Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,054 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Juopunutbear S-OFF (HBOOT 1.27.0000 with 3.32 ICS Firmware)

Tip us?

quickmix
Old
(Last edited by quickmix; 24th April 2012 at 10:52 PM.) Reason: addd more information
Thanks Meter 0
Default problem with drivers ?

Hi!

Using the rooted stock rom from this thread, htcdev unlocked. superuser installed. Also have adb/fastboot working ( can see the device from adb devices / fastboot devices ). Installed drivers and uninstalled htcsync but I get this error
======== ControlBear version 0.2.2 for JuopunutBear S-OFF ==========
Starting up......
Connecting to device...
Found backups!
Using eMMC dev /dev/block/mmcblk0
Using MMC dev /dev/block/mmcblk1
Boot partition is /dev/block/mmcblk0p20
Recovery partition is /dev/block/mmcblk0p21
Is information correct? You have 5 seconds time to press CTRL+C
Finding some beer.....
Found first....
Found second....
Found third....
Hmmmm... where is that last one....... Wait a sec....
Found fourth....
Rebooting.......
=== Waiting device....
(45/45)
Hmmm, still no device
Open device manager and check adb and/or fastboot drivers!!
Resetting connection....1........2....

Can't figure out where the problem might be. HTC Sensation restarts and juopunutbear logo stays on. Can use the backups to restore the previous state but it wont s-off.

Tried 2 different computers as well with same sensation and the same error occured.

saadarzoo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Smile Awesome Guide !

Finally did s-off on my friends xe . Took some time but it was totally worth it .. Awesome guide ...

SRSR333
Old
(Last edited by SRSR333; 25th April 2012 at 09:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by auggie2k View Post
The ROM I have in my guide to flash in Recover is a stock version of HTC ICS, 3.32.

Download that file and in the root, there is a boot.img - this needs to be flashed in Fastboot mode (the screen where you view your S-OFF status, also known as the Bootlaoder).

To get there, connect your phone to your computer and using ADB, type the commands:

After this, your Wi-Fi issues will be resolved.
Thanks. I did try that... but it didn't work. A friend of mine recommended I clear the cache, backup APPS ONLY and then factory reset, then flash this ROM. Would this help? I don't really want to bring it to the HTC Service Centre. They may end up asking awkward questions (my phone's still under warranty).

Secondly, I re-read the link you provided... and, correct me if I'm wrong, whatever I did, I replaced the stock kernel modules in the /system/lib/modules, and now there's a WiFi error because I couldn't change the stock HTC kernel as well, so the stcok kernel is mismatched with the kernel modules that got installed in the folder. So how?

And, if there's a way to undo this JuopunutBear Hboot mod, I'm welcome to hear it. As this user rightly said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinky1 View Post
Newebies that are unsure of using a fastboot shouldn't even try to run Bear. Users at that level don't need s-off, official unlock is good enough to flash custom rom.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
So if I can restore my phone to the HTC Unlock-only, S-ON state, with little evidence that I actually tried this, then, I'd really appreciate it. I actually only attempted this because I wanted to UNDERclock my processor and allow playing of old-style Java mobile phone games
I have a Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e, pyramid htc_asia_wwe.

auggie2k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRSR333 View Post
Thanks. I did try that... but it didn't work. A friend of mine recommended I clear the cache, backup APPS ONLY and then factory reset, then flash this ROM. Would this help? I don't really want to bring it to the HTC Service Centre. They may end up asking awkward questions (my phone's still under warranty).
That's the stock boot.img you should flash in order to fix the Wi-Fi error. If for instance you flash a different ROM (such as LeeDroid or ADHD), you should flash the boot.img from that ROM in Fastboot.

If you follow the guide and start fresh (which I recommend going to any new ROM) by using SuperWipe, then flashing the new ROM followed by flashing the boot.img in Fastboot, all should be well.

Alternatively, take the boot.img from the zip of the ROM you are using and flash it in Fastboot. All the information on it is in the link I posted.

I also recommend flashing the unlocked firmware for your version, please see this thread - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1459767 - Version 3.32 should be your Firmware so you just need to associate your download to your CID (or any will do if you changed your CID to 11111111).

末末末末末末末末
The Following User Says Thank You to auggie2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

undercover
Old
Thanks Meter 4258
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRSR333 View Post

Secondly, I re-read the link you provided... and, correct me if I'm wrong, whatever I did, I replaced the stock kernel modules in the /system/lib/modules, and now there's a WiFi error because I couldn't change the stock HTC kernel as well, so the stcok kernel is mismatched with the kernel modules that got installed in the folder. So how?

And, if there's a way to undo this JuopunutBear Hboot mod, I'm welcome to hear it. As this user rightly said,

So if I can restore my phone to the HTC Unlock-only, S-ON state, with little evidence that I actually tried this, then, I'd really appreciate it. I actually only attempted this because I wanted to UNDERclock my processor and allow playing of old-style Java mobile phone games
I have a Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e, pyramid htc_asia_wwe.
Pop in to IRC (click link in my signature) and we'll try to help you.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

FnH84
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Gave it one more shot today and it worked S-off!

d_matt20
Old
Thanks Meter 8
hey where can i get superuser and/or an unsecured boot image from thanks
DEVICE: HTC Sensation on T-Mobile
Rom: blue_sense4 Android 4.0.3(latest)

joaquinf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2297
Great guide, well done. I'll link it in my guide [GUIDE][APR.16.12] How to flash ICS 3.32 firmware | flash/update ARHD 6.6.x ICS ROM.

Keep up the good work
Phone: HTC ONE
ROM: Latest IC - SixthSense
Kernel: Latest ElementalX

Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 - 32 Gb
ROM: Stock google factory image
Add me to your circles on Google+

Kernel: Stock
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joaquinf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jacko_oafc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks!!! Just done this took me about 30min in total to get it, i think a key thing is, is to have sound on when you are doing it so you can heard the windows sounds when you connect something then you know you have to time it with that.

Thanks!!! S=OFF

purebeatz
Old
(Last edited by purebeatz; 27th April 2012 at 06:14 PM.) Reason: wrong thread
Thanks Meter 1
This was trash... sorry ;)