FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

LED notification and brightness for stock 2.3.4?

562 posts
Thanks Meter: 76
 
By schmit, Senior Member on 23rd April 2012, 03:10 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th April 2012, 01:59 AM |#11  
schmit's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Passing through..
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
thanks gang.. not sure why, but LG touch kkey wasn't working but its working now. Good to go. Just need a good power control widget that'll go in the notification bar.. and I'll be good. Tried widgetoid.. don't like the gps toggle, doesn't work. Well.... i should try it again, lol
 
 
25th April 2012, 03:30 AM |#12  
GTWalling's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmit

thanks gang.. not sure why, but LG touch kkey wasn't working but its working now. Good to go. Just need a good power control widget that'll go in the notification bar.. and I'll be good. Tried widgetoid.. don't like the gps toggle, doesn't work. Well.... i should try it again, lol

I was just turned on to Notification Toggle in the Play Store for the control in the notification bar. Check it out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GTWalling For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 03:35 AM |#13  
schmit's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Passing through..
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTWalling

I was just turned on to Notification Toggle in the Play Store for the control in the notification bar. Check it out.

ha, i'm getting all kinds of help on this thread. thanks dude! Ok, I'll try another shot to get help on this thread. On the new 2.3.4.. every time I get a txt, my screen turns on for just a sec or 2... I can't find a way to keep the screen off on received txts. Kinda stupid if i'm in a txt conversation w/ someone.. screen keeps coming on.
26th April 2012, 03:50 AM |#14  
mt3g's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 3,132
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmit

ha, i'm getting all kinds of help on this thread. thanks dude! Ok, I'll try another shot to get help on this thread. On the new 2.3.4.. every time I get a txt, my screen turns on for just a sec or 2... I can't find a way to keep the screen off on received txts. Kinda stupid if i'm in a txt conversation w/ someone.. screen keeps coming on.

There's a link in the thread I started about the application for notification toggles in this sub-forum. As to your question about the text things. Your phone lights up while you're texting? That's kind of normal don't you think. The screen coming on when the text comes in is a stock messaging thing. Nothing that can be done except installing a custom messaging application, as far as I know, I like that it lights up.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
27th April 2012, 01:09 AM |#15  
schmit's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Passing through..
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g

There's a link in the thread I started about the application for notification toggles in this sub-forum. As to your question about the text things. Your phone lights up while you're texting? That's kind of normal don't you think. The screen coming on when the text comes in is a stock messaging thing. Nothing that can be done except installing a custom messaging application, as far as I know, I like that it lights up.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

ha, not while i'm texting... duh, the screen would need to be on for that, haha. When I receive a text, the screen turns on. The other day I was txting with a friend then I got into the middle of something and she sent another 5txts.. and the screen kept turning on. Pretty wasteful on the battery..
27th April 2012, 01:10 AM |#16  
GTWalling's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g

There's a link in the thread I started about the application for notification toggles in this sub-forum. As to your question about the text things. Your phone lights up while you're texting? That's kind of normal don't you think. The screen coming on when the text comes in is a stock messaging thing. Nothing that can be done except installing a custom messaging application, as far as I know, I like that it lights up.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Sorry, would have given you credit but I forgot who it was. :( Big thanks though love it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes