Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,622 Members 44,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] OaT's Light n Tasty: DISCONTINUED

Tip us?

BelfastLad
Old
(Last edited by BelfastLad; 25th April 2012 at 12:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
OaT

Haven't tried your A and B builds yet as the previous version is now running so well for me. I will definitely update should you get to a Cornerstone public release though.

If you need any more beta testers for Cornerstone, I'm happy to get involved. As a fairly "noob" user, if it can be broken, I may be just the guy to try and break it - LOL!

One question (which may illustrate what I mean) Is there any way to get the bottom button bar to autohide. I found a checkbox under the settings to autohide when running full screen apps but it seems to make no difference. When I start Asphalt 6 (legit paid for "Play Store" dl) the home/back buttons just refuse to go away and the only app which it seems to partially work with is the Aldiko eReader where the buttons are visible when I open it but if I tap to pull up the reader options and then return to normal reading mode, the bar will disappear.

Not trying to hijack the thread - If I'm being stupid just call me stupid - I can take the shame!!

Thanks again for this ROM. It still makes me smile when I use the tablet and every time I whip out my Touchpad in public (no smutty innuendo intended) the iPad and ChiPad brigades crowd around to see and generally slink away admitting that "No, their tablet can't quite do all that".

mike-y
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Also been running Version A for a few days now. Have to say this is my new favorite ICS rom. Only thing I've noticed is that Go Launcher cuts off some text for apps in the app drawer in protrait mode. Haven't seen where I can adjust the text size in go launcher yet.

Otherwise, the ROM itself has been stable, and wifi has been working great for me.

O.a.T.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelfastLad View Post
OaT

One question (which may illustrate what I mean) Is there any way to get the bottom button bar to autohide. I found a checkbox under the settings to autohide when running full screen apps but it seems to make no difference. When I start Asphalt 6 (legit paid for "Play Store" dl) the home/back buttons just refuse to go away and the only app which it seems to partially work with is the Aldiko eReader where the buttons are visible when I open it but if I tap to pull up the reader options and then return to normal reading mode, the bar will disappear.
Re autohide: I also haven't found that to work very well. In my case FBReader with it's own capability is the only app which really seems to work properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
Also been running Version A for a few days now. Have to say this is my new favorite ICS rom. Only thing I've noticed is that Go Launcher cuts off some text for apps in the app drawer in protrait mode. Haven't seen where I can adjust the text size in go launcher yet.

Otherwise, the ROM itself has been stable, and wifi has been working great for me.
Yup! I believe it has to do with the resolution/aspect ratio of our screens as Go Launcher HD on my wife's A500 works fine. I've reported this to the Go folks, so guess we'll just have to wait for them address it.
The Following User Says Thank You to O.a.T. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

O.a.T.
Old
(Last edited by O.a.T.; 25th April 2012 at 11:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1851
OaT's LNT GApps updated on OP. I'd recommend 1) wipe cache, 2) wipe dalvik, 3) flash the zip.
Also, GMail is now available in the market and as such has been removed from the standard GApps. So, I am removing it from the OP.

As an aside, I've moved to the latest version of TWRP for recovery, and although I'm still getting used to it, I very much like it's touch interface as well as the additional features it supports. Also, although I haven't tried it, CWM backups are reported to work with TWRP after moving them to the appropriate directory under TWRP. Finally, as a fallback, I created a flashable zip to take me back to CWM recovery, but have not used it so it is untested. If anyone needs that, LMK.
The Following User Says Thank You to O.a.T. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dung8604
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
OaT's LNT GApps updated on OP. I'd recommend 1) wipe cache, 2) wipe dalvik, 3) flash the zip.
Also, GMail is now available in the market and as such has been removed from the standard GApps. So, I am removing it from the OP.

As an aside, I've moved to the latest version of TWRP for recovery, and although I'm still getting used to it, I very much like it's touch interface as well as the additional features it supports. Also, although I haven't tried it, CWM backups are reported to work with TWRP after moving them to the appropriate directory under TWRP. Finally, as a fallback, I created a flashable zip to take me back to CWM recovery, but have not used it so it is untested. If anyone needs that, LMK.
Flash TWRP through goomanager app?

O.a.T.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by dung8604 View Post
Flash TWRP through goomanager app?
I went the CWM flashable zip route.

somanshmittal
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Hi oat! I must say that your rom is simply amazing. However, there is one problem. I dont know if its just me or if others r facing this as well-when i move apps from tb memory to sd card using app 2 sd pro, the sd card storage unmounts n i lose all my apps. This prticuarly happens when im almost done moving most of the apps and this problem is i think inherent from cm9 since i had the exact same fault i that as well. Os there a workaround this? Or any solution? Any help regrding this would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

O.a.T.
Old
(Last edited by O.a.T.; 26th April 2012 at 06:10 PM.) Reason: Update
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by somanshmittal View Post
Hi oat! I must say that your rom is simply amazing. However, there is one problem. I dont know if its just me or if others r facing this as well-when i move apps from tb memory to sd card using app 2 sd pro, the sd card storage unmounts n i lose all my apps. This prticuarly happens when im almost done moving most of the apps and this problem is i think inherent from cm9 since i had the exact same fault i that as well. Os there a workaround this? Or any solution? Any help regrding this would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

'Fraid the only thing I know about this is that there is a method to double (or more?) the size of your internal storage partition. Believe I saw it somewhere on a Rootzwiki discussion, but I didn't pay much attention to it as I was nowhere close to the limit of what I think is ~2gb. I'll take a look and see if I can find, and if so post a link here, but you're searches may be more effective than mine.

Got lucky on my search. Below is the link. Although it was written for CM7, the initial reference I found was in CM9 with comments that this works there as well. Still, you should check more thoroughly than I did. Hope this helps.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/13277-cm7...sdcard-issues/

O.a.T.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1851
News section in OP updated.

LinuxNewb
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
News section in OP updated.
The cornerstone project has been pretty quiet. I would suggest visiting their google group page to see if there's been any chatter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA
------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S1
Samsung Galaxy S2 SkyRocket
**Samsung Galaxy S4**
------------------------------------------------------

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe