Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

Will this ever be possible?

OP sinister1

23rd April 2012, 12:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 109

1,052 posts
Donate to Me
More
We are now near the Tango release and Windows 7 hasn't changed that much at all; it is still very limited as far as customization or generic functions compared with it predecessor. With that said has anyone gotten any closer to creating the ability to create a custom start screen wallpaper? Or will this ever happen at all?

23rd April 2012, 08:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag La Jarne (17)
Thanks Meter: 9

32 posts
More
I don't like transparency and the glossy IE icon...
23rd April 2012, 01:54 PM   |  #3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 22

226 posts
More
I don't like it too. Or maybe I have grown accustomed to the black background. Choice is good though.
Anyway, MSFT has announced that there won't be custom wallpapers in Windows 8, while it is in metro mode.
I guess it will be the same for Windows Phone.
24th April 2012, 12:31 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 109

1,052 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well that's just disapointing; at this rate I don't see WP going any where but down hill with it's you can't do this or that restrictions.
25th April 2012, 11:19 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 627

1,598 posts
Donate to Me
More
1 out of 4 posters are happy with black background and WP will go downhill? :|

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
The Following User Says Thank You to drupad2drupad For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 11:36 PM   |  #6  
Flag Živinice
Thanks Meter: 46

318 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister1

Well that's just disapointing; at this rate I don't see WP going any where but down hill with it's you can't do this or that restrictions.

Metro style is that what you will se of MSFT over the next years, because it is an eyecatcher, look at other operators that "steal" this style that msft make popular. if they stick with if long enough they will gain succes! all the fancy stuff that was from 1990 till 2010 was just personification that was "not necessary". and plus it needed more resource to work. all the little things like shadows under icons, gloss, metallic, transparent tiles, transparent icons, aero style, everything is just the past. Metro just lives on. and give it a chance, iOS had this chance with it blueish iOS on phones, and android had it chance with colorful styling, just give metro a chance and it will win, because it is NEW, FRESH, LIGHT, UNSTRESSED, FAST, MODERN and many more things. if anybody dont believe in msft with they metro style i suggest, sell your pc, buy a mac, or google device, sell your wp7 or in the future wp8. and uninstall windows 8, delete it, and move on like you wish to do

but believe me, ipad user would pay to get windows 8 on an ipad! dont be silly like them to want some other style that is not the style of your device! if you want another style, just switch...

and for the ones that want a change on windows 8, it is still the windows that you can modify like in the past. and the background picture is also only a picture on windows 8, and everything can be changed. everything that man can make, man can it change or destroy
26th April 2012, 05:36 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 148

952 posts
Those transparent tiles and gloss with the cluttered background is painful to look at.

Give me simple, clean, clear metro any day over that garbage.
26th April 2012, 04:22 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I highly doubt that anything like that will happen. What makes WP7 standout is the black background with the colored tiles. The photo you provided looks alot like Android, and that is terrible :P

The power of Metro is the simplicity
26th April 2012, 11:23 PM   |  #9  
Flag Setúbal
Thanks Meter: 144

582 posts
I'm on Android but I already try Launcher 7 to have a taste of what is WP7. And I agree with above, in your picture I personnally see more the background than the tiles and it not the aim, I think, of Metro UI (btw the transparency of your picture give me headache, no offense ).

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium
28th April 2012, 02:08 AM   |  #10  
Flag NanChang
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
I think it's great,except the IE icon..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread