Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,524 Members 42,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Exhibit 4G

Tip us?

BABUUSHKA
Old
Thanks Meter 3
OMG!!! i cannot catch a break! when i double click setup, it says it didnt install successful and in device manager it doesnt successfully install either. when the phone is on regularly, its fine, no driver issues but downloading is where i have the error.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

ugh. i hate this. thank you for all your help! if you have any other suggestions i'll try anything but at this point i may just send it back. good night, i'm sure i'll talk to you tomorrow!

BABUUSHKA
Old
Thanks Meter 3
haha. so this morning i got up and attempted to use my phone and i no longer the the com.android.phone FC now almost every other app (ex. friendcaster pro, be weather pro, instagram, camera) FC's and to top it off, the phone no longer holds the SIM card correctly so i cant use it to make calls or text anyway. back to samsung it goes. -____-

KeanuC
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Do I have to wait until we get a custom rom, to change the system theme? Or is there a way now?

Sent from my SGH-T759 using XDA
Sent From My Rooted,Overclocked,Custom Boot, Cola6----R800X Using XDA Premium Ron Paul 2012
The Following User Says Thank You to KeanuC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BABUUSHKA
Old
Thanks Meter 3
you have to wait. from the several forums i've visited, the exhibit 4g was designed to be difficult to modify.

BABUUSHKA
Old
Thanks Meter 3
*sigh* i just cant leave it be. i found a SUPER helpful video on how to install samsung drivers but when i follow the video, i get a code 10 in device manager. suggestions anyone?

Bassmanjames
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by BABUUSHKA View Post
*sigh* i just cant leave it be. i found a SUPER helpful video on how to install samsung drivers but when i follow the video, i get a code 10 in device manager. suggestions anyone?
Yeah, use open source heimdall and screw Odin (proprietary B.S.)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to Bassmanjames For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BABUUSHKA
Old
(Last edited by BABUUSHKA; 27th April 2012 at 03:44 AM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 3
i'm assuming its an alt to odin? i'll google it.

edit: downloaded heimdall but while reading the README file (which is a first) i see i need the .pit file. if someone has it, an upload would be fantastic but until then i will be scouring google.

stupid edit #2: heehee... i figured it out.

BABUUSHKA
Old
Thanks Meter 3
SWEET HOLY MOTHER FUNKY BUTT LOVIN! IT WORKED!!! heimdall is GOD!

Bassmanjames
Old
(Last edited by Bassmanjames; 27th April 2012 at 04:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by BABUUSHKA View Post
SWEET HOLY MOTHER FUNKY BUTT LOVIN! IT WORKED!!! heimdall is GOD!
Lol sweet
Regarding the pit file in heimdall: only load the pit from your device do not flash a pit from anyone else. If you read this entire thread you will see what happens

BABUUSHKA
Old
Thanks Meter 3
ya, i googled .pit and i read that you need to create it from your own phone. i'm on my 2nd device and i actually have a 3rd on its way because i thought this one was toast too. but now i'm gonna be able to refuse that delivery.