Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 41,292 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] 2ndInit Recovery Installer v2.3 [Updated: 24-April-2012]

Tip us?

pedrodh
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk64 View Post
I've tested the new Version 2.3 with success on my Defy MB525 today. Thanks for your work!
Thanks you. I've updated the 1st post thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defim View Post
Isn't bootmenu 1.2.0 the latest?

That one is in motorola olympus device tree, I've used the latest from Defy but I guess eventually this one will become 'less latest'. Still 1.1.8 is almost the same as 1.2.0 , and is surely a nice update since the last version. I'll try to keep this up-to-date more often.
Like my work and have bitcoin? Please donate: 152A5eh6QgLXYuNVxhgHtM1XxM8o85RoLL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pedrodh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rogier666
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Olá Pedro, any chance of an update that restores the original boot logo and removes the dead boot menu entries upon uninstallation?

Of course flashing a stock SBF could do the job too, but this option is not available for everyone.

It would be great if 2nd init would be fully reversible. You never know when you need to bring your phone back to virgin factory state for warranty repairs.
android underground

S4 Mini, Galaxy Tab, Moto Defy (rooted, overclocked, undervolted, firewalled, adblocked, cyanogenmodded, xposed, etc.)
and a couple of ancient Symbian phones (hacked)

defim
Old
Thanks Meter 801
I'm back on bootmenu 1.0.7. With 1.0.8 the device rebooted immediately after starting SetVsel.

pedrodh
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogier666 View Post
Olá Pedro, any chance of an update that restores the original boot logo and removes the dead boot menu entries upon uninstallation?

Of course flashing a stock SBF could do the job too, but this option is not available for everyone.

It would be great if 2nd init would be fully reversible. You never know when you need to bring your phone back to virgin factory state for warranty repairs.
By boot logo you mean the Motorola logo right after you press the power button (not the animated one that comes after) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by defim View Post
I'm back on bootmenu 1.0.7. With 1.0.8 the device rebooted immediately after starting SetVsel.
You're on Defy or Defy Plus?
Like my work and have bitcoin? Please donate: 152A5eh6QgLXYuNVxhgHtM1XxM8o85RoLL

defim
Old
Thanks Meter 801
Defy plus, rooted stock Rom
Motorola Defy+ aka MB526 Android 4.4.4 Cyanogen Mod
Samsung S4a aka GT-i9295 Android 4.2.2 Google Edition
My Android apps / Xposed modules: show Threads

rogier666
Old
(Last edited by rogier666; 27th April 2012 at 02:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrodh View Post
By boot logo you mean the Motorola logo right after you press the power button (not the animated one that comes after) ?
Exactly. You don't want a blue CM droid surf over your screen when the Motorola repair guy boots up your phone after putting in a new earpiece or some other piece of hardware. Boot logos, boot animations, and boot menus should all revert back to stock after you restore a stock Nandroid and take 2nd init out.

Can u fix that? Obgdo!
android underground

S4 Mini, Galaxy Tab, Moto Defy (rooted, overclocked, undervolted, firewalled, adblocked, cyanogenmodded, xposed, etc.)
and a couple of ancient Symbian phones (hacked)

abysstheking
Old
Thanks Meter 12
i have a question..why do we need to install the latest bootmenu??the older version should work fine right??

PS: i installed bootmenu some 10 months back and havnt updated it since then..how to know which version i am on??

brajesh.sharma87
Old
Thanks Meter 2,451

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abysstheking View Post
i have a question..why do we need to install the latest bootmenu??the older version should work fine right??

PS: i installed bootmenu some 10 months back and havnt updated it since then..how to know which version i am on??
when you open the bootmenu, the version is written on the top.
You require to update (not necessarily) the bootmenu to have latest version of recovery and also some other changes. Just an example, bootmenu 2.0 will have touch operation as shown by Epsylon in a preview video.

pedrodh
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogier666 View Post
Exactly. You don't want a blue CM droid surf over your screen when the Motorola repair guy boots up your phone after putting in a new earpiece or some other piece of hardware. Boot logos, boot animations, and boot menus should all revert back to stock after you restore a stock Nandroid and take 2nd init out.

Can u fix that? Obgdo!
I can understand that, I'll work on a easy way to restore the logo to the original one .

defim
Old
Thanks Meter 801
For everyone "SetVsel" works with 2.3?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe