Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 48,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Tip us?

slayer621
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Hello Galaxy Tab Plus forum!

I'm interested in purchasing this tablet and I was wondering, is this the right forum for the tablet? If not, can someone direct me to the correct one?

Thank you in advance!
Droid 3 with Gummy 1.2.0 (Unthemed) [Retired]

Galaxy Nexus with CNA 3.6.6 and Franco's Kernel [Retired]

Galaxy S4 with KitKang 01-22-14 and Stock Kernel

chopper the dog
Old
Thanks Meter 732
Picked one up myself (great device for the money). There is no specific forum or root method yet.

good day.
$3 charging dock for the galaxy nexus. SEE HERE.
If I annoyed you. Hit the thanks button.

chrisrotolo
Old
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
seems like quite a few on ebay. Including w/3G. all selling for under $300. Appear to be from good sellers too. Hmmm.

Havent found anywhere else advertising the 3G model. under $300 for a dual-core 7" ICS phone, not too shabby.

edit: that 3g model may be incorrectly posted on ebay.

cscimmia
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Chiming in to say hi as well. Picked up my Tab 2 7.0 on opening day and have been very happy with it. Be nice if it catches on and we get a kick-ass dev community behind it!

antmon
Old
Thanks Meter 11
i think the '3G' model you see on eBay is probably the Tab 7 Plus...which is a pretty good deal if it is brand new...

i picked up my Tab2 on Sunday morning from BB....really great device for the price...

yes, looking forward to some rooting as well
Samsung Galaxy S4 - dob 4/27/13 (SACS ROM)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 - dob 4/22/12 (CM)

slayer621
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
The requirements for my tablet had to be cheap and powerful, yet not gigantic. I wanted something I could browse the internet with without breaking out the 15 inch laptop. I love how it runs ICS stock too.

elcidroyale
Old
Thanks Meter 12
FYI I have some dead pixels on mine! Actually it's as if someone had some light on their fingertips & wiped it on the screen (it's not dirt or smudges on the screen). It's strange. I am sending it in under warranty so hopefully I'll get it back soon! Check all of your screens out (get an all black screensaver).

clubtech
Old
Thanks Meter 297
I did notice that the Tab 2 lags on quite some games I have tried. Temple run is one of them so its not for casual gaming.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using xda premium
HARDWARE: AT&T 8285 > iPhone 3G > Toshiba TG01 > iPhone 3GS > HD2 > AT&T N1 > EVO 4G > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy Tab > Samsung Nexus S > Atrix 4G > Motorola Xoom > Thunderbolt > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > HTC Flyer > E4GT > Galaxy Note > Galaxy S 3 > Galaxy Note II > HTC One > Galaxy Note 8 > Galaxy S 4

aimfire72
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcidroyale View Post
FYI I have some dead pixels on mine! Actually it's as if someone had some light on their fingertips & wiped it on the screen (it's not dirt or smudges on the screen). It's strange. I am sending it in under warranty so hopefully I'll get it back soon! Check all of your screens out (get an all black screensaver).
The first one I got at BestBuy had a dead pixel and loose volume rocker. I took it back for exchange and opened before I left the store. They brought out two, opened them up and both had dead pixels! Finally they brought out #4 and it had a perfect screen. The dead pixels were black, easily visible on a white background.

slayer621
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimfire72 View Post
The first one I got at BestBuy had a dead pixel and loose volume rocker. I took it back for exchange and opened before I left the store. They brought out two, opened them up and both had dead pixels! Finally they brought out #4 and it had a perfect screen. The dead pixels were black, easily visible on a white background.
I'm kinda nervous now. I was planning on buying mine on Amazon, but now I'm not so sure. I don't want to have to deal with sending it back through the mail and waiting for days.