Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,597 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

kexec bootloader bypass

Tip us?

xmsh
Old
Thanks Meter 18
thank you,

eviljonny1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Question How long???

I have 15 days left before I can return my Atrix 2. I truly despise this POS device because of the lack of an open bootloader. That is my fault for not checking on here before I bought it. My questions is, should I just return it or is an unlocked bootloader on the horizon, (3 weeks or so. Heh heh). Thanks.

mtnlion
Old
Thanks Meter 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviljonny1 View Post
I have 15 days left before I can return my Atrix 2. I truly despise this POS device because of the lack of an open bootloader. That is my fault for not checking on here before I bought it. My questions is, should I just return it or is an unlocked bootloader on the horizon, (3 weeks or so. Heh heh). Thanks.
As far as the bootloader goes we'll call it even odds on being unlocked eventually. However I have spoken with the developer working on kexec for the A2 and it is nearly ready. He's just got a couple of issues to work out before releasing it to everyone. Don't give up a2 owners,hope is on the horizon!

Sent from my MB865 using XDA
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mtnlion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

farshad525hou
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 432

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlion View Post
As far as the bootloader goes we'll call it even odds on being unlocked eventually. However I have spoken with the developer working on kexec for the A2 and it is nearly ready. He's just got a couple of issues to work out before releasing it to everyone. Don't give up a2 owners,hope is on the horizon!

Yeah don't give up hope!! We will have a bootloader bypass, and ICS/CM9 soon enough!
DON'T HAVE A DROPBOX? SIGN UP WITH THIS LINK AND WE BOTH GET 500MB EXTRA!: http://db.tt/UAXWgzXy

Current Devices:
HTC One running Android 4.4 KitKat/CM11 Beta builds from source!
Google Nexus 7 running AOSP 4.4 KitKat!
Backup Devices
Samsung Galaxy Nexus running CM10.2 nightlies.
Google (Asus) Nexus 7 running CM10.2 nightlies!
Motorola Atrix 2 running CM10
Previous Devices:
Samsung Infuse 4G,-HATED IT!
iPhone 3G-Sold it on Ebay!

The Following User Says Thank You to farshad525hou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eviljonny1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Ok, ok, you guys convinced me. I want so badly to have my A2 working like my A1 was. So bummed I dropped it. Don't drink and text, kids!

hankbizzo5
Old
Thanks Meter 190

DONATE TO ME
Am I beating a dead horse..... This seems to be the answer same bootloader as raz should be able to get something going.....

StrizzMatik
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Hope something amazing comes out of this!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

nolena2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey bpear what do you mean safestrap system? And great job on rebal rom.I flashed it on my Atrix 2 and my gf,brother, and friends exhibit 2

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

daavvis
Old
Thanks Meter 2095

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolena2 View Post
Hey bpear what do you mean safestrap system? And great job on rebal rom.I flashed it on my Atrix 2 and my gf,brother, and friends exhibit 2

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
Im pretty sure bpear's mom indefinitely restricted him from her A2 lol

jimbridgman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3145

DONATE TO ME
If you take a look in the bootloader unlock thread, I posted a link to grab the one Kholk released. I worked on this for months, and tested it and compiled and worked with these guys and on my own.... But Kholk has released it, and it has been tested and it is working, but we now need a kernel. I am working on releasing my CM7 kernel and build here very soon.
Nexus 5 (stock Kitkat 4.4)
Backup: Galaxy Nexus Running Ubuntu Phone OS

"Microsoft is the Evil Empire"
"I *nix UNIX we all scream for Linux"

If you don't have dropbox, go sign up here:
http://db.tt/SorT4X6q
You will get an extra 500MB, and so will I.

Jim

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jimbridgman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]