FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

kexec bootloader bypass

1,783 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,586
 
By bpear96, Senior Member on 13th April 2012, 09:43 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th April 2012, 08:56 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Flag 南昌
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
thank you,
 
 
26th April 2012, 12:59 AM |#12  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Question How long???
I have 15 days left before I can return my Atrix 2. I truly despise this POS device because of the lack of an open bootloader. That is my fault for not checking on here before I bought it. My questions is, should I just return it or is an unlocked bootloader on the horizon, (3 weeks or so. Heh heh). Thanks.
26th April 2012, 02:39 AM |#13  
mtnlion's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag in the mountains of south east tennessee
Thanks Meter: 334
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviljonny1

I have 15 days left before I can return my Atrix 2. I truly despise this POS device because of the lack of an open bootloader. That is my fault for not checking on here before I bought it. My questions is, should I just return it or is an unlocked bootloader on the horizon, (3 weeks or so. Heh heh). Thanks.

As far as the bootloader goes we'll call it even odds on being unlocked eventually. However I have spoken with the developer working on kexec for the A2 and it is nearly ready. He's just got a couple of issues to work out before releasing it to everyone. Don't give up a2 owners,hope is on the horizon!

Sent from my MB865 using XDA
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mtnlion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 04:34 AM |#14  
farshad525hou's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 437
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlion

As far as the bootloader goes we'll call it even odds on being unlocked eventually. However I have spoken with the developer working on kexec for the A2 and it is nearly ready. He's just got a couple of issues to work out before releasing it to everyone. Don't give up a2 owners,hope is on the horizon!

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

Yeah don't give up hope!! We will have a bootloader bypass, and ICS/CM9 soon enough!
The Following User Says Thank You to farshad525hou For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 01:15 AM |#15  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Ok, ok, you guys convinced me. I want so badly to have my A2 working like my A1 was. So bummed I dropped it. Don't drink and text, kids!
8th May 2012, 06:59 AM |#16  
hankbizzo5's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ct,Eastern
Thanks Meter: 193
 
Donate to Me
More
Am I beating a dead horse..... This seems to be the answer same bootloader as raz should be able to get something going.....
8th May 2012, 02:29 PM |#17  
Senior Member
Flag Dover Plains
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Hope something amazing comes out of this!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk
9th May 2012, 12:30 AM |#18  
Junior Member
Flag WICHITA
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hey bpear what do you mean safestrap system? And great job on rebal rom.I flashed it on my Atrix 2 and my gf,brother, and friends exhibit 2

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
22nd May 2012, 11:37 PM |#19  
daavvis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,124
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolena2

Hey bpear what do you mean safestrap system? And great job on rebal rom.I flashed it on my Atrix 2 and my gf,brother, and friends exhibit 2

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Im pretty sure bpear's mom indefinitely restricted him from her A2 lol

Sent from my MB865 using XDA
23rd May 2012, 02:06 AM |#20  
jimbridgman's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 3,167
 
Donate to Me
More
If you take a look in the bootloader unlock thread, I posted a link to grab the one Kholk released. I worked on this for months, and tested it and compiled and worked with these guys and on my own.... But Kholk has released it, and it has been tested and it is working, but we now need a kernel. I am working on releasing my CM7 kernel and build here very soon.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jimbridgman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2012, 11:51 AM |#21  
daavvis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,124
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridgman

If you take a look in the bootloader unlock thread, I posted a link to grab the one Kholk released. I worked on this for months, and tested it and compiled and worked with these guys and on my own.... But Kholk has released it, and it has been tested and it is working, but we now need a kernel. I am working on releasing my CM7 kernel and build here very soon.

So should i be baking this into the rom im working on in preparation for a new kernel? It works with a factory kernel right? Like if i have it set up to use stock for now?

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes