Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Anyone have update.zip for COM_GEN1

OP masands

26th April 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masands

You guys keep posting the WW_GEN1 files. We are specifically looking for COM_GEN1 files.

What's the difference? I'm in the USA and just got the WW_GEN1 last night. Installed it from SD card and everything is working fantastic.

Thanks,

X
26th April 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #12  
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 53

665 posts
More
The difference is the WW is a leaked version that does not have the full implementation of what Acer is releasing as far as I know anyway. Either way people want the real OTA I am guessing so they can test root and what not.
26th April 2012, 06:01 PM   |  #13  
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 153

964 posts
More
Because the ww version is missing features and has a few bugs!!

sent from my Acer iconia a500, I pad killer
26th April 2012, 07:19 PM   |  #14  

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisme

Because the ww version is missing features and has a few bugs!!

sent from my Acer iconia a500, I pad killer

I believe you are MISTAKEN. On this thread, on the first post at the top of the page, a guy lists his rom version after completing the OTA update and it shows a WW version. This was the OTA update from like yesterday or the day before! Can't be a leaked version. Maybe WW stands for worldwide?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...315683&page=20

EDIT: You are definitely wrong. There are many people who posted screens of the settings screen AFTER they did the OTA update and they are all showing the WW GEN 1 image.
Last edited by xphyle1971; 26th April 2012 at 07:22 PM.
27th April 2012, 12:00 AM   |  #15  
Flag LONDON

964 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xphyle1971

I believe you are MISTAKEN. On this thread, on the first post at the top of the page, a guy lists his rom version after completing the OTA update and it shows a WW version. This was the OTA update from like yesterday or the day before! Can't be a leaked version. Maybe WW stands for worldwide?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...315683&page=20

EDIT: You are definitely wrong. There are many people who posted screens of the settings screen AFTER they did the OTA update and they are all showing the WW GEN 1 image.

ah you sir are correct, however can somebody please just tell me in a plain simple answer,
"is that ww_gen1 THE UPDATE THAT IS BEING PUSHED right now and is it exactly the same as the ota?"
27th April 2012, 12:16 AM   |  #16  

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisme

ah you sir are correct, however can somebody please just tell me in a plain simple answer,
"is that ww_gen1 THE UPDATE THAT IS BEING PUSHED right now and is it exactly the same as the ota?"

Within that thread I posted is the update file that someone posted after receiving the OTA update. So that file IS the OTA update. And that's the one I'm using with no issues. Not sure if that helps.
27th April 2012, 12:26 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 57

1,068 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xphyle1971

Within that thread I posted is the update file that someone posted after receiving the OTA update. So that file IS the OTA update. And that's the one I'm using with no issues. Not sure if that helps.

i havent been able to find a link to the ota release all i find is the one leaked back in march
27th April 2012, 12:29 AM   |  #18  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 197

1,533 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticustrd

i havent been able to find a link to the ota release all i find is the one leaked back in march

I think he means the russian website. It says that it was uploaded yesterday...
27th April 2012, 12:46 AM   |  #19  
Flag LONDON

964 posts
More
mmmmmmm
Last edited by chismay; 27th April 2012 at 01:22 AM.
27th April 2012, 01:35 AM   |  #20  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 197

1,533 posts
More
Just cancel that download, refresh and try again. It'll let you download the file.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

When I try to install this (via volume down+power button), I see the android with gears for a moment, then an android with an exclamation mark on his stomach, Por que?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i want my ice cream
Previous Thread Next Thread