Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

transformer update!

Tip us?

swissynopants
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by awicks View Post
Has anyone actually received a WW version of the .21 update?
Asus France (which is way more responsive than their English counterparts) have posted that the update will be deployed today - the post is dated from yesterday (25th)

For those who speak it:

Quote:
Bonjour à toute la communauté Transformer,
une nouvelle mise à jour version 9-2-1-21 pour le TF101 sera disponible demain. Elle va permettre d'améliorer:
- la stabilité du systeme
- la stabilité de l'appli Email
- l'appli AppBackup
- la stabilitéde MyLibrary
- le support XiFi Direct
- le support du dezippage via le gestionnaire de fichier
- l'ajout d'une fonction de restauration des onglet sur le navigateur Internet.
N'hesitez pas à nous indiquer si cette mise à jour a reglé ou non les problèmes de ceux qui en recnontrent encore. Nous remonterons les inforamtions à nos ingénieurs. Merci !
But of course, people are already up in arms about why this hasn't been pushed already.

Sauce:
https://www.facebook.com/asus.fr/pos...50766112094824

sandman7793
Old
Thanks Meter 566
Default SD Card

Im staying away from it. I have test16b kernel installed over stock rom and aslong as i keep sd card out of dock theres no RR SOD or anything of the sort then OC to 1400 and its so smoth asus can just leave me alone!!!!

Outlaw979
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Problem with update

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I'd like to ask a question regarding the following problem:
I've TF101 with stock ICS 4.0.3 rooted with CWM 5.5.0.4,
today I saw that there is a firmware update available from ASUS 9.2.1.21 and decided to install it.
I made a backup with CWM and then ran OTA ROOT Keeper to backup my root, then ran the update. My tablet has been restarted and stucked at CWM menu screen.
I tried to make a restore but after it finished and I choose the option in CWM "reboot system now" the tablet has been restarted and entered again in CWM menu.
Please HELP !!!

Woody
Old
Moderator & RC/RT Committees - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Thanks Meter 8,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw979 View Post
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I'd like to ask a question regarding the following problem:
I've TF101 with stock ICS 4.0.3 rooted with CWM 5.5.0.4,
today I saw that there is a firmware update available from ASUS 9.2.1.21 and decided to install it.
I made a backup with CWM and then ran OTA ROOT Keeper to backup my root, then ran the update. My tablet has been restarted and stucked at CWM menu screen.
I tried to make a restore but after it finished and I choose the option in CWM "reboot system now" the tablet has been restarted and entered again in CWM menu.
Please HELP !!!

Couple of things. You are new so, we'll give you that but there are a few things wrong here.

First you cannot receive the OTA with a custome recovery like CWM. You'll need to go the the Epic Noob Guide and check out how to install the Stock Recovery.

Second, you used OTA Rootkeeper. Good job with that bc with the ICS .21 they closed the exploit to allow Root access, so you lose root, it is gone (for now) unless you are NVflash-able.

Third, CWM 5.5.0.4 is an bad recovery and will throw you into a recovery loop, which you are in now. There is a fix for it either in the General or Q&A section. It has since been fixed but since you are in the middle of utter chaos, you'll need to read that thread to find out how. It's OP is updated frequently, so there shoudl be no problem.

Good Luck.
<a href=http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif</a>
ZFFZ

I GPL I

"The work of men of genius, however wrongly directed, hardly ever fails to open the eyes of men to new possibilities."
- Dr. Victor Frankenstein (Mary Shelley)

r3dp0is0n2012
Old
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
Yep got my update build number 9.2.1.21 today! Hoping to fix the rebooting problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

GalaxySdude
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Well, I've been running .21 since Monday night and it seems to have cured my SoD. However, I woke up this morning to find my tab in a bootloop - first time I've ever seen that . Had to hold down the power button to get it out of the loop. Let's hope they have a 4.0.4 build in the pipe.

Arobase40
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by awicks View Post
Has anyone actually received a WW version of the .21 update?
Not available yet even on their website !!!

US, TW and CN only atm... ^^

Sh*t !!!

Lucky Armpit
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I spoke to soon. Almost exactly 48 hours after applying the update, I just had my first random reboot. It was stuck on the boot screen.

fldude99
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by daz_2000 View Post
You wiped after update?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
No, but I just cleared data in the app and let it re-sync. Hopefully that will help.

CheyenneDonna
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Three days after the latest update I had a random reboot-stuck on the spinning circle. Slightly better since I was having them 2 or 3 times a day. But the battery life has gone down and My Library app still does not work - freezes every time I open it. Stock rom for me.