MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Upgrade early?

24th April 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

301 posts
Last summer they let me upgrade my device 1 year through my 2 year contract if I renewed my 2 year contract again...I was wondering if they will let me do it again this summer?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA
24th April 2012, 10:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 528

2,184 posts
Donate to Me
More
From what I've heard they will usually let you get an upgrade 6 months early if you call them. Never heard of 1 year though.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
25th April 2012, 01:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

301 posts
Yeah I just had to pay $20 extra than normal 2 year price. It would be nice if I could and im hoping. Ill go in in june and see what they say

26th April 2012, 06:10 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 98

338 posts
More
Would you mind keeping us posted with what happens? I'm curious to see if this is indeed possible.
26th April 2012, 09:16 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 226

848 posts
Verizon usually will send you a mailer home after one year letting you know about upgrading early (in certain instances) . But you must upgrade withing a certain amount of time ..if you choose not to they will take that offet off the table and youll have to wait 8 more months (youboriginal upgrade date) before you can upgrade at discounted price.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
26th April 2012, 10:12 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

301 posts
Cool thanks for letting me know and yes I will keep it updated

28th April 2012, 04:19 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 15

102 posts
More
Early Upgrade
Verizon has removed early upgrades. You will be eligible at the 20 month mark. I am a verizon rep and have to talk to people every day about this. I know in some instances they will push forward an upgrade in order to keep a customer, but just wanting an upgrade will not justify that action. With that, it looks like you will be in your phone a little longer.
29th April 2012, 02:24 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

301 posts
Aw that's to bad...looks like im gonna be putting out about $500+ in june then lol

29th April 2012, 06:40 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
As stated by bairste, they no longer offer this. If I'm not mistaken, this was part of the New Every 2 offer they used to offer. The main account of any plan would be eligible for upgrade much earlier than the usual 2 years. Unfortunately, this is no longer available.
29th April 2012, 09:34 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 2,980

3,425 posts
Donate to Me
More
You would have to check after a year. I think that you upgraded AFTER they removed the early upgrade, but check your account online to be sure. Odds are, you'll have the choice of waiting until 20 months, or paying full retail. Good news is, if you have a 4G phone and go to a 4G phone that has the same sized SIM, upgrading is as easy as putting the old SIM in the new phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread