Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 51,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS 4.0.4][NTFS][3G] Megatron (CM9 based) [v1.1.6] (Cornerstone Available)

Tip us?

akyboy
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Not sure,.. but i think theme systems can cause more problems than goods.
At least happening with Atrix etc.

I personally wouldn't bother with themes.

Better to concentrate on stability updated and performance.

What kind of button , red, blue,.. this and that,... what wallpaper,.. blue, tree, this and that,.. who cares about that?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akyboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrruin
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by akyboy View Post

What kind of button , red, blue,.. this and that,... what wallpaper,.. blue, tree, this and that,.. who cares about that?
exactly, no need for themes
I2IEAILiiTY Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yea, last time I used a theme was when I used CM7 on my phone months ago, and that was cause ICS wasn't stable on my device yet but I liked the look of it.
That was the only time I bothered with themes.

But w/ mods like the AOKP settings, I use those all the time since they're there. I like having the 5 button nav bar and being able to longpress for even more shortcuts. Right now I have technically seven buttons on my nav bar on my phone

ricardopvz
Old
(Last edited by ricardopvz; 26th April 2012 at 11:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 763

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Yeah. Or the theme system is well done, or the rom may get slower.
I guess I'm going back to the first idea.
Adding your own icons like battery, wifi, etc and choose them in megatron parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I2IEAILiiTY View Post
But w/ mods like the AOKP settings, I use those all the time since they're there. I like having the 5 button nav bar and being able to longpress for even more shortcuts. Right now I have technically seven buttons on my nav bar on my phone
I don't know if that's a request, but i'll add it anyway
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ricardopvz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

philburkhardt
Old
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:

A LOT of people care about that. I for one am looking forward to a functioning theme engine. I used to use it all the time when I was running CM7 on my nook color. It's one of the things I miss the most in CM9.
Nexus 7 v2
ROM: CarbonROM Latest Nightly
Kernel: Glitch Kernel

Samsung Galaxy SIII I747
ROM: SlimBean Latest Weekly
Kernel: LeanKernel v8.3

Ouya
ROM: -=StockPlus=-
Kernel: Stock

Google Chromecast

ricardopvz
Old
(Last edited by ricardopvz; 26th April 2012 at 11:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 763

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by philburkhardt View Post
A LOT of people care about that. I for one am looking forward to a functioning theme engine. I used to use it all the time when I was running CM7 on my nook color. It's one of the things I miss the most in CM9.
I am making a theme system, it is working but i can only change images for now (except app icons). I think colors are the only thing missing in my theme system. But as I said before, the rom may get slower (the performance looks the same here), so I ask you, what are the things that you would like to customize? So I can make each of that things individually customizable (so you can mix different "themes" without making a new one)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ricardopvz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akyboy
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Is this going to be optional, i mean whole mixing/theming/ feature,... hope its not gonna affect performance nor anything else.

ricardopvz
Old
(Last edited by ricardopvz; 27th April 2012 at 12:08 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 763

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Is this going to be optional, i mean whole mixing/theming/ feature,... hope its not gonna affect performance nor anything else.
It's going to be like choosing the battery icon, but with more choices. So it doesn't affect performance, unless the theme system is global, then there may exist a minor performance decrease in opening apps(although I'm not noticing any right now). That's why I asked what thing users want to be customizable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ricardopvz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

philburkhardt
Old
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardopvz View Post
I am making a theme system, it is working but i can only change images for now (except app icons). I think colors are the only thing missing in my theme system. But as I said before, the rom may get slower (the performance looks the same here), so I ask you, what are the things that you would like to customize? So I can make each of that things individually customizable (so you can mix different "themes" without making a new one)
I personally like the overall system theme to match the buttons and icons. For instance if I had red nav buttons, I like the settings menu and the notification area to have red highlights.

I certainly isn't a deal breaker. The ROM rocks without it .

Quote:
Just don't use the options if you're afraid you're gonna take a performance hit. Having the option there isn't going to mess with anything until you use it.
Nexus 7 v2
ROM: CarbonROM Latest Nightly
Kernel: Glitch Kernel

Samsung Galaxy SIII I747
ROM: SlimBean Latest Weekly
Kernel: LeanKernel v8.3

Ouya
ROM: -=StockPlus=-
Kernel: Stock

Google Chromecast

dundada08
Old
Thanks Meter 4
does this ROM have the ASUS apps (e.g. Polaris Office)?