Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more
Post Reply

[Q] Assistance with Fire - possible BRICK

OP TheTitleist

26th April 2012, 07:53 PM   |  #1  
TheTitleist's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Hey folks, really having a day here with my Fire.

Looks like it's stuck in a boot loop. I can't stop it or get it to load into recovery. I'm using TWRP and CM9 Reloaded. The problem is I can't change it from fast boot because the ROM won't let me mount the storage. Any suggestions or should I just throw this thing away?
26th April 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #2  
kinfauns's Avatar
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 3,106
 
1,702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTitleist

Hey folks, really having a day here with my Fire.

Looks like it's stuck in a boot loop. I can't stop it or get it to load into recovery. I'm using TWRP and CM9 Reloaded. The problem is I can't change it from fast boot because the ROM won't let me mount the storage. Any suggestions or should I just throw this thing away?

It would be helpful for you to describe in detail what your device is doing. If you are in fastboot mode, neither the ROM nor the storage mount has anything to do with it. Perhaps it would be helpful for you to read this guide...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1552547

... or if you want to throw the thing away, I can give you my address and I'll be sure to dispose of it properly.
26th April 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #3  
TheTitleist's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
I have read over the beginners guide multiple times hoping for something that might help me.

When I power on my device, I get the FFF triangle for a few seconds. Then it begins to loop that screen for a few seconds then reboot. I am unable to press the power button (either once, multiple times or holding the button down) to enter into recovery.

Windows is not discovering my device when I connect the USB. In between loops it will occasionally pop up the Found New Device wizard. As for not being able to discover my device - I was told this was related to the ROM. I could only mount the storage from within TWRP which I am unable to access.

Is there anything else I could tell you that might help you understand what is happening? I'm not a android pro by any means but I'm not totally technologically inept either.

Thanks again for any advice.
Last edited by TheTitleist; 26th April 2012 at 08:23 PM.
26th April 2012, 08:31 PM   |  #4  
kinfauns's Avatar
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 3,106
 
1,702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTitleist

I have read over the beginners guide multiple times hoping for something that might help me.

When I power on my device, I get the FFF triangle for a few seconds. Then it begins to loop that screen for a few seconds then reboot. I am unable to press the power button (either once, multiple times or holding the button down) to enter into recovery.

Windows is not discovering my device when I connect the USB. In between loops it will occasionally pop up the Found New Device wizard. As for not being able to discover my device - I was told this was related to the ROM. I could only mount the storage from within TWRP which I am unable to access.

Is there anything else I could tell you that might help you understand what is happening? I'm not a android pro by any means but I'm not totally technologically inept either.

Thanks again for any advice.

Based on what you are describing, I think your battery is (near) dead. The reboot is probably happening because the CPU not getting enough power. I would suggest plugging it into your stock AC charger and leaving it alone for a while to see if it will charge back up.

The bad thing is that the Kindle Fire needs to boot up to charge because the ramdisk handles the charging operation. If your battery doesn't have enough juice to get the CPU going, you might find yourself in a catch-22.

The AC charger is your first, best bet to get your device fixed up.

EDIT: Most users I've seen report this problem have been able to get it to charge with the stock AC charger. However, if that doesn't work for you, take a look at this thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...392693&page=23

start at #226 and read about 20 posts or so into it.... Good luck!
Last edited by kinfauns; 26th April 2012 at 08:56 PM.
26th April 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #5  
TheTitleist's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Thanks for the information. What you are saying makes a ton of sense. I've not been charging my Fire with the wall plug (The unloaded ROM was having issues with that and could only charge via the USB). I can say that my Fire was totally dead this morning and it sat on the USB charger all day - however it might have been too dead to matter.

I'll park it on the AC charger tonight and see.
26th April 2012, 11:02 PM   |  #6  
TheTitleist's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTitleist

Thanks for the information. What you are saying makes a ton of sense. I've not been charging my Fire with the wall plug (The unloaded ROM was having issues with that and could only charge via the USB). I can say that my Fire was totally dead this morning and it sat on the USB charger all day - however it might have been too dead to matter.

I'll park it on the AC charger tonight and see.

Resolved. AC charge was all that was needed.

Sneaky bastard of an issue though, looks just like a boot loop.

Thanks for the assistance.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA
27th April 2012, 12:25 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
ans.
for first five seconds after start up your kindle is in fastboot mode. i`d the same problem. the problem is solved rather simply. you need to connect kindle to the computer and at the same time in Kindle Fire Utility constantly to choose the Fastboot mode. at me it turned out to make it from the third attempt. after that I am flashed my kindle and installed cwm

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Kindle Fire Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank