Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 45,792 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LED notification and brightness for stock 2.3.4?

Tip us?

schmit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
thanks gang.. not sure why, but LG touch kkey wasn't working but its working now. Good to go. Just need a good power control widget that'll go in the notification bar.. and I'll be good. Tried widgetoid.. don't like the gps toggle, doesn't work. Well.... i should try it again, lol

GTWalling
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmit View Post
thanks gang.. not sure why, but LG touch kkey wasn't working but its working now. Good to go. Just need a good power control widget that'll go in the notification bar.. and I'll be good. Tried widgetoid.. don't like the gps toggle, doesn't work. Well.... i should try it again, lol
I was just turned on to Notification Toggle in the Play Store for the control in the notification bar. Check it out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GTWalling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

schmit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTWalling View Post
I was just turned on to Notification Toggle in the Play Store for the control in the notification bar. Check it out.
ha, i'm getting all kinds of help on this thread. thanks dude! Ok, I'll try another shot to get help on this thread. On the new 2.3.4.. every time I get a txt, my screen turns on for just a sec or 2... I can't find a way to keep the screen off on received txts. Kinda stupid if i'm in a txt conversation w/ someone.. screen keeps coming on.

mt3g
Old
Thanks Meter 3,127

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmit View Post
ha, i'm getting all kinds of help on this thread. thanks dude! Ok, I'll try another shot to get help on this thread. On the new 2.3.4.. every time I get a txt, my screen turns on for just a sec or 2... I can't find a way to keep the screen off on received txts. Kinda stupid if i'm in a txt conversation w/ someone.. screen keeps coming on.
There's a link in the thread I started about the application for notification toggles in this sub-forum. As to your question about the text things. Your phone lights up while you're texting? That's kind of normal don't you think. The screen coming on when the text comes in is a stock messaging thing. Nothing that can be done except installing a custom messaging application, as far as I know, I like that it lights up.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
**HTC Uno Crew**
***Former RC Crew***

schmit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g View Post
There's a link in the thread I started about the application for notification toggles in this sub-forum. As to your question about the text things. Your phone lights up while you're texting? That's kind of normal don't you think. The screen coming on when the text comes in is a stock messaging thing. Nothing that can be done except installing a custom messaging application, as far as I know, I like that it lights up.

ha, not while i'm texting... duh, the screen would need to be on for that, haha. When I receive a text, the screen turns on. The other day I was txting with a friend then I got into the middle of something and she sent another 5txts.. and the screen kept turning on. Pretty wasteful on the battery..

GTWalling
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g View Post

Sorry, would have given you credit but I forgot who it was. :( Big thanks though love it.