XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Player 5.0 Bootloader *ONLY* Hard Brick Recovery

Tip us?

cvcduty
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler View Post
I just want to 'point out' that it was an ABSOLUTE ton of work to develop this method. Your problems were operator error. I didn't 'point out' a few things you can try... Rebellos and I worked out the security and protocol issues, developed a bootloader, then turned it into a one-click, tested it extensively, released the tool to fix your problem, and released the source. You clicked a few buttons and learned how to operate your computer and device.

I find your statement about giving you a few things to try offensive. We developed the damn solution which Samsung would otherwise charge you for a new board.
Well... I certainly did not intend on offending anyone... Especially being helped by your guide... I'm not sure why you got upset but the fact is, I had to try a few different guides to get my player working again. Call it an user error but it seems from these boards there are others that have hard time following guides... Regardless of you considering them simple and thorough. I simply wanted to share my experience and if by me pointing out few areas that I found confusing or not as clear... I guess my mistake. If you are so arrogant and can't take or don't like others from adding to your posts, why do you even bother?
Thanks anyways... For helping me partially...
My toys...
SG Note II - JB Stock
Captivate - AOSP JB
Touchpad - OaT LnT JB
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 INTL - Eryigit KPA GB Rom - Rls 3.5
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 INTL - CM10 Nightly
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 US - CM10 Nightly
Streak 7 - ICS -B4 CM9
Dinc 2 - GB Stock
AspireOne NetBook - Windows 7/Windows 8 Pre/Ubuntu/Android X86 (ICS)
Logitech GoogleTV - HC 3.2
Nexus 7 16GB - JB Rooted
MK802
Xperia Play R800X - GB
The Following User Says Thank You to cvcduty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apapousek
Old
Thanks Meter 256

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcduty View Post
Well... I certainly did not intend on offending anyone... Especially being helped by your guide... I'm not sure why you got upset but the fact is, I had to try a few different guides to get my player working again. Call it an user error but it seems from these boards there are others that have hard time following guides... Regardless of you considering them simple and thorough. I simply wanted to share my experience and if by me pointing out few areas that I found confusing or not as clear... I guess my mistake. If you are so arrogant and can't take or don't like others from adding to your posts, why do you even bother?
Thanks anyways... For helping me partially...

Welcome to Dev. Last time I checked, he helped you out completely. Without this method, you would be SOL. They are simple. Follow them step-by-step, and you will have no problems. Heck, you don't even need the Windows bit if you use Heimdall under Linux (Bootloader restore under 64bit Debian, tested). Nothing is being added to the original post by your "Derp, I dun goofed" comment. Why does he bother? Because he's awesome, simply put.

Now, to make this post worthwhile. Tested and worked under 64bit Debian, using Heimdall instead of Odin.
On indefinite hiatus.

If you really need to contact me about a project: anthony@papousek.org
If you'd like to keep up with me outside of XDA: blog.papousek.org

cvcduty
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by apapousek View Post
Welcome to Dev. Last time I checked, he helped you out completely. Without this method, you would be SOL. They are simple. Follow them step-by-step, and you will have no problems. Heck, you don't even need the Windows bit if you use Heimdall under Linux (Bootloader restore under 64bit Debian, tested). Nothing is being added to the original post by your "Derp, I dun goofed" comment. Why does he bother? Because he's awesome, simply put.

Now, to make this post worthwhile. Tested and worked under 64bit Debian, using Heimdall instead of Odin.
Hmm... I really don't understand why people are taking offence to my simple post about my experiences in un-bricking my device...

One... The last thing I wanted was to offend the OP... Afterall, I used his guide to fix my issues...
Two... Not everyone on this threads are Devs... if anything, far from it... most are average users looking to get tips and tricks... and often times step-by-step guides to unlock some of the "cool" things their devices can do. I, certainly am not a Dev...and I will not even pretend to be one.
You talk about using tools that, as an average owner of these devices, are not too familiar with. Even though I have played with Linux boxes in the past, until recently (to fix my SGP), I did not even have Linux loaded on any of my PCs... and never thought of needing to use it...
So, if you would, please... open your eyes and read what people are saying on these "Dev" forum threads... it might seem simple to you... and as you said... "Derp, I dun goofed"... is what a lot of the users, like myself, have to go through in order to "learn" the "simple" process of flashing and generally messing around with the devices.
So, like I said... sorry, if I came across as being offensive... the simple fact that I wanted to share my "average user" experiences in using this guide was just "too much" of a bore and offensive to "super-duper" users such as yourself.
I have never seen this much of hostility from devs for simply sharing experiences for using their "hard work"... but if that is how you see things... I guess that is up to you...

BTW... it's often not the Devs that are "hostile" to "noobs"... on the contrary... they are usually quite helpful. It's the by-standers that always have a choice comment or two to throw at every "dumb" questions and "simple" mistakes people usually make... go figure... just my observation from these forums... and please... not looking for rebuttal... have a wonderful day...
My toys...
SG Note II - JB Stock
Captivate - AOSP JB
Touchpad - OaT LnT JB
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 INTL - Eryigit KPA GB Rom - Rls 3.5
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 INTL - CM10 Nightly
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 US - CM10 Nightly
Streak 7 - ICS -B4 CM9
Dinc 2 - GB Stock
AspireOne NetBook - Windows 7/Windows 8 Pre/Ubuntu/Android X86 (ICS)
Logitech GoogleTV - HC 3.2
Nexus 7 16GB - JB Rooted
MK802
Xperia Play R800X - GB

AdamOutler
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9,629

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by apapousek View Post

Can you create a heimdall package of the entire firmware you used? I can make a heimdall one-click to automate installation of all related firmware with my Heimdall One-Click project. If you can create a heimdall package from Heimdall Frontend, I can add in the proper bits.

It must be a full Heimdall flash including IBL+PBL, SBL, SBL2, PIT, SYSTEM, MODEM, Kernel(zImage), recovery (same file as kernel), and if possible, Data and Cache.
Flash with Odin on Windows, Linux and Mac. Use JOdin3, Available in a web browser or offline
Check out my developer pages. Add me to your circles on Google Plus.
Wanna see the longest Linux BASH script ever made? click here.

klin1344
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Can you create a heimdall package of the entire firmware you used? I can make a heimdall one-click to automate installation of all related firmware with my Heimdall One-Click project. If you can create a heimdall package from Heimdall Frontend, I can add in the proper bits.

It must be a full Heimdall flash including IBL+PBL, SBL, SBL2, PIT, SYSTEM, MODEM, Kernel(zImage), recovery (same file as kernel), and if possible, Data and Cache.
I would be willing to pull every partition from my device to make a 4.0 usa package, except I have one question.. Is there a specific way to dump the bootloaders? Is it just a "dd" command, with any block size (e.g. 4096)?

Sent using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 - Android 4.4.4 KitKat

| [APP][FREE][4.0+]Cardify Flashcards |
Intuitive and simple user interface, yet powerful and feature-packed.

| [GAME][FREE][2.2+]Energy City |
A simple, yet captivating 2D game that will test your reflexes—and patience!

AdamOutler
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9,629

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by klin1344 View Post
I would be willing to pull every partition from my device to make a 4.0 usa package, except I have one question.. Is there a specific way to dump the bootloaders? Is it just a "dd" command, with any block size (e.g. 4096)?

Sent using Tapatalk
BS just speeds up the operation. that's the basic way to do it, but the wrong way to get an official firmware. Also, bootloaders cannot be pulled this way because they will kill your device. We need an official package.
Flash with Odin on Windows, Linux and Mac. Use JOdin3, Available in a web browser or offline
Check out my developer pages. Add me to your circles on Google Plus.
Wanna see the longest Linux BASH script ever made? click here.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

klin1344
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
BS just speeds up the operation. that's the basic way to do it, but the wrong way to get an official firmware. Also, bootloaders cannot be pulled this way because they will kill your device. We need an official package.
Thanks. But as of now there isn't an official package for the 4.0 US. There is one for the INTL, but with those bootloaders you can't use the combos to enter download mode or recovery on a US player.

Sent using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 - Android 4.4.4 KitKat

| [APP][FREE][4.0+]Cardify Flashcards |
Intuitive and simple user interface, yet powerful and feature-packed.

| [GAME][FREE][2.2+]Energy City |
A simple, yet captivating 2D game that will test your reflexes—and patience!

azoller1
Old
Thanks Meter 1,619

DONATE TO ME
ok i did everything you said to do in the first post, got the resurrector going but when i connected my player it said no devices connected? and my player has a black screen and wont turn on even with the charger plugged in and i really need it revived, help? i also have the usb drivers installed
DONATIONS WOULD BE NICE!!-- HERE

Device: LG G3 32GB Verizon (VS985)
Rom: Trying to hack this locked bootloader.....
Kernel: Look above

Device: Asus TF300T 32GB
Rom: Running KatKiss
Kernel: KatKiss kernel

MY DEV
GOO.IM FILES/FOLDERS
ANDROID FILE HOST DEVICES
SOURCEFORGE FILES

Chris4evernoob
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Plug it in the computer and try reboot (10 seconds hold). If the computer doesn't even recognize it as "SPC5110" (hope I got that right) I don't think there's a solution

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA

asheehanjr
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I need some serious help please! I tried flashing the Daily Driver kernel for the 5.0 player and after it rebooted the player just went dead! I can't turn it on, go into download or recovery mode. I can't get ti to be reconized via Windows or Ubuntu. Sad thing is I just go this yesturday 9/1/12, and I hope I don't have to send this in for repair already. I have installed Ubuntu on my laptap, and i can't seem to find the right drivers for linux. Any I dea on where I can get them? Been searching all night and just having trouble finding them. Been up all night trying to revive this palyer so, just getting a little fustrating and tired. Any help would be HIGHLY APPRICIATED! Thanks!
Sprint Galaxy Mega 6.3
Recovery: Philz Touch Rom: Stock rooted, debloated and xposed.

Moto G
Recovery: Philz Touch Rom: CM11 Snapshot 5

Galaxy Player 3.6.
Recovery: None. Rom Stock

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME FOR TECH SUPPORT. IM JUST A USER