Ask a question

No registration required

Micro USB cables - overpriced and cheaply made

OP tpsman17

6th April 2012, 09:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
My first micro USB cable broke the other day when my phone fell off my bed... it bent the metal plug (lol) and broke the cable.

I bought a replacement cable from best buy. 20$ down the drain. A month later the cheapo cable was not charging, and I had to force the cable through yoga positions to get get it to charge.

And like me, the cable was not supposed to do yoga every night and it ceased to work.
Best buy had failed me. (Surprise surprise)

So I went on amazon and ordered a 6 dollar cable. Woo! Cheap!
2 days later (Amazon prime )
Cable arrives.
HOLY CRAP
It is a gold plated cable, and feels to be about the most durable USB cable I think I've ever seen.

I've been using the cable for the past month or so and its awesome. The connection is great, (no wiggle. Hehe) and the cable is just durable.

So to all of you with micro USB cable woes... go to Amazon and buy that 6$ cable (so lazy I can't even link... smh) it will ruin all other cable experiences for you.

Sent from my Swiper'd EVO using XDA
7th April 2012, 01:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

350 posts
I totally agree with you! I went to radio shack looking for just the USB cable as I dont need the plug that you connect it to bc mine is fine..They wanted 20-30 bux for just the cord!!! Im like no way...I went to amazon & read sum reviews some neg sum positive but the one that came in works great for me so far (knocks on wood)! Here is a link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details
Also got this micro SD reader: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details When I plug it in it says its a sandisk...working fine so far so much easier than having to use my phone to transfer files!
7th April 2012, 06:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Mediabridge - USB 2.0 A-Male to Micro-B Cable (6 Feet)
(I can't post links... smh)

here is the one I bought. Right now its only 3.99 as a prime user!

IT ROCKS MY SOCKS lol '
7th April 2012, 08:01 AM   |  #4  
Flag Long Beach

174 posts
More
Monoprice.com, like two bucks. I have a bunch of them.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
8th April 2012, 03:53 PM   |  #5  
Flag Indianapolis, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 127

352 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lath19

Monoprice.com, like two bucks. I have a bunch of them.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

THIS!!!!

Monoprice is the only place for cables of any kind!
10th April 2012, 06:38 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Whoa ill definitely use that site if mine ever breaks, however, I don't think that will happen

Sent from my swiper'd EVO using XDA
15th April 2012, 06:23 PM   |  #7  

350 posts
I take that back...the micro sd reader is dead...piece of crap, only worked 2 times
26th April 2012, 07:04 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 52

485 posts
cable wholesale.com. nuff said

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
26th April 2012, 11:22 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
More
I'm going to have to also support Monoprice. My only advice is that you should probably use Paypal if possible. They had a data breach a year or so ago where some user data was compromised.
27th April 2012, 06:58 PM   |  #10  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 7

67 posts
More
wow guys, never, and I mean never buy cables from Bestbuy or any other retail store. Always buy online, and if you spent over 5 bucks for cords, you overspent on cords! a great website to find deals on any cords is slickdeals.net (there's a saying at those forums that if you spend more than 5 bucks on HDMI cable's, you are either ignorant or a moron that likes to waste money.)

P.S. - HDMI is digital so its either you have a connection or you don't, gold plated **** is still ****. Don't waste your money on things that doesn't even effect picture quality. Sorry for going out of topic, just want you guys to save some money.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread