Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [ROM]SKY ICS UCLD2--- 4.2d-8 (4/23/12)

OP wizdum69

26th April 2012, 12:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag boynton beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
More
greetings!

looking to add some features to this wonderful ROM
[ROM]SKY ICS UCLD2--- 4.2d-8 (4/23/12)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1602216

1.) how do i install the Battery Glowing Crysis onto this rom (love the look of that battery mod)
( i tried this url http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1282193 - but i am prompted for credentials upon attempting to download - also, i tried to install this mod from a different url, and was stuck into a boot lock, and had to revert from a backup - so i suppose im looking for a true, and tested way to get this battery mod, to function on the ROM listed above.

2.) on the dialer page, how do i get the quick launch at the top to show "contacts" instead of hitting the soft keys at the bottom?

as always, thanks in advance!!

======

Phone: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
ROM: SKY ICS UCLD2--- 4.2d-8 (4/23/12)
Modem: UCLD2 (LATEST LEAK)
Addons:
Crysis Signals
Call Recording (Black and blue Dialer/Contacts)

-----
side note:
this addon comes with a disclaimer...

Xloud On (Breaks Power Amp but adds atleast 4-6DB )

(what is "power amp" and what does it being broken signify? as in, to what extent does this cause other features, items to not function... as i've not yet installed this Addon- i could use the extra DB but not sure what "breaks the power amp" means)
======
Last edited by wizdum69; 26th April 2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: additional information
26th April 2012, 12:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 615

1,463 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizdum69

greetings!

looking to add some features to this wonderful ROM
[ROM]SKY ICS UCLD2--- 4.2d-8 (4/23/12)

1.) how do i install the Battery Glowing Crysis onto this rom (love the look of that battery mod)
( i tried this url http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1282193 - but i am prompted for credentials upon attempting to download - also, i tried to install this mod from a different url, and was stuck into a boot look, and had to revert from a backup - so i suppose im looking for a true, and tested way to get this battery mod, to function on the ROM listed above.

2.) on the dialer page, how do i get the quick launch at the top to show "contacts" instead of hitting the soft keys at the bottom?

as always, thanks in advance!!

2.) You don't. ICS removed that feature. I've seen some people say that they are working on modding it back in, but I have yet to see any success. Although, I could be mistaken... which would actually be great haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA
Last edited by plwalsh88; 26th April 2012 at 03:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to plwalsh88 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 01:10 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2,195

6,306 posts
Donate to Me
More
Poweramp is a music player that can be bought from the play store. That's all, it's not a super secret system type thing. It's a nice music player a lot of people use, so Sean made a way for it to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
26th April 2012, 06:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag Rochelle Park, NJ
Thanks Meter: 24

122 posts
More
I thought xloud was removed due to being useless? I see that it's back (optionally). Is it worth breaking poweramp to use xloud? Cui bono?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
26th April 2012, 06:14 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2,195

6,306 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou33

I thought xloud was removed due to being useless? I see that it's back (optionally). Is it worth breaking poweramp to use xloud? Cui bono?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Not for me, I <3 poweramp
26th April 2012, 09:03 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

61 posts
help for old timer
OK guys. I'm old and can't keep up with all the updates and add -ins. I'm currently running Nexus mod but have been trying to follow sky ics because it does sound nice. Just wondering what opinions are? Is sky ics as good and stable as it sounds?
27th April 2012, 12:21 AM   |  #7  
Flag Jacksonville, Fl
Thanks Meter: 575

690 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757

OK guys. I'm old and can't keep up with all the updates and add -ins. I'm currently running Nexus mod but have been trying to follow sky ics because it does sound nice. Just wondering what opinions are? Is sky ics as good and stable as it sounds?

Better than it sounds. I've never had a problem with either sky's, if anything is unstable for a couple users Sean will throw it in an update. IMO its the best out there, but its all in what your looking for.

Samsung Skyrocket i727
Sky ICS 4.2d-current
UCLD2 modem
1st May 2012, 03:07 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
I am currently on the version 9 update and must say that I'm loving it. My only problem so far is I cannot get voice dial to work, but it didn't work under stock either so I'm not blaming the rom (I think its my headset)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread