Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,088 Members 39,331 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Project kitchen sink (cm9,miui,cna,aokp,gummy, plus tons of options) v2.0 5/3/12

Tip us?

sendust7
Old
Thanks Meter 778

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Bill View Post
We are working on making non-compatible options not show up as choices.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
Just a thought... Maybe keep apps like Reloaded ICS as options and offer to push zips to /sdcard/Download. Or something of that nature...
The Following User Says Thank You to sendust7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

duchski
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendust7 View Post
Just a thought... Maybe keep apps like Reloaded ICS as options and offer to push zips to /sdcard/Download. Or something of that nature...
Reloaded ICS IS an option now... I dont have it on my CM9 ROM
Current: Motorola X - GSM

Retired and destroyed: too many to mention. Honorable mentions to HTC RAPHAEL and MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G.

sendust7
Old
Thanks Meter 778

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchski View Post
Reloaded ICS IS an option now... I dont have it on my CM9 ROM
Actually it's a longer story.

duchski
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Question: what is CMA? I can't find any info on that project?

What it is and how does it differ from CM9 other than the names of developers working on it ? Is there a page or thread comparing features and shortcomings of all CM9 derived ROMs somewhere on XDA or on the general Net? I use my phone for work and unfortunately can't spend hours playing with different builds not to mention risking problems with the phone itself... Any help?

Retired and destroyed: too many to mention. Honorable mentions to HTC RAPHAEL and MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G.

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 729
Quote:
Question: what is CMA? I can't find any info on that project?

What it is and how does it differ from CM9 other than the names of developers working on it ? Is there a page or thread comparing features and shortcomings of all CM9 derived ROMs somewhere on XDA or on the general Net? I use my phone for work and unfortunately can't spend hours playing with different builds not to mention risking problems with the phone itself... Any help?
yes.... don't get into rooting if you need ALL the functions of your phone working ALL of the time....

.....and its CNA(codenameandroid), not CMA......lol

Sent from my MB860 using XDA
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

duchski
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA View Post
yes.... don't get into rooting if you need ALL the functions of your phone working ALL of the time....

.....and its CNA(codenameandroid), not CMA......lol

Sent from my MB860 using XDA
rooting? My phone was rooted few hours after purchase

Any help pointing to a CM9 ROMs comparison?

Th3Bill
Old
Thanks Meter 8,978

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

I've used all of em...CNA is VERY close to AOSP ICS....until you start modifying it within the HUGE amounts of settings. It's pretty cool. Myself, I build and prefer MIUI, but I did spend 2 days on CNA to test it for Kitchen sink while Joker and I were putting this together so that I could work the bugs out. One thing I will say...ALL of the roms in this build are VERY good. I'm not ust saying that because I am one of the devs on this project. Many of the "issues" are due to us not having had the chance to test every possible configuration of the options the "Sink" has to offer. My advice before you jump into this one is to pick a single rom setup....see how it fits you. Or, you could just jump in here and see how it goes, ya know?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Th3Bill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

clockworkninja
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokersax11 View Post
Anyone interested in helping with translations so more than just the disclaimer is translated

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
I can help with PT_BR.

Always_Jonezen
Old
(Last edited by Always_Jonezen; 27th April 2012 at 03:48 AM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:

I know right...I had the software to root mine before I bought it and it was rooted as soon as i got home right after the initial boot...lol
Hit the Thanks button if I have helped Always_Jonezen

stl-soldier
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Hey Bill, do you know of any conflicts using alt libs, tweaked build.prop, or bravia mod with MIUI?