 100mb) less RAM. Not sure Android will ever run "well" on a device with so little RAM...

arrrghhh
Old
(Last edited by arrrghhh; 9th May 2012 at 06:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3107

DONATE TO ME
Someone said these CSV's helped their RAPH...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12691845/RAP...ra_Boosted.zip

T'was louder. Much, much louder... I haven't downloaded it, so I'm not sure if they work. Just got a PM. Enjoy.
jianC Old
Thanks Meter
Diam has 192 megs of ram (I'm not sure how much is free for system to use), which is the same as HTC G1/mytouch3g 32b (which has 112 mb free with a radio hack kernel)..

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3107

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by e334 View Post
Diam has 192 megs of ram (I'm not sure how much is free for system to use), which is the same as HTC G1/mytouch3g 32b (which has 112 mb free with a radio hack kernel)..
Yea, but that's a native device. The DIAM is far from native Android.

Plus, 192mb is the raw amount. RHOD has 288mb, but only like 170 available to Android... 64mb is SPL, some amount is video - I want say 13mb. No clue where the rest goes, and my numbers might be off.

Either way, most of the developers have RHOD's. So that device gets the most attention... Not many devs had DIAM's or RAPH's - if they did, they either didn't stick with the project or abandoned the older device. C'est la vie...
jianC Old
(Last edited by jianC; 14th May 2012 at 02:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter
yeah that's true.. then i might fix up a rhod i have lying around to check it out, very exciting development over there with the 3.0 kernels and such

BTW, I saw your post @ npk from a while ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh
Good news guys! WisTilt2 has potentially located the panel type of the RAPH, and he is working with stinebd on his RAPH110 to figure out proper collapse/reinit of the panel. Exciting!
Was there any more news for it? I dug up some old irc logs but didn't see any progress, maybe i was looking at the wrong place lol