5,600,483 Members 32,717 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ice Cream Sandwich

Tip us?

megapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 13
This is sad all the anguish of these companies barely supporting the products they sell and apple still supports its old devices. For a few years. I think this is why people buy apple cause the **** just works. I love my galaxy note left my iPhone 4 just isn't completely perfect needs ics

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

mcord11758
Old
Thanks Meter 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by megapimp View Post
This is sad all the anguish of these companies barely supporting the products they sell and apple still supports its old devices. For a few years. I think this is why people buy apple cause the **** just works. I love my galaxy note left my iPhone 4 just isn't completely perfect needs ics

An iPhone typically last 2-3 major software updates, and older devices do not get full updates typically there are several features missing.

Most android phones get the same amount of updates. For example the original galaxy s line started on eclair, then froyo, then gingerbread. In between there were several small maintenance updates

I have read these arguments before but they really do not hold water. I have an iPhone 4 but no Siri. The flyer unfortunately was a failed device for htc that they are apparently abandoning. Htc in general looks to be on the ropes

Cor-master
Old
Thanks Meter 505
Yeah I was just saying that yesterday. Apple people love to throw updates in your face but like you said the 4 doesn't have siri. Old iPhones get SOME new features but not all. And at this point everything older than a 4 is pretty much cut off anyway and if it does get anymore updates its usually just a version number nothing less nothing more.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

quails
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by megapimp View Post

Apple aren't so much supporting the old devices as supporting the revenue stream that they get from the apple store. Apple has a very different business model and not one that I like - most people don't mind it though.

swiftgs
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Just to inform everyone here. Today I was called by the technical staff from HTC Europe. I replied a few times to an e-mail conversation wich I had with the customer service and myself. They said that ICS was only phone software and not tablet software. The tablet software is HC according them.

I filled out a survey and demanded an update because the arguments were rubbish. ICS is 100 procent tablet software as well.

The technical staff was very friendly and explained HTC updates their phones first. He also said that at the moment an ICS update for the flyer was not available and not expected soon. On the question if it comes at all I got the standard answer that he did not know that for 100 percent. The advice is to look at the website now and then.

Sorry not having any positive knews but at least some person of the staff explained the situation..

Edit: Though credits for HTC, I did the servey yesterday and the staff replied within 12 hours by phone to explain things!
new htcdrivers, software or WMtools:
http://www.htcdriver.com

j510
Old
Thanks Meter 150
There will be no Ics . Thread close

SinisterModz
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by j510 View Post
There will be no Ics . Thread close
Nope still open!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

mcord11758
Old
Thanks Meter 1187
Still open here as well..... Odd

Cor-master
Old
Thanks Meter 505
Yeah there will be as long as your willing to obtain s-off! Trust me as a former cm7.2 itll be better than anything htc could release!

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA

SinisterModz
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor-master View Post
Yeah there will be as long as your willing to obtain s-off! Trust me as a former cm7.2 itll be better than anything htc could release!

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA
Hope so, Im getting one for an unbelievable price. Now I got to go read up and see what all xda has to offer for it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium