[Q] BOCA [ROM] 2.0.9 wont recognize sdcard

Tip us?

datacrusher
Old
(Last edited by datacrusher; 29th April 2012 at 08:32 PM.) Reason: fixed
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] BOCA [ROM] 2.0.9 wont recognize sdcard

FIXED solution on last post. coudnt find where to change the post from [Q] to [FIXED] or something alike

Hello everyone! I recently installed BOCA rom on my SGT P1000L, as the developers thread followed. I installed rc2.0.9, with BOCA_P1000L_kernel_2_27 and gapps-gb-20110613-signed.

I can use the tablet normally (very fast indeed, over stock and CM9/ics) but it wont load my sdcard, the sdcard icon is with a green circle arround it, and if i go to configs > storage > mount sdcard the icon goes blue for a few seconds and goes green again. Many apps I cant install as they claim I dont have an sdcard.

Plugin the device to pc the usb connection appears, even if i check the button to mount as usb device it wont show on the pc.

On recovery mode i can mount the sdcard via storage tools and manipulate the files, its only on the system that the sdcard is there, but as if it didnt exists.

in about I have this:
- android 2.3.7
- P1000LVIJR2
- kernel 2.6.35.13-00289-gd5a63ff-dirtydiz@BOCA@#1
- mod BOCA RC2
- bd - 16/04/2012 17:18:03

datacrusher
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default sorry, no sdcard, internal memory

well, I never oppened the sdcard slot, So what I cant read is the phone internal 16gb memory, since the devs post is recommending to use 2.0.8 while this ill flash it up to se if this issue goes away.

while turning on the device, the first message is "now you can safely remove your sdcard" like I was on the menus and ummouting it, and if i go to the menu and try to mount it again nothing happens, and a few minutes later I have this same message to safely remove.

via CWM recovery i can see the internal memory just fine.

datacrusher
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default new files

Well, iv tryed if the issue with the sdcars as told was about something in the 2.0.9 version, so I get the newest kernel (landscape 3.11) and rom 2.0.8 here - http://goo.im/devs/dizgustipated

but now with this kernel and version 2.08 or 2.09 both works the internal memory issue, but the touchscreen wont work... Is there a combination of kernel + rom that works both the touchscreen and the internal memory?

im with a GT-P1000L

dizgustipated
Old
(Last edited by dizgustipated; 27th April 2012 at 09:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1178

DONATE TO ME
When sopa struck (or whatever you want to call it, technically) I lost most of my files.
I've placed many, many calls for any l or n user (n has responded) that may have my working kernels for their device
(Boca turns 1 year old soon, so I sure hope SOMEONE has the kernels still!)

Until that happens, I've placed whatever kernels I have online.

A nice twist is, you can also use any cm7 kernel.
Any cm7 kernel (for your device) made by tek, ronis or humtero.
It doesn't have to be my kernel.

Edit
Oooh over 1000 thanks, does that mean I get 15% off of xda roms now?
Lol,
sgt7 ports & roms:
OMFGB "OMFG...T"

meXdroid Atomic "BOCA Atomic"
CM7 "BOCA" / CM9 "icedBOCA" / DianXin OS "BOCA DX" / 2.3.7 BLINDmokee

Project AOSEP / Supreme overlord of Magrathea Roms
contact me / phone idiot support

datacrusher
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Well, humberos site cm7 is offline, and this users you recommend don't have accounts into goo.im any suggestions where more to search?

Sent from myself

datacrusher
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I've read this in another post, is there something similar as this issue?

SDCARD controversy
By default, the real micro SD is /mnt/sdcard, the internal mmc is /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, like in Galaxy S CyanogenMod builds.
If you don't like it, you can swap the devices, go to Settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Application and check Use internal storage [ ] checkbox.
Reboot, now internal will be /mnt/sdcard, external will be /mnt/sdcard/external_sd like in Samsung's Android.

In recovery, real sdcard in /sdcard, internal sdcard (embedded MMC) is /emmc.
If you want to flash zip from /emmc just go in recovery "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from internal sdcard" -> choose whatever you want to flash.

Sent from myself

datacrusher
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default FIXED

Well fellas, my bad here not trying some very obvious: flash kernel AFTER the rom.
So I got myself trying to flash up the roms and now its fully working with kernel 3.11 from goo.im diz repos, flashed up AFTER aplying 2.0.9 boca rom.

all god here on the P1000L for now, ill try more the rom and report if anything unusual.