OP Senior Member
Flag Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 173

101 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentoe

Just to update on using this rom with development.

Currently the /defaults.prop file has ro.secure=1 when it should equal 0 but we can't change it since that file gets loaded from the ramdisk every boot up.

However, I changed the permissions on /data/local/bin & /data/local to 777 and it successfully pushes the apk from eclipse and debugs properly.

At first I restarted adb as root using "adb root" in command prompt then it complained about those specific file directories so I changed permissions, restarted without root, and now it successfully works!

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.

Similar problem here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1508222

and here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1269640

Nice job! I don't know how I would fix that myself quite yet, but I'll look into it.

Anyone looking for a changelog, there's not really an official one. However, there is this. This has all of the changes from CM, which are most of the changes in my builds.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drk.hd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 03:12 AM   |  #272  
Thanks Meter: 17

191 posts
More
I'm getting some fc's when adding an image to a text message. Had one lock up and reboot, too. The message eventually sent after it reboot, but now I'm getting some screen flickering between transitions.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA
26th April 2012, 10:25 AM   |  #273  
Thanks Meter: 5

49 posts
Running a5 with inkredikernel test 7. Runs great! Thanks again for the hard work on this. Anyone know of a newer version of the hwaccel test versions?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA
26th April 2012, 02:48 PM   |  #274  
Thanks Meter: 9

425 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentoe

Just to update on using this rom with development.

Currently the /defaults.prop file has ro.secure=1 when it should equal 0 but we can't change it since that file gets loaded from the ramdisk every boot up.

However, I changed the permissions on /data/local/bin & /data/local to 777 and it successfully pushes the apk from eclipse and debugs properly.

At first I restarted adb as root using "adb root" in command prompt then it complained about those specific file directories so I changed permissions, restarted without root, and now it successfully works!

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.

Similar problem here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1508222

and here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1269640

uuhhhmm, what does this mean to me (someone who just knows how to flash roms)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrits

Facebook was doing this, so I switched to the free version of Friendster until they work out some of the bugs in Fast Facebook.

Also, has anyone had their phone freeze then reboot when viewing the battery stats. It's happened to me several times.

I'm also experiencing the bug where the sound profile changes. I didn't realize it was an issue until I read about it here.

Eta: I just tries uploading a photo with the xda app....where is it? Blah.

apparently there is an option to turn gps off in facebook with the latest update. score: Rick 1, Facebook 0!!

I haven't had it reboot while looking at battery stats, but it normally freezes up when connecting or disconnecting to a charger.

as far as the sound profile changing, i noticed it only does that after unplugging headset/headphones (for me at least)
26th April 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #275  
Thanks Meter: 8

72 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick311

This a development thread...

EDIT: Hopefully didn't come across like a jerk, just pointing out that it might not pertain to everyday flashers such as ourselves.
Last edited by DRW315; 26th April 2012 at 05:29 PM.
26th April 2012, 08:16 PM   |  #276  
Thanks Meter: 9

425 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRW315

This a development thread...

EDIT: Hopefully didn't come across like a jerk, just pointing out that it might not pertain to everyday flashers such as ourselves.

it's all good. i was just wondering if it good news for this rom or something. just trying to understand it a bit more.
26th April 2012, 09:51 PM   |  #277  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 10

131 posts
More
I am playing with some tweaks I have made on my end however none of them are stable enough to request pushing to kd...
26th April 2012, 11:16 PM   |  #278  
Thanks Meter: 70

340 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drk.hd

Nice job! I don't know how I would fix that myself quite yet, but I'll look into it.

Anyone looking for a changelog, there's not really an official one. However, there is this. This has all of the changes from CM, which are most of the changes in my builds.

Thanks!

Sounds good, thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick311

Well, since I do android application development I need to be able to install apk's through adb and this was restricting that.

Basically, don't worry about it lol
The Following User Says Thank You to kentoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 11:54 PM   |  #279  
Thanks Meter: 49

430 posts
Can someone point me to the incredikernel with hwa test 7 thanks.

Sent from my Incredible using XDA
27th April 2012, 12:10 AM   |  #280  
Thanks Meter: 1,977

5,515 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by el6006

Can someone point me to the incredikernel with hwa test 7 thanks.

Sent from my Incredible using XDA

Search this thread for "test 7" and you'll see it was posted in here by three different people.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, ics, incredible, kang, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread