OP cincyelite22

26th April 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #41  
Flag SD
Thanks Meter: 763

2,303 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conap

One more side note for those asking ext2/ext4 you should always use ext4 with the rezound. I will probably end up removing the ext2 choice as it's not really needed for our phone's.

Thanks for this answer.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
27th April 2012, 12:04 AM   |  #42  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 233

1,350 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apophis9283

Conap, what do we do if we want to boot ics and we have gb firmware? The mounting points are different.

sent from my S-OFF, INCREDIBLE, faster than a THUNDERBOLT, REZOUND!

I'm still on gb firmware. A couple of the rom's have a zip file that will revert the mountpoints so I just flash that after flashing the ics rom and haven't had any issues. Also make sure you have the setting correct in BootManager for which ever hboot your using.
27th April 2012, 12:54 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 501

1,168 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conap

I'm still on gb firmware. A couple of the rom's have a zip file that will revert the mountpoints so I just flash that after flashing the ics rom and haven't had any issues. Also make sure you have the setting correct in BootManager for which ever hboot your using.

email sent

*UPDATE* - seems like it was a problem with Joels BAMF 2.1 ROM and Superuser access. Boot manager was not requesting root and therefore was not able to manage the roms correctly. it never notified me so i had no idea. I switched to Clean ROM 4.3 and boot manager requested root right away. seems to be working now

thank you for the help and support
Last edited by racinwarrior; 27th April 2012 at 04:14 PM.
28th April 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 377

1,637 posts
I just downloaded this app and working so far ! Takes a long time to load rom though from the boot manager app would it be faster to install rom in recovery then have boot manager load it in a slot from the nandroid ?
28th April 2012, 06:30 PM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 333

1,203 posts
So I do the install, it installs, but it tells me I don't have a boot.img.
I extracted the kernel from the ROM, put it in a separate directory and included it in the queue, but it doesn't seem to have worked? If I use a file explorer to navigate to the directory where the ROM is installed there is indeed no boot.img. Any ideas on getting the kernel installed?

Edit: It says "Error Building new boot.img" FWIW
28th April 2012, 07:13 PM   |  #46  
Flag Greensboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 433

2,077 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhna

I extracted the kernel from the ROM, put it in a separate directory and included it in the queue, but it doesn't seem to have worked? If I use a file explorer to navigate to the directory where the ROM is installed there is indeed no boot.img. Any ideas on getting the kernel installed?

When u were in phone Rom did u hit setup phone before u flash a Rom bc u should

Sent from my Dinc... I mean Rezound
28th April 2012, 07:19 PM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 333

1,203 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yojoe600

When u were in phone Rom did u hit setup phone before u flash a Rom bc u should

Sent from my Dinc... I mean Rezound

Of course, but it's probably not relevant to being unable to build a boot.img on an external ROM, unless I'm missing something about how this program operates.
28th April 2012, 07:29 PM   |  #48  

1,637 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhna

I installed 2 roms , 1 ics, other sense 4 no issues. Tried to load zones gb Rom with kernel included and got the same error..unable to build boot.img.

Re ran it was fine. Just finicky I guess
Last edited by mjh68; 28th April 2012 at 08:07 PM.
28th April 2012, 08:59 PM   |  #49  
Flag Greensboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 433

2,077 posts
Donate to Me
More
hmm well i have no problem on mine.. ( not saying i havent before... but its working right now).... maybe try uninstalling and reintalling bootmanager after clearing out the folders
28th April 2012, 09:56 PM   |  #50  

1,637 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yojoe600

hmm well i have no problem on mine.. ( not saying i havent before... but its working right now).... maybe try uninstalling and reintalling bootmanager after clearing out the folders

Thanks..its working fine. I just have to realize it maybe quirky at times.glad I waited for s -off so it has been a great app ! Just wish it was faster. Saw on the faq on the website that card class is a lot of it. So expected , I am still using card that came with the phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread