Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will this ever be possible?

Tip us?

sinister1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Default Will this ever be possible?

We are now near the Tango release and Windows 7 hasn't changed that much at all; it is still very limited as far as customization or generic functions compared with it predecessor. With that said has anyone gotten any closer to creating the ability to create a custom start screen wallpaper? Or will this ever happen at all?

dada051
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I don't like transparency and the glossy IE icon...

chaitanya91845
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I don't like it too. Or maybe I have grown accustomed to the black background. Choice is good though.
Anyway, MSFT has announced that there won't be custom wallpapers in Windows 8, while it is in metro mode.
I guess it will be the same for Windows Phone.
Twitter: @Cri5_09
Email: cbangera@sevenplusandroid.org

sinister1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Well that's just disapointing; at this rate I don't see WP going any where but down hill with it's you can't do this or that restrictions.

drupad2drupad
Old
Thanks Meter 627

DONATE TO ME
1 out of 4 posters are happy with black background and WP will go downhill? :|

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
The Following User Says Thank You to drupad2drupad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dinchy87
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister1 View Post
Well that's just disapointing; at this rate I don't see WP going any where but down hill with it's you can't do this or that restrictions.
Metro style is that what you will se of MSFT over the next years, because it is an eyecatcher, look at other operators that "steal" this style that msft make popular. if they stick with if long enough they will gain succes! all the fancy stuff that was from 1990 till 2010 was just personification that was "not necessary". and plus it needed more resource to work. all the little things like shadows under icons, gloss, metallic, transparent tiles, transparent icons, aero style, everything is just the past. Metro just lives on. and give it a chance, iOS had this chance with it blueish iOS on phones, and android had it chance with colorful styling, just give metro a chance and it will win, because it is NEW, FRESH, LIGHT, UNSTRESSED, FAST, MODERN and many more things. if anybody dont believe in msft with they metro style i suggest, sell your pc, buy a mac, or google device, sell your wp7 or in the future wp8. and uninstall windows 8, delete it, and move on like you wish to do

but believe me, ipad user would pay to get windows 8 on an ipad! dont be silly like them to want some other style that is not the style of your device! if you want another style, just switch...

and for the ones that want a change on windows 8, it is still the windows that you can modify like in the past. and the background picture is also only a picture on windows 8, and everything can be changed. everything that man can make, man can it change or destroy

bobzero
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Those transparent tiles and gloss with the cluttered background is painful to look at.

Give me simple, clean, clear metro any day over that garbage.

MrCornholio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I highly doubt that anything like that will happen. What makes WP7 standout is the black background with the colored tiles. The photo you provided looks alot like Android, and that is terrible :P

The power of Metro is the simplicity

Sobralobo
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
I'm on Android but I already try Launcher 7 to have a taste of what is WP7. And I agree with above, in your picture I personnally see more the background than the tiles and it not the aim, I think, of Metro UI (btw the transparency of your picture give me headache, no offense ).

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium
Sobralobo - Always trying to help

Do not forget : search for your answer before posting. Clean thread means a better clarity.

penite
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think it's great,except the IE icon..