Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Anyone have update.zip for COM_GEN1

OP masands

26th April 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by masands

You guys keep posting the WW_GEN1 files. We are specifically looking for COM_GEN1 files.

What's the difference? I'm in the USA and just got the WW_GEN1 last night. Installed it from SD card and everything is working fantastic.

Thanks,

X
26th April 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #12  
Senior Member
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 53
 
671 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
The difference is the WW is a leaked version that does not have the full implementation of what Acer is releasing as far as I know anyway. Either way people want the real OTA I am guessing so they can test root and what not.
26th April 2012, 06:01 PM   |  #13  
chismay's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 153
 
964 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Because the ww version is missing features and has a few bugs!!

sent from my Acer iconia a500, I pad killer
26th April 2012, 07:19 PM   |  #14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisme

Because the ww version is missing features and has a few bugs!!

sent from my Acer iconia a500, I pad killer

I believe you are MISTAKEN. On this thread, on the first post at the top of the page, a guy lists his rom version after completing the OTA update and it shows a WW version. This was the OTA update from like yesterday or the day before! Can't be a leaked version. Maybe WW stands for worldwide?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...315683&page=20

EDIT: You are definitely wrong. There are many people who posted screens of the settings screen AFTER they did the OTA update and they are all showing the WW GEN 1 image.
Last edited by xphyle1971; 26th April 2012 at 07:22 PM.
27th April 2012, 12:00 AM   |  #15  
chismay's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 153
 
964 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xphyle1971

I believe you are MISTAKEN. On this thread, on the first post at the top of the page, a guy lists his rom version after completing the OTA update and it shows a WW version. This was the OTA update from like yesterday or the day before! Can't be a leaked version. Maybe WW stands for worldwide?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...315683&page=20

EDIT: You are definitely wrong. There are many people who posted screens of the settings screen AFTER they did the OTA update and they are all showing the WW GEN 1 image.

ah you sir are correct, however can somebody please just tell me in a plain simple answer,
"is that ww_gen1 THE UPDATE THAT IS BEING PUSHED right now and is it exactly the same as the ota?"
27th April 2012, 12:16 AM   |  #16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisme

ah you sir are correct, however can somebody please just tell me in a plain simple answer,
"is that ww_gen1 THE UPDATE THAT IS BEING PUSHED right now and is it exactly the same as the ota?"

Within that thread I posted is the update file that someone posted after receiving the OTA update. So that file IS the OTA update. And that's the one I'm using with no issues. Not sure if that helps.
27th April 2012, 12:26 AM   |  #17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
1,073 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by xphyle1971

Within that thread I posted is the update file that someone posted after receiving the OTA update. So that file IS the OTA update. And that's the one I'm using with no issues. Not sure if that helps.

i havent been able to find a link to the ota release all i find is the one leaked back in march
27th April 2012, 12:29 AM   |  #18  
redthunda69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 197
 
1,534 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticustrd

i havent been able to find a link to the ota release all i find is the one leaked back in march

I think he means the russian website. It says that it was uploaded yesterday...
27th April 2012, 12:46 AM   |  #19  
chismay's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 153
 
964 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
mmmmmmm
Last edited by chismay; 27th April 2012 at 01:22 AM.
27th April 2012, 01:35 AM   |  #20  
redthunda69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 197
 
1,534 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Just cancel that download, refresh and try again. It'll let you download the file.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

When I try to install this (via volume down+power button), I see the android with gears for a moment, then an android with an exclamation mark on his stomach, Por que?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i want my ice cream
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes