Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

quality headphones

Tip us?

kawaski47
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I'm perfectly happy with my 15 dollar skullcandies. They have been through the wash and still work great. I don't listen to music much so they suit my needs

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

rykeish
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default LG Bluetooth Headphones

I just got the LG HBS-700 bluetooth headphones, and I absolutely love 'em.

Swyzzlestickz
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default Earbuds to avoid

I was looking through the posts to see if i could find something worth while. I am a person who buys loads of headphones to see what will give me the best sound. I have had Skullcandy earbuds excellent bass with not so hot mids and highs sometimes it sounds muddy with no complaints from me. I have had ibeats with great mids and highs and even bass and the iBeats died on me in under a year of use. I recently bought a set of Monster Ncredible N-nergy...........what a huge mistake, these things are freaking awful! Super high, highs and no bass. I did the suggested and played them for 12 hours on medium volume(headfi forums gave this info) and they don't sound a bit better at all. I would suggest avoiding these at all cost.

I will be trying Klipsh s4a's and MEelectronics mp somethings.

blackte4
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I got me some Sol Republic for $99... The best headphones i own. Gave my beat by dr dre to my lil brother...

kc_exactly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,231

DONATE TO ME
Just a piece of advice. Don't but the Klipsch Android headphones. Their app doesn't work with our phone so you headset controls won't work as advertised. Plus, i bought a set and the speaker was blown on one side. Google that and your will see others with similar complaints.

Sent from Team KC's founding member HTC Evo 4G LTE.

Swyzzlestickz
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default Klipsch

I bought the Klipsch ear buds and so far so good, The sound is balanced and tight. I am still looking to get a set of Shure SE215 ear buds just can seem to find an actual brick and mortar store to buy them at in the event I don't like them.

kc_exactly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,231

DONATE TO ME
Well, I just got an awesome deal on some earbuds. Target is changing out there headphones and had some on clearance. I did have time to research any so I bought 2(had to take my son to a bday party).

Anyways, they had Skullcandy "The Fix" marked down to 35 bucks. They had Skullcandy "50/50" marked at 12 dollars. That is crazy cheap for both.

You might check the Target near you.

Sent from Team KC's founding member HTC Evo 4G LTE.

Swyzzlestickz
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I am going to go look to see if the target near me has those ear buds and stock up. My kids are ear bud killers and skull candy has a lifetime warranty. I have many sets I haven't sent in yet. Also, the Klipsch S4a buds are stupendous! I'll never use another monster ear bud. I still would love to track down a pair of Shure buds though. Anyone have any experience with them?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Swyzzlestickz
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_ View Post
All their IEMs have detachable cables now, pretty awesome I think. And you gotta watch out, they are sound isolating, not canceling. There is no active noise cancellation circuit to crap out the sound, yet are far better at blocking outside noise than any active set.

I have the E5C (dual driver) and the SE530 (triple driver) IEMs, but have tested pretty much all of them. Even their current cheapest one, the SE215, kicks all types of ass at only $100.

On a semi side note, I just got the Bowers + Wilkins P5s for my birthday and they're amazing cans for their purpose. The memory foam and sheep's leather ear pads feel like a big breasted woman's booby pressed up against your ear. Very definition of luxury.
Where did you find them? How awesome are the 215? I have been trying to find a store that stocks them so in the event I like my Klispch more I can walk back in and return them instead of paying shipping to do it.

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 2,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyzzlestickz View Post
Where did you find them? How awesome are the 215? I have been trying to find a store that stocks them so in the event I like my Klispch more I can walk back in and return them instead of paying shipping to do it.
The 215s are a great set of buds, especially for only $100. If you can spring for the 315s, I would go that route but if you can only afford $100, you can't go wrong with the 215s. I have heard the Klipsch S4 and they just can't compare to the 215s. Shure basically created the market for IEMs and still make some of the best out there, and they only keep getting better. I am a huge fan, my next pair of IEMs will certainly be Shures. The only brick and mortar store that I can think of that would carry them would be Guitar Center. I know Best Buy used to carry some Shures but I'm not sure if they do anymore.
\m/(-_-)\m/