Samsung Galaxy S2 T-Mobile ROM

Search This thread
Oct 2, 2010
OK I am a noob I rooted and installed CMW on my phone. Then I tried the ICS port and I loved it except it didn't have wi-fi calling. Then I tried [ROM] T989 || Stock || Bloat Free || Rooted || Su || Busybox = STREAMLINED V2 by teshxx. With this ROM my phone makes the T-Mobile boot sound and then I just get a black screen. I can flash other roms but I want the wi-fi calling feature back.

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
He needs to read the forum for another few days before doing any flashing

Oct 2, 2010
He needs to read the forum for another few days before doing any flashing

I know how to do flashing, I have done many before.
This is a brand new phone and my second time flashing it.

After booting into CWM, I installed in this order:
Darkside Super Wipe EXT4
Kernel Cleanser
Streamlined_2.0_T989_by_Teshxx

When booting into this rom, after a half hour now I just have a black screen.
I want to know what I did wrong.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2010

Thank you very much though I don't need that, I know how to flash another rom and I did for now. I just want to know why the one I wanted to use didn't work.

Last edited:

ToledoG28

Mar 19, 2012
Ponce
Hello. This is just my opinion. First try to dowload other rom using ur pc. Dowloads work better on pc. If u cant then dowload to ur phone using wifi...not ur phone data package. U looking for a rom with wifi calling..i like that too. U can try Juggernaut...last version. It is in my opinion one of the best and complete GB roms available for our device. U can just wipe data a couple times and cache if u are coming from a gb rom. If ur coming from ICS u better use super wipe. In both situations u can use kernel cleanser before flashing the rom.

I hope this helps and dont forget to read and read and read. Its just necessary. Good luck. And be careful flashing....things happens to any one. Noob or not.

Ps. Juggernaut has wifi calling and works like a charm. but theres a couple very good roms tha has it and works fine as well.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: Psychopathic86
Oct 2, 2010
Ok everybody I decided to try Juggernaut and I really like the mms/sms/calling over wifi really saves battery too. I'm going to try the two in your sig also, iLeopard. Anygood ics ROMs that have mms/wifi calling and auto rotation ?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Last edited:

iLeopard

Dec 12, 2011
College Station
Ok everybody I decided to try Juggernaut and I really like the mms/sms/calling over wifi really saves battery too. I'm going to try the two in your sig also, iLeopard. Anygood ics ROMs that have mms/wifi calling and auto rotation ?

Stay away from ICS right for now, they are highly unstable (many issues), no wifi calling and horrible battery life. Just wait for an official ICS release

Reactions: Psychopathic86

total_noob_1

Jan 17, 2012
California
Any word on when its coming?

The"official"release date is said to be late may but I think its going to be something like June or so, and as far as the ics leaks are concerned, I'm using perfection II as my daily driver with the v6 supercharger script and my battery life is great.I don't like or use the wifi calling so that doesn't bother me so much. But all in all its a great dd for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What are you asking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
    Maybe it is a bad download. Or your phone for whatever reason doesn't like that rom

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you cannot validate them." -Abraham Lincoln
    Hello. This is just my opinion. First try to dowload other rom using ur pc. Dowloads work better on pc. If u cant then dowload to ur phone using wifi...not ur phone data package. U looking for a rom with wifi calling..i like that too. U can try Juggernaut...last version. It is in my opinion one of the best and complete GB roms available for our device. U can just wipe data a couple times and cache if u are coming from a gb rom. If ur coming from ICS u better use super wipe. In both situations u can use kernel cleanser before flashing the rom.

I hope this helps and dont forget to read and read and read. Its just necessary. Good luck. And be careful flashing....things happens to any one. Noob or not.

Ps. Juggernaut has wifi calling and works like a charm. but theres a couple very good roms tha has it and works fine as well.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA
    Hit both parts of my siggy. You get wifi calling and unparalleled battery life. Cheers.

Stay away from ICS right for now, they are highly unstable (many issues), no wifi calling and horrible battery life. Just wait for an official ICS release