OP emorej

26th April 2012, 09:42 PM   |  #91  
Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 14,223

21,723 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorK

Oh great and glorious Hamdir. Judge ye, my third HOX and decide its fate...

The photo may not show it but there is no gap between the screen and the black lining. There IS a gap between the lining and the grey shell... also earlier today i realised I can stick my finger nail between the lining and the glass on the right side of the screen, but that does require a fair bit of force.

My main concern: Is the gap between the the shell and the glass 'immune' to dust getting in?

Anyway:

Oh and ignore the dust currently on the screen, that's all on top at the moment and just needs a wipe. It's just the bright light bringing it out.

lol mate if you are showing the top side your phone is fine mate, also if its good don't mess with it stop playing with the tiny gap so you don't make one happen lol

the gap we are talking about is really a gap
26th April 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #92  
Thanks Meter: 347

1,329 posts
So you can compare your gape with other (in this case, mine):

26th April 2012, 10:56 PM   |  #93  
Thanks Meter: 1

47 posts
OK, I feel a lot more relieved now. Thanks for looking...

...but even still... one nagging feeling, although the phones with the larger gaps will probably attract dust in a matter of days, won't mine still end up just as horribly dusty within a couple of months.. at least... relatively soon into a contract? Or is it the gap between the glass and lining that will cause the trouble?
26th April 2012, 11:01 PM   |  #94  
Recognized Contributor
Beirut

21,723 posts
gap between the lining is more worrying since it usually means the screen is actually loose

I don't mind a gap on top, if the flex is caused by heat theory is true, eh convenient located gap is batter than a left side flex

been using my new hox for the past hour, the battery is heating up to 40 deg, a smell cameout and my ultra white screen got a bit yellower, definitely screen glue has to settle, usually needs a week to stabilize, I won't be abusing my HOX until everything settles

by the way the whiter screen is also less saturated, crazy bright I had to drop brightness to 25%

so far so good
Last edited by hamdir; 26th April 2012 at 11:09 PM.
26th April 2012, 11:41 PM   |  #95  
Thanks Meter: 347

1,329 posts
Whiter screen + less saturated = drool...

Is it more bright than previous One X's hamdir? I don't like high brightness, it harms my eyes
26th April 2012, 11:53 PM   |  #96  
Recognized Contributor
Beirut

21,723 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself11

Whiter screen + less saturated = drool...

Is it more bright than previous One X's hamdir? I don't like high brightness, it harms my eyes

insanely more bright but man u have to see how white it is, I'm using it at less than half the brightness slider

yellowness n smell quickly went away, let's hope it doesn't keep interacting with heat

our friend vegetaleb tried others from the same batch today and said they seem flawless
27th April 2012, 12:19 AM   |  #97  
Thanks Meter: 1

47 posts
yea i have to say, the difference between the yellow screen and the white is insane my first hox was white, and i was amazed at the screen. i went to immediately do something on my ipad 3rd gen with its 'retina' display after using the first hox and immediately thought 'this could be sharper'

then my second hox was the yellow one and the images just dont 'lift' to the surface and have the appeal. thankfully my new one is white again.

if the media really catch on to all these problems, i seriously think htc just can't handle any more slack after their last year's reported losses and could seriously face going bust or just shrinking into the beats by dre stuff.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread