FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Best Camera App for OB. [Share your Camera Apps with demo photo]

169 posts
Thanks Meter: 72
 
By mullarameez, Senior Member on 24th April 2012, 03:48 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th April 2012, 07:15 PM |#21  
mbting's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
One feature I love about stock camera is the manual focus. That's one feature I always wanted on a smartphone camera.
I miss that on other apps, especially on non-stock roms. any suggestions?
and the video auto focus too
Last edited by mbting; 26th April 2012 at 07:32 PM.
 
 
26th April 2012, 07:49 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbting

One feature I love about stock camera is the manual focus. That's one feature I always wanted on a smartphone camera.
I miss that on other apps, especially on non-stock roms. any suggestions?
and the video auto focus too

In camerapro app you will get all this with even more easy way to focus just slide your finger.. in video also it has options like single focus continuous focus in stock you get only continuous focus in video recording.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to mullarameez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 11:08 PM |#23  
mbting's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullarameez

In camerapro app you will get all this with even more easy way to focus just slide your finger.. in video also it has options like single focus continuous focus in stock you get only continuous focus in video recording.

tried it on zeus 6 and.....
it was pretty good. video auto focus actually worked but audio started recording around 3 minutes into the video, strange and the sound was kinda like distorted.
and the image manual focus was not what i wanted but nice.

and the app keeps of FC on [GB]MIUI 2.1a rom... probably rom problem
27th April 2012, 03:51 AM |#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
nice 1
23rd May 2012, 02:59 PM |#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i noticed my screen is darker when using 3rd party camera apps as compared to the stock camera. is that normal?
14th June 2012, 12:39 PM |#26  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I am also using zeus rom and I was searching for a replacement camera app. I guess the only reason was to get full res shots, otherwise the stock app has almost everything.

Tried camerapro but I don't get along with the focusing style, I want to get quick shots, not to have to touch the screen twice (1 to focus, 1 to shoot). Also it doesn't have the panorama mode, which is present in the stock app and it's really cool. However, there is no time lapse in the stock app, which would be nice.

Basically, is there a replacement camera app which ticks all the check-boxes, is fast and reliable, shoots full res, etc?


Edit: I forgot to ask, is there a way to change the settings in the stock camera app so that it remembers what you modified? Like I want the flash to be disabled by default, and only enable it when I need it. It always goes back to auto
Last edited by xdacuc; 14th June 2012 at 01:09 PM.
18th June 2012, 12:25 PM |#27  
wogz143's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cebu City
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by achyut

i used most of the camera apps and always come back to the stock app.
because i find the options useful and also the quality better. (except for HDR pics. i use HDR+).
u *can* increase the quality of the stock camera at your will.
take build.prop and add:
ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000
ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000
ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100

take media.xml (/system/etc) and change the values to get the desired result.

take a look at some of my pics. they are "Stock" camera pics.

WOW!... I love the quality. so I will just edit the "media.xml" ? And where can I find the "build.prop" I really like to have that kind of quality... Sorry, i'm a noob at exploring the system files...
Last edited by wogz143; 18th June 2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: added lines.
19th June 2012, 05:50 AM |#28  
t0g3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 308
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wogz143

WOW!... I love the quality. so I will just edit the "media.xml" ? And where can I find the "build.prop" I really like to have that kind of quality... Sorry, i'm a noob at exploring the system files...

/system/build.prop
The Following User Says Thank You to t0g3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2012, 05:38 AM |#29  
slowy77's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Raigarh
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
i love lge camera, try urself, its too easy and almost all features of stock camera
22nd June 2012, 06:54 AM |#30  
furb3t's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
I'm using Fast Burst Camera because it's capable of taking 30 photos per second, and now i'm able to have a good focus to photos to my child
22nd June 2012, 09:37 AM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 425
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by achyut

i used most of the camera apps and always come back to the stock app.
because i find the options useful and also the quality better. (except for HDR pics. i use HDR+).
u *can* increase the quality of the stock camera at your will.
take build.prop and add:
ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000
ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000
ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100

take media.xml (/system/etc) and change the values to get the desired result.

take a look at some of my pics. they are "Stock" camera pics.

Hi.

What should i change in media.xml? (media_profiles.xml)

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes