Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 43,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM7 Q&A

Tip us?

meganame
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviljonny1 View Post
I say list your questions. You are in the right place to ask questions, so ask away. Heck, I might have the same question but forgot to ask it myself.

Just make sure you have searched the forums thoroughly before posting a blatant repeat question. That will get a less than warm reception.
It's pretty basic stuff. I've found all the good stuff on how to update it safely. I just need to narrow it down to a build. Based on what I've read, a CM7 build will suit me...there are a lot of those, though...which one?

What I'm looking for:
Pure Android.
Will support my AT&T Atrix (obviously) 4G that I've unlocked and run on T-mobile pre-paid.
Fast.
Sturdy build.
Supports MMS, txt, calls, Google Apps, biometric...
I'd like to give ICS a try but choosing between that and reliability, I'll take reliability. It doesn't have to be 100% but it'll be my daily driver for work, etc...so I won't expect an ICS recommendation.

That's about it. I just want this AT&T & Motorola garbage GONE. Pure Android, if possible, please.

ufukcoskun
Old
Thanks Meter 28
On CM7 Nightly(20/04), light sensor does not react instantly.

I am setting backlight manually. Is there a solution for this problem?

meganame
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufukcoskun View Post
On CM7 Nightly(20/04), light sensor does not react instantly.

I am setting backlight manually. Is there a solution for this problem?
You mean the auto-dim function isn't working? Aside from that, since I don't use it anyway, are you having any other probs with it? I'm trying to choose a build.

ufukcoskun
Old
(Last edited by ufukcoskun; 26th April 2012 at 11:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganame View Post
You mean the auto-dim function isn't working? Aside from that, since I don't use it anyway, are you having any other probs with it? I'm trying to choose a build.
Auto-dim working but it doesnt responds instantly. Responds a little later. (For me)

The last nightly(20/04) is good. I dont have any problems (Except auto-dim)

balintmaci
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier-2Point0 View Post
You probably figured this out by now, but there is a setting within cyanogenmod menu that allows you to change this behavior
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarias View Post
Despite I was looking for it, I could not find that setting. Can you please let me know ? Thank you !
There is an option for this for wired headset, not bluetooth, and i have the same problem, ICS doesn't have it, it's either a cm7 or a GB thing.

i'm still curious if there's a solution

abdussamad
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default THD

i installed cm 7.2 rc2 today i don't get i am unable to download THD games from the market it says that the device is incompatible.

nogueirarh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Has anyone here experience problems regarding voice calls not connecting after flashing CM7? Please I need my phone back to life... =/

upndwn4par
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by octahedron View Post
I have a question that I'm still trying to get answered:

I'm trying to install the cm7 mod, but I have yet to unlock my bootloader. I'm currently running 2.3.6( 4.5.141) on my ATT Atrix and have not been able to find any clear instructions on how to do that. I tried using this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1182871

but it only goes up to the previous version. I've heard reports that it works, but I don't want to take any chances since I don't know what I'm doing really since this is my first time.

If the phone was recently purchased or repaired by Motorola, your problem may be described in the link below.

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-4g-even-more/

clod007
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 18,656
For those who are using CM7RC2 or the last nightly with N_01.100.00R and have a low battery life, a solution to this problem is by replacing N_01.100.00R with N_01.77.36P.
It worked perfectly for me.
Truly increased my battery's life.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

barry_
Old
(Last edited by barry_; 30th May 2012 at 05:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 70
anyone know if there's a problem with the cyanogen site? I've been trying to download RC3 since last night - it said downloading but nothing was downloaded. - and now the web page is down.

sorted