Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Ghost calls..back to froyo??
i use ginger, and have no issues with ghost calls 95 40.95%
i use ginger, thinking of switching to froyo 75 32.33%
i switched back to froyo 62 26.72%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

ghost calls issue thread..

Tip us?

vpamir
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_recep View Post
I am bored of checking this topic every single day for a new rom. What about you guys?
same here.

dreccon
Old
Thanks Meter 902
First ghost call after one month with a new mainboard. My phone is going back to service.
I don't know if this is coincidence but one day before the ghost call I had flashed the DNA 2.0 ROM via CWM. I'm not saying that the ROM is to blame but flashing itself does something to our phone. How else can anyone explain that I never had a single ghost call (or RIP message or battery drain or any glitch for that matter) for a whole month as long as mu mainboard came with preinstalled Gingerbread?
You may argue that CWM doesn't touch the baseband. True! It may just be coincidence. I just felt like mentioning it.

As far as cool_recep's boredom, I totally agree. That's why I'm going to give up on the 3D functions for now and ask LG for a full refund or a replacement with another model that is ghost-call free.

cool_recep
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreccon View Post
First ghost call after one month with a new mainboard. My phone is going back to service.
I don't know if this is coincidence but one day before the ghost call I had flashed the DNA 2.0 ROM via CWM. I'm not saying that the ROM is to blame but flashing itself does something to our phone. How else can anyone explain that I never had a single ghost call (or RIP message or battery drain or any glitch for that matter) for a whole month as long as mu mainboard came with preinstalled Gingerbread?
You may argue that CWM doesn't touch the baseband. True! It may just be coincidence. I just felt like mentioning it.

As far as cool_recep's boredom, I totally agree. That's why I'm going to give up on the 3D functions for now and ask LG for a full refund or a replacement with another model that is ghost-call free.
Maybe some of us have broken down the baseband while flashing it. But what about others who have updated their phone via offical ways like FOTA and Phone Update tool?

By the way, go to youtube and search for Optimus 3D videos. I have spammed every single video with ghost call comment. Please thumps up so everyone can see..

dsmboost
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by botson71 View Post
What you've experienced wasn't a ghost call but a RIP (reorganize internal process) event. A "ghost call" is exactly what the term implies; you or the caller are not able to know if the call was received, which isn't what happened in your case.

When there is a "ghost call" in Gingerbread, the caller hears the phone ringing without any "automated voice saying that it cannot connect at this time" and without any call forwarding to the voicemail. The caller just hears the ringing tone and after a while the ringing stops. In your case this didn't happen and you and/or the caller were able to know that his call didn't go through (the first time) or went through (the second time).

This is my understanding at least, based on my experience and what many were saying here. That people who went back to Froyo have stopped experiencing ghost calls but a few have still experienced a RIP event. Actually not "few" but two people (here and here) and you. None of them said that he had ghost calls too.
The 2nd time my friend called me, he said it rang like normal a few times and then went to voicemail. No errors. He thought the call was going through like normal.

Either way though, it's unacceptable and makes the "phone" feature of this device useless.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 i777
Rom: SHOstock3 v4.0
Kernel: AJK 4.3

botson71
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreccon View Post
I don't know if this is coincidence but one day before the ghost call I had flashed the DNA 2.0 ROM via CWM. I'm not saying that the ROM is to blame but flashing itself does something to our phone.
I think that flashing is not responsible for causing ghost calls because as many people have reported here, they are experiencing ghost calls w/o any flashing/rooting/CWM/custom ROM but just upgrading to GB with the LG official tools.

However, even if there is a slight possibility that flashing is responsible, this probably has nothing to do with the hardware but only with the software, namely the poor implemented Gingerbread on O3D. Because the same flashing/rooting/CWM/custom ROM don't cause ghost calls at the same phone when Froyo is installed instead of GB.

panzeraggro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hello guys, after switched back to froyo and v10d bb, I still not have issues with gc <3 . I have 1 question : do I always have to stay in only 2g mode or may I switch on 3g safely?

dreccon
Old
Thanks Meter 902
Obviously, the phone uses some kind of low-level firmware in order to flash the EPROM. If the bug is there,or even in the EPROM itself, it won't matter weather we use official or unofficial tools or if the ROM is stock or not. I can't explain why the bug affects only Gingerbread. All I know is I used Gingerbread without problems before flashing and Gingerbread with ghost calls after flashing via CWM (that is without touching the baseband).

Anyway, it's probably pointless to argue. This bug is very elusive. Now that O3D-Max is out, since the hardware is almost identical, let's see if we can get a working port for our device.

Magic_Knight
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzeraggro View Post
hello guys, after switched back to froyo and v10d bb, I still not have issues with gc <3 . I have 1 question : do I always have to stay in only 2g mode or may I switch on 3g safely?
Froyo doesn't have GC issues at all, so you can safely use both 2G and 3G mode.
-+- StarKnight -+-

superage
Old
(Last edited by superage; 28th April 2012 at 11:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Default I have No Ghost Call - Tested > 500 calls.

Hi

I do not know if this post useful or not but I was very interesting to do the test myself.

My O3D running stock rom GB 2.3.5
Baseband L6260_MODEM_SIC_01.1042.00
Kernel 2.6.35.7+
Build Number GRJ90
Firmware V21a Nov-15-2011

I bought this phone about 2 weeks ago from ELGIGANTEN store, Kungsgatan, Stockholm.
I did upgrade to GB using LG mobile support tools.
Rooted using Super One Click 2.3.3
Installed CWM from ROM Manager
I used system tuner to disabled start-up for many apps. I keep only the important apps.
I manage to have free RAM > 220 MB.

I did call test for 3 days (24-26 April) from my O2X and Galaxy Tab 7.7 to my O3D.
O3D Battery Level > 90%

Day 1#: ~75 calls in 2G, ~75 calls in 3G
Day 2#: ~100 calls in 2G, ~100 calls in 3G
Day 3#: ~100 calls in 2G, ~100 calls in 3G

My O2X roam in Telia. Numbers from Indonesia (Operator Telkomsel)
My Galaxy TAB 7.7, Telia Sweden Number.
My O3D, Telia Sweden Number.

And the result was good. I never have a ghost call. All the calls successful and my O3D always ringing.

I may do more tests with different condition.

1. Test when RAM < 100 MB and Battery > 90%
2. Test when RAM < 100 MB and Battery < 15%

If some of you know how I can reach the free RAM < 100 MB, please let me know. I tried to start many apps but the free RAM still around 150-180 MB.

xbsall
Old
Thanks Meter 2905
Just load some games and it will drop

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA
Ported V30B ICS ROM for P920 total downloads: over 31000 .
Post your questions on threads. PM's will not be answered.

Click here to see all my threads on XDA-Developer's Forum.