Post Reply

Galaxy Player 5.0 Bootloader *ONLY* Hard Brick Recovery

21st April 2012, 07:52 PM   |  #31  
Senior Member
Flag Holly
Thanks Meter: 70
 
379 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

I just want to 'point out' that it was an ABSOLUTE ton of work to develop this method. Your problems were operator error. I didn't 'point out' a few things you can try... Rebellos and I worked out the security and protocol issues, developed a bootloader, then turned it into a one-click, tested it extensively, released the tool to fix your problem, and released the source. You clicked a few buttons and learned how to operate your computer and device.

I find your statement about giving you a few things to try offensive. We developed the damn solution which Samsung would otherwise charge you for a new board.

Well... I certainly did not intend on offending anyone... Especially being helped by your guide... I'm not sure why you got upset but the fact is, I had to try a few different guides to get my player working again. Call it an user error but it seems from these boards there are others that have hard time following guides... Regardless of you considering them simple and thorough. I simply wanted to share my experience and if by me pointing out few areas that I found confusing or not as clear... I guess my mistake. If you are so arrogant and can't take or don't like others from adding to your posts, why do you even bother?
Thanks anyways... For helping me partially...
The Following User Says Thank You to cvcduty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 03:55 AM   |  #32  
apapousek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
302 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcduty

Well... I certainly did not intend on offending anyone... Especially being helped by your guide... I'm not sure why you got upset but the fact is, I had to try a few different guides to get my player working again. Call it an user error but it seems from these boards there are others that have hard time following guides... Regardless of you considering them simple and thorough. I simply wanted to share my experience and if by me pointing out few areas that I found confusing or not as clear... I guess my mistake. If you are so arrogant and can't take or don't like others from adding to your posts, why do you even bother?
Thanks anyways... For helping me partially...


Welcome to Dev. Last time I checked, he helped you out completely. Without this method, you would be SOL. They are simple. Follow them step-by-step, and you will have no problems. Heck, you don't even need the Windows bit if you use Heimdall under Linux (Bootloader restore under 64bit Debian, tested). Nothing is being added to the original post by your "Derp, I dun goofed" comment. Why does he bother? Because he's awesome, simply put.

Now, to make this post worthwhile. Tested and worked under 64bit Debian, using Heimdall instead of Odin.
25th April 2012, 07:07 PM   |  #33  
Senior Member
Flag Holly
Thanks Meter: 70
 
379 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by apapousek

Welcome to Dev. Last time I checked, he helped you out completely. Without this method, you would be SOL. They are simple. Follow them step-by-step, and you will have no problems. Heck, you don't even need the Windows bit if you use Heimdall under Linux (Bootloader restore under 64bit Debian, tested). Nothing is being added to the original post by your "Derp, I dun goofed" comment. Why does he bother? Because he's awesome, simply put.

Now, to make this post worthwhile. Tested and worked under 64bit Debian, using Heimdall instead of Odin.

Hmm... I really don't understand why people are taking offence to my simple post about my experiences in un-bricking my device...

One... The last thing I wanted was to offend the OP... Afterall, I used his guide to fix my issues...
Two... Not everyone on this threads are Devs... if anything, far from it... most are average users looking to get tips and tricks... and often times step-by-step guides to unlock some of the "cool" things their devices can do. I, certainly am not a Dev...and I will not even pretend to be one.
You talk about using tools that, as an average owner of these devices, are not too familiar with. Even though I have played with Linux boxes in the past, until recently (to fix my SGP), I did not even have Linux loaded on any of my PCs... and never thought of needing to use it...
So, if you would, please... open your eyes and read what people are saying on these "Dev" forum threads... it might seem simple to you... and as you said... "Derp, I dun goofed"... is what a lot of the users, like myself, have to go through in order to "learn" the "simple" process of flashing and generally messing around with the devices.
So, like I said... sorry, if I came across as being offensive... the simple fact that I wanted to share my "average user" experiences in using this guide was just "too much" of a bore and offensive to "super-duper" users such as yourself.
I have never seen this much of hostility from devs for simply sharing experiences for using their "hard work"... but if that is how you see things... I guess that is up to you...

BTW... it's often not the Devs that are "hostile" to "noobs"... on the contrary... they are usually quite helpful. It's the by-standers that always have a choice comment or two to throw at every "dumb" questions and "simple" mistakes people usually make... go figure... just my observation from these forums... and please... not looking for rebuttal... have a wonderful day...
25th April 2012, 07:38 PM   |  #34  
Quote:
Originally Posted by apapousek

Welcome to Dev. Last time I checked, he helped you out completely. Without this method, you would be SOL. They are simple. Follow them step-by-step, and you will have no problems. Heck, you don't even need the Windows bit if you use Heimdall under Linux (Bootloader restore under 64bit Debian, tested). Nothing is being added to the original post by your "Derp, I dun goofed" comment. Why does he bother? Because he's awesome, simply put.

Now, to make this post worthwhile. Tested and worked under 64bit Debian, using Heimdall instead of Odin.

Can you create a heimdall package of the entire firmware you used? I can make a heimdall one-click to automate installation of all related firmware with my Heimdall One-Click project. If you can create a heimdall package from Heimdall Frontend, I can add in the proper bits.

It must be a full Heimdall flash including IBL+PBL, SBL, SBL2, PIT, SYSTEM, MODEM, Kernel(zImage), recovery (same file as kernel), and if possible, Data and Cache.
25th April 2012, 11:04 PM   |  #35  
klin1344's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Cerritos, CA
Thanks Meter: 5,530
 
3,473 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

Can you create a heimdall package of the entire firmware you used? I can make a heimdall one-click to automate installation of all related firmware with my Heimdall One-Click project. If you can create a heimdall package from Heimdall Frontend, I can add in the proper bits.

It must be a full Heimdall flash including IBL+PBL, SBL, SBL2, PIT, SYSTEM, MODEM, Kernel(zImage), recovery (same file as kernel), and if possible, Data and Cache.

I would be willing to pull every partition from my device to make a 4.0 usa package, except I have one question.. Is there a specific way to dump the bootloaders? Is it just a "dd" command, with any block size (e.g. 4096)?

Sent using Tapatalk
26th April 2012, 04:32 PM   |  #36  
Quote:
Originally Posted by klin1344

I would be willing to pull every partition from my device to make a 4.0 usa package, except I have one question.. Is there a specific way to dump the bootloaders? Is it just a "dd" command, with any block size (e.g. 4096)?

Sent using Tapatalk

BS just speeds up the operation. that's the basic way to do it, but the wrong way to get an official firmware. Also, bootloaders cannot be pulled this way because they will kill your device. We need an official package.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 11:04 PM   |  #37  
klin1344's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Cerritos, CA
Thanks Meter: 5,530
 
3,473 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

BS just speeds up the operation. that's the basic way to do it, but the wrong way to get an official firmware. Also, bootloaders cannot be pulled this way because they will kill your device. We need an official package.

Thanks. But as of now there isn't an official package for the 4.0 US. There is one for the INTL, but with those bootloaders you can't use the combos to enter download mode or recovery on a US player.

Sent using Tapatalk
25th May 2012, 02:08 AM   |  #38  
azoller1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lenexa
Thanks Meter: 1,620
 
1,755 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
ok i did everything you said to do in the first post, got the resurrector going but when i connected my player it said no devices connected? and my player has a black screen and wont turn on even with the charger plugged in and i really need it revived, help? i also have the usb drivers installed
25th May 2012, 02:45 PM   |  #39  
Senior Member
Flag Réunion Island, Saint-Denis
Thanks Meter: 25
 
176 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Plug it in the computer and try reboot (10 seconds hold). If the computer doesn't even recognize it as "SPC5110" (hope I got that right) I don't think there's a solution

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA
2nd September 2012, 10:46 AM   |  #40  
asheehanjr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Westfield, MA
Thanks Meter: 8
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
I need some serious help please! I tried flashing the Daily Driver kernel for the 5.0 player and after it rebooted the player just went dead! I can't turn it on, go into download or recovery mode. I can't get ti to be reconized via Windows or Ubuntu. Sad thing is I just go this yesturday 9/1/12, and I hope I don't have to send this in for repair already. I have installed Ubuntu on my laptap, and i can't seem to find the right drivers for linux. Any I dea on where I can get them? Been searching all night and just having trouble finding them. Been up all night trying to revive this palyer so, just getting a little fustrating and tired. Any help would be HIGHLY APPRICIATED! Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Player 4.0, 5.0 Android Development by ThreadRank