[Q] couple of questions.

OP UndisputedGuy

24th April 2012, 04:55 PM   |  #31  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 209

8,258 posts
Thanks for all your help. Really have helped me (everyone)and I aim to look at that review as well. Thanks

Sent from my R800i using XDA
24th April 2012, 07:21 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
More
Essentially you need to understand the difference between ANY tablet and a laptop. I think a lot of people just assume the Transformer is a laptop/desktop replacement because it has a keyboard dock, the dock just makes it easier to type and adds some nice shortcuts. It's like a netbook in that respect.

In the Primes defence and the reasons I bought it, it has an HDMI out, a USB port and it's ridiculously fast, with a battery that lasts around 15 hours of heavy use (I've done this, so I can speak for it's claims).

Also, using Dolphin browser, I can play flash video and watch it full screen in HD on my television using the HDMI out. So, for those of us with subscriptions to services like MLB.TV etc, we can run games in HD through our TV.

I can also hook an external hard drive up to it and do the same thing, playing HD videos and not taking up precious internal hard drive space.

So for me it's a portable media device (Audio/Video/eBooks/Games/Magazine reader) that also doubles up as a VERY capable netbook. If you add to this the ability to unlock and root the device, squeezing even more performance out of the tiny thing, it's a winner.

One more thing, I have a Galaxy S2 phone which can act as a portable wifi hotspot which the Prime can use, and it's surprisingly quick for browsing the internet with when I'm nowhere near a wifi hotspot/home/freinds house. This means I only have one sim card and more importantly, only ONE BILL to worry about paying.

So for me, it's just about as perfect a little thing as I need. And it's not an Ipad.

Hope this helps.
24th April 2012, 11:33 PM   |  #33  
OP Senior Member

8,258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pileot

When i explained it to customers this is what i said:

Tablets are great for people who already have a computer but want something ultra mobile with a lot of capability. browsing the internet, talking on MSN, hell even sending text messages through your cell phone, you can do with a tablet. Tablets are NOT good for heavy web browsing (if you like lots of tabs or browse hundreds of sites in an hour) nor are they good for process intensive things (video editing, photoshop, etc.) tho they do have some apps for that if you cant get to your PC. Printing from android is also a bit tricky.

I use my prime and laptop together, my laptop when i want to do a lot of stuff fast and my prime when im just stubling on the internet or checking my email, basic stuff. The prime will also be coming with me to school in may since battery life is a lot better and the weight is a lot less.

how YOU use your prime is up to you, if you put full linux on it, or whatever, is your option. Only you can decide if its going to work for you. My suggestion is buy one, use it for a week and a half, and then return it if you dont like it (most vendors have a 2 week return period). Make sure to double check, just tell the sales person "If its a gift and the person doesnt want it how long do they have to return it"

Good luck!

If that is what tablets are good for, then wouldn't my xperia play be sufficient as I can do most things on my play?
As you might see, I'm kinda trying to reason with myself as to why I should buy it

24th April 2012, 11:36 PM   |  #34  
OP Senior Member

8,258 posts
I've read Some reviews of the 300 which I think I'm looking at more now as it seems similar to the prime but cheaper but I would want to see them side by side I think. I don't want a slower browser or lag but reading the review says it's a watered Down version which is what I wouldn't like it to be. Some reviews do offer quite different opinions though.
26th April 2012, 08:27 AM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member

8,258 posts
Also, does the 300 have a micro sd card slot?

26th April 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #36  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 368

1,663 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaUndisputed

Also, does the 300 have a micro sd card slot?

Lol google it. Your guess is as good as mine

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to nhshah7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #37  
OP Senior Member

8,258 posts
Quote:

If that is what tablets are good for, then wouldn't my xperia play be sufficient as I can do most things on my play?
As you might see, I'm kinda trying to reason with myself as to why I should buy it

???

26th April 2012, 11:28 PM   |  #38  
OP Senior Member

8,258 posts
Inclined to buying the 300 now but it's not released in the UK as of yet and also will be quite expensive when it does hit. Anyone know if there are differences between the American and UK versions of the transformers?

27th April 2012, 04:23 AM   |  #39  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 368

1,663 posts
More
Quote:

Inclined to buying the 300 now but it's not released in the UK as of yet and also will be quite expensive when it does hit. Anyone know if there are differences between the American and UK versions of the transformers?

don't think so...maybe the charger? You could probably buy it from the US and have it shipped over for an extra 15 bucks or something. getting the dock too?

glad you've decided to bite the bullet and get a transformer

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to nhshah7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 08:36 AM   |  #40  
OP Senior Member

8,258 posts
The tablet seems cheaper in US and is already available in the US but I don't want to get something wrong by buying a US version.
Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread