5,600,292 Members 38,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone used this cover: Cosmos Back Cover for Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 & i777 (AT&T)

Tip us?

anikiup
Old
(Last edited by anikiup; 18th April 2012 at 09:01 PM.) Reason: spelling
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Anyone used this cover: Cosmos Back Cover for Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 & i777 (AT&T)

I was wondering if anyone got this one. It looks fine in the picture. I dropped my phone 3 times in last week and looks like now is a good time to get a new case.

Here is the amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Samsung...778851&sr=1-80
Now (ICS): --VK--Rom
Before:Foxhound, Epsilon, MIUI V4(4.0.3) , Sensation ICS Hellraised (awesome), Shostock, OmegaRom, Turkbey, AOKP, CM9
Before: SangoVision hellraised, VK, MIUI Ultimate.
Before: NEAT, Ultimatum, Another MIUI, Shishir
Before: Checkrom (hellraised), CM7, SHostock
Before:Binnacle Beta 5

Using in Acer A500:
Now: CM9 (No SOD)
Before:Flexreaper R10, Tabooney, Thor, Icylicious ...

fatbas202
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I wouldn't get anything metal for this phone. I'm thinking that one of the big reasons that the SGS2 has a plastic back cover where the SGS had metal (in most cases) is because the GPS in the SGS sucked ass and that the plastic cover interferes with it less.

I don't know this for sure, but I would highly suspect that is a major contributing factor for the plastic.
The Following User Says Thank You to fatbas202 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MashBill
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbas202 View Post
I wouldn't get anything metal for this phone. I'm thinking that one of the big reasons that the SGS2 has a plastic back cover where the SGS had metal (in most cases) is because the GPS in the SGS sucked ass and that the plastic cover interferes with it less.

I don't know this for sure, but I would highly suspect that is a major contributing factor for the plastic.
+1

alacrify
Old
Thanks Meter 1941
Quote:

It's silver, but not metal - product info states "polycarbonate back cover". Kinda snazzy looking...
SGSIV i337
SGSIII i747
SGSII i777
Xoom 10.1

nappent
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:

I'm not sure that is completely true. I've test my old SGS Captivate with and without the metal battery cover and there was no improvements. The GPS receiver in the phone was just crap. SGS2 has a much better gps receiver which is the simple fact.

As for the SGS2 I'm sure some more testing would need to be completed to know for sure.

fatbas202
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappent View Post
I'm not sure that is completely true. I've test my old SGS Captivate with and without the metal battery cover and there was no improvements. The GPS receiver in the phone was just crap. SGS2 has a much better gps receiver which is the simple fact.

As for the SGS2 I'm sure some more testing would need to be completed to know for sure.
So you took the GPS antenna off of the phone and it didn't help?

Yep, the GPS for our beloved Cappys were crap, and there were far more contributing factors than just the metal cover.

08BlackWRX
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i had one of these cases on my lg thrill 4g 3d phone, it was a decent case, looked great but the clear plastic part got pretty scratched up after not too long...
The Following User Says Thank You to 08BlackWRX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Optimus-Prime Old
Thanks Meter
I have it. do i use it nope. its actually just a a piece of aluminum sticked to a clear case that does not fit the phone. it will scratch it. left a wittle scratch on the top corner of mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

howtomen
Old
Thanks Meter 1220

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus-Prime View Post
I have it. do i use it nope. its actually just a a piece of aluminum sticked to a clear case that does not fit the phone. it will scratch it. left a wittle scratch on the top corner of mine.
bahahahahahaha and u told me to buy it. im glad i didnt xD
Check out My Android YouTube Channel!

Quote:
I'll answer any question, just ask nicely.
N5 running whatever i want
Optimus-Prime Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by howtomen View Post
bahahahahahaha and u told me to buy it. im glad i didnt xD
I know! it looked so cool at first haha!