Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

[Q] how do i change the kernel splash screen?

OP thachosenone

25th April 2011, 07:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 219

1,346 posts
so i'm in the process of testing out the bali kernel by drhonk, came from categorically worthless....

i just wanna know how to change the kernel splash screen to further personalize my phone.

i understand that these kernel devs want to put their trademark image in there, but the kernel splash image for bali just doesn't match my overall theme....

i have seen the video about the lfs partition for captivates, but i dont wanna risk it since i have a vibrant running a vibrant based rom.(bionix v 1.3.1)

any ideas?
25th April 2011, 09:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 479

2,157 posts
More
You can change the "BIOS" splash image, aka the lfs partition, but you can't change the kernel splash as it's hard coded into the kernel.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
11th May 2011, 01:39 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bountiful
Thanks Meter: 347

1,927 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffcorey

You can change the "BIOS" splash image, aka the lfs partition, but you can't change the kernel splash as it's hard coded into the kernel.

That is incorrect, you CAN change the kernel boot screen, the OP's question is how?
11th May 2011, 03:34 PM   |  #4  

2,157 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeve4

That is incorrect, you CAN change the kernel boot screen, the OP's question is how?

You can change it if you download a new kernel, or download the kernel developer's source code, change the screen and then recompile the kernel.

Those are tthe ONLY two ways...

Last edited by geoffcorey; 24th August 2011 at 08:47 PM.
24th August 2011, 07:34 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

87 posts
FUGLY splash screen
I'd love to change or REMOVE the splash screen in any if not all of these kernels how do I do so I am using MIUI so themes mean something to me and that doesn't match any of my themes z.z
24th August 2011, 08:48 PM   |  #6  

2,157 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 265ada

I'd love to change or REMOVE the splash screen in any if not all of these kernels how do I do so I am using MIUI so themes mean something to me and that doesn't match any of my themes z.z

Again, if you read the post right above you, it's the same answer. You must change it in the kernel source, and then compile.

There is no way around it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geoffcorey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #7  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 865

1,716 posts
More
can someone please tell me where in the kernel this is located? I can't find the directory.
26th April 2012, 11:50 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,010

1,238 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp420

can someone please tell me where in the kernel this is located? I can't find the directory.

drivers/video/samsung/logo_rgb24_wvga_portrait.h

The Following User Says Thank You to FaultException For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread