XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Weak Wifi Signal

Tip us?

Masor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wph View Post
And did you update your first One X? (or do you know which version that one runned on?)

(because like I stated in one of my previous posts, I don't recall any problems on the first firmware, which was 1.26, but I used it only a few days with 1.26. Now I'm on 1.28.)
I updated yeah, i believe there was an update on Friday or so, unfortunately i didnt take note of what version it updated to

This phone is o2 branded by the looks of it, its not what my original phone was it was unbranded completly, i may take this one back aswell, tho not sure if its worth it as at least the wifi works. O2 wont release the update as early as the unbranded presumably.

Suppose i could just custom rom this and get rid of the o2 stuff

wph
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masor View Post
I updated yeah, i believe there was an update on Friday or so, unfortunately i didnt take note of what version it updated to

This phone is o2 branded by the looks of it, its not what my original phone was it was unbranded completly, i may take this one back aswell, tho not sure if its worth it as at least the wifi works. O2 wont release the update as early as the unbranded presumably.

Suppose i could just custom rom this and get rid of the o2 stuff
Would you be so kind to look up what radio version you are running now?

With my old Desire I would just flash a different radio myself, but that's not possible without S-Off.

Masor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Would you be so kind to look up what radio version you are running now?

With my old Desire I would just flash a different radio myself, but that's not possible without S-Off.
Yep no bother it is:

Baseband Version:

Build Number:

Hope that helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Masor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

josumart
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have the same issue with the wifi signal. I tried to install the 1.28 european ruu and some custom roms, but did not work. Do you think that it is a hardware or a software issue?

Masor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by josumart View Post
I have the same issue with the wifi signal. I tried to install the 1.28 european ruu and some custom roms, but did not work. Do you think that it is a hardware or a software issue?
I think its possibly firmware, like wph says in his posts, I'm sure before the phone had latest firmware there wasn't a problem.

Is it possible to flash the older Rom and firmware?

wph
Old
Thanks Meter 113
No that's the problem. Flashing an older RUU will not work, since the bootloader has changed and doesn't allow an older bootloader to be flashed. Unlocking the bootloader doesn't help since it doesn't give S-Off and therefore it's impossible to flash a different radio/baseband.

josumart
Old
Thanks Meter 4
So will have to wait to the S-off to flash a new radio and hope that could solve the problem?

wph
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Like I stated above, if I recall correct, the problem wasn't there with the old radio. But I only used it a few days before the update came. If it's just the radio, maybe HTC will fix it with a new update, so it could be with the next OTA update. If the next update doesn't contain a new radio, then the wait will be longer. If the radio from 1.26 was really better, it would be nice to know that for sure. That means I don't have to send my phone back. And there S-Off would be handy, then I could test my premise. If the radio isn't the problem, but it's hardware, then waiting is pointless and we just have bad luck with our devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to wph For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

josumart
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I mailed the seller yesterday concerning this problem, and they are going to change my device. I will send it today, hoping to get it back asap.

Masor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Like I stated above, if I recall correct, the problem wasn't there with the old radio. But I only used it a few days before the update came. If it's just the radio, maybe HTC will fix it with a new update, so it could be with the next OTA update. If the next update doesn't contain a new radio, then the wait will be longer. If the radio from 1.26 was really better, it would be nice to know that for sure. That means I don't have to send my phone back. And there S-Off would be handy, then I could test my premise. If the radio isn't the problem, but it's hardware, then waiting is pointless and we just have bad luck with our devices.
Hopefully just be the radio, mine is definately sorted with the new phone, but im still on 1.26. If O2 release the firmware for 1.28 soon i will know. Sticking to 1.26 for the time being while its working