Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 40,357 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ICS AOSP ROM] "AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) for Droid 4 [BETA 3/16/2012]

Tip us?
 
rumgool
Old
#51  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 134
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: GAINESVILLE
Anyone could try and list the differences, but the best way is if you just try both out (or three if you include gummy) and see which one you like best.

They all have their ups and downs, but besides system/UI customization, none of them are more functional than another. Some might say that Gummy and AOKP are closer to vanilla ICS, and CM9 is more streamlined, but tis a matter of opinion. I honestly like all 3.
 
bonesjones
Old
#52  
bonesjones's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 71
Posts: 325
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Birmingham
I feel safe to say data issues are now tolerable! Been running 4-25 since 4-25

I've rebooted once cause data stopped coming from wifi.
And when I reboot I have to switch once. Other than that its perfect.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
 
Briteyez83
Old
#53  
Briteyez83's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 240
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumgool View Post
Anyone could try and list the differences, but the best way is if you just try both out (or three if you include gummy) and see which one you like best.

They all have their ups and downs, but besides system/UI customization, none of them are more functional than another. Some might say that Gummy and AOKP are closer to vanilla ICS, and CM9 is more streamlined, but tis a matter of opinion. I honestly like all 3.
I definitely agree with you. I have all 3 ROMS on my SD but I prefer AOKP with the Nova Launcher. I bought the Nova Launcher Prime which gives me access to more of the features that are become avaikable with purchase. I also enjoy how cutomizable it is vs the other two.
 
bonesjones
Old
(Last edited by bonesjones; 28th April 2012 at 04:06 PM.)
#54  
bonesjones's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 71
Posts: 325
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briteyez83 View Post
I definitely agree with you. I have all 3 ROMS on my SD but I prefer AOKP with the Nova Launcher. I bought the Nova Launcher Prime which gives me access to more of the features that are become avaikable with purchase. I also enjoy how cutomizable it is vs the other two.
I agree
Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to bonesjones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
omniuni
Old
#55  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 155
Join Date: Jul 2010
I can confirm that data appears stable now. I switched camera.apk with a working one from Gummy, and so far so good!

Sent from my XT894 using XDA
 
ICUDeadNow
Old
(Last edited by ICUDeadNow; 29th April 2012 at 02:37 PM.)
#56  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 287
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniuni View Post
I can confirm that data appears stable now. I switched camera.apk with a working one from Gummy, and so far so good!

Sent from my XT894 using XDA
If by stable you mean having to wipe dalvik cache everytime you want to reboot, then sure.

Data is still horrible on 4/29. It's obviously something in the dalvik cache causing these issues... Surprised it hasn't been worked out yet. Or atleast a dalvik wipe + reboot option already built into the ROM.
 
omniuni
Old
#57  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 155
Join Date: Jul 2010
I am on 4-25 and I have not had any data problem so far. I have had a constant 4G connection since noon yesterday.

Sent via Droid 4 with ICS
 
Hashcode
Old
#58  
Hashcode's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 22282
Posts: 3,231
Join Date: Sep 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Just noticed the nightly section for droid 4 was wiped out on rombot. I'll see if I can get that fixed tonight.

Sent from my XT894 using XDA
 
whiteout7942
Old
#59  
whiteout7942's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 146
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Washington D.C
Data is going strong since 4-28. Occasionally it will give out but a reboot always brings it back.

ICS AOKP Open KANG Project ROM via Safestrap
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Eclipse S4 TW Edition v1.1 with ChronicKernel 2.1ghz OC
CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly with ChronicKernel 1.9ghz OC

DROID 4
CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Unofficial Release via Safestrap 3.05 SAFE
Jelly Bean 4.1.2 AOKP Unofficial Release via Safestrap 3.05 SAFE
Stock ICS Verizon Release via Safestrap 3.05 UNSAFE

DROID 2
Liberty ROM V2.0 via Safestrap SAFE
Stock GB Verizon Release via Safestrap UNSAFE
 
omniuni
Old
#60  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 155
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
Just noticed the nightly section for droid 4 was wiped out on rombot. I'll see if I can get that fixed tonight.
Ouch. Good luck!

Sent via Droid 4 with ICS

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes