Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,122 Members 40,923 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nokia n900 vs galaxy note(does note has those things i need)?

Tip us?

sudisk
Old
Thanks Meter 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders_gud View Post
Yay!!!
Just wait until we get a Tizen image to flash on to the Note ;)
If that day comes, I shall say Champagne!

A Galaxy Note with Tizen on it would be a dream! I would have tried Meego Harmattan too but I don't think it has been ported, even in a VM like Ubuntu.

straycat
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Hello to all the former TMO friends!

Ernesto de Bernardis
[from my Galaxy Note]
Hellooooooooo!

suomaf
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I know this is the galaxy note forum and I am a proud owner of a galaxy note, but if you partial to nokia stuff, and like all the apps that you have used on your n9000, why not consider this as a compromise.

http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-n9-ge...boot-22219618/
The Following User Says Thank You to suomaf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WereCatf
Old
Thanks Meter 206
^ The people hanging around here already have a phone and we would like to use the one we have. Besides, having to keep dual-booting back and forth is really not worth it; you'll have some stuff on one OS, other stuff on the other one, if you need to quickly access something that's on the other OS that's not currently running it'll take several minutes to reboot..

Of course one can install and run all kinds of Linux - software on the Note by installing it on a chroot partition, but that does still not give access to the more intricate details provided by Maemo/MeeGo nor does it give access to regular X applications.
Male hypocrisy: when guys suck it's a bad thing, but when girls do it it's suddenly an absolutely fantastic thing. Hm.

Zamboney
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by WereCatf View Post
^ The people hanging around here already have a phone and we would like to use the one we have. Besides, having to keep dual-booting back and forth is really not worth it; you'll have some stuff on one OS, other stuff on the other one, if you need to quickly access something that's on the other OS that's not currently running it'll take several minutes to reboot..

Of course one can install and run all kinds of Linux - software on the Note by installing it on a chroot partition, but that does still not give access to the more intricate details provided by Maemo/MeeGo nor does it give access to regular X applications.
What he said plus the n9 hardware is much worse so why downgrade?

Sent from my superior GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

pigeon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default N900 USB host cable?

Hi,

Since this is an N900 related thread, I'll just pile on.

Got a question with USB host cable. I have one that works with the N900, but then when I try it on the Note, it doesn't seem to work. No matter what I plug to it, nothing happens.

Does anyone know if their pinouts are the same or not? (I'm guessing not for now...)

Thanks!

Zamboney
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeon View Post
Hi,

Since this is an N900 related thread, I'll just pile on.

Got a question with USB host cable. I have one that works with the N900, but then when I try it on the Note, it doesn't seem to work. No matter what I plug to it, nothing happens.

Does anyone know if their pinouts are the same or not? (I'm guessing not for now...)

Thanks!
Well bro... Since the Note has a USB host this means that either a) your cable is wrong or b) your Note is broken. I'd try a Note specific cable first though before returning for warranty repairs as that costs like two bux.

Sent from my superior GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

AhmadOkda
Old
Thanks Meter 84
or drivers are not installed properly, did u try the mobile with its oem cable to make sure the drivers are working fine

MatanZ
Old
Thanks Meter 25
The Note has OTG, which means that it depends on the cable (shorting two pins in the micro USB connector) to set the mode (host or device). The N900 does not support OTG, relying on software to select the correct mode. Therefore, an OTG cable will work on both, but a cable which is not OTG, but merely micro USB male to USB A female will work on N900, but not on Note.

The Following User Says Thank You to MatanZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]