Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 44,856 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][TWGB][updated 1/16] KGB Kernel: A Kernel for Gingerbread (EH09/EI20/EH03)

Tip us?

shag_on_e
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazhima View Post
got the same problem here... stock EH03

I rebooted a couple times opening the app each time and fixed permissions a couple times and it stopped force closing.

~~~~There is no spoon~~~~

nazhima
Old
Thanks Meter 0
yup fix now no fcs anymore. thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA

jay7264
Old
Thanks Meter 18
can anybody help me im running tsm resurection runs great with this kernal but i cant seem to find the settings app that is supposedly in there maybe its just my rom.CUSTOM SETTINGS APP
I wrote an app to replace the command-line scripts that controlled some of the settings in the kernel. It will auto-install upon boot and may even work with some features of the other TWGB kernels out there.<<<i cant find this
flash to verizon evo evo 3d evo shift epic nexus s lg revolution sprint galaxy s3 evo lte REMOTELY

adamklo
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay7264 View Post
can anybody help me im running tsm resurection runs great with this kernal but i cant seem to find the settings app that is supposedly in there maybe its just my rom.CUSTOM SETTINGS APP
I wrote an app to replace the command-line scripts that controlled some of the settings in the kernel. It will auto-install upon boot and may even work with some features of the other TWGB kernels out there.<<<i cant find this
It's the KGB app. I don't know if that helps. Maybe you got a bad download or you didn't see it in the app drawer.

AOKP 31 Glitched Unicorn
Samsung Galaxy S4
SS 3.72, Debloated Xposed Stock NC5
Big Red

jay7264
Old
(Last edited by jay7264; 10th April 2012 at 01:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
i got it i had to flash to stock then flash the kernal then use es file explorer to copy it to the sd. great work im really loving this phone i had it for like a year sitting its only purpose was a photo frame. but now it has a new life in my pocket living happily amongst its other cell phone buddys like epic 4g and nexus s4g. woooo hooooo
flash to verizon evo evo 3d evo shift epic nexus s lg revolution sprint galaxy s3 evo lte REMOTELY

watt9493
Old
Thanks Meter 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip_viado View Post
i am running superclean with this kerne.. i was just wondering how do i change the boot animation
I was also wondering the same thing

Sent from my SCH-I500

Galaxy s4
Inc

AaronCompNetSys
Old
(Last edited by AaronCompNetSys; 22nd April 2012 at 09:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 55
[Irreverent, sorry]

Merman1983
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Post This annoying request has just arrived for you comrade

So this kernel is just about perfect in every way - I've no desire to look elsewhere. I think it performs wonderfully and the options/KGB app are outstanding.

As I really see no need for a new version any time soon I'm just wondering if there's any way a KGBFA16 version could be put together with Voodoo Color? I know it was removed because it caused some people problems, but I feel it's the only thing I'm "missing".

As an ignorant user I'm not clear on the work that would be involved in doing this, but if it were not difficult could it be done? I don't want to ask you to fork your kernel, but if no revisions are planned for the near future/ever this would be greatly appreciated (and I don't think I'm alone). Thanks
VZW GNex CM11 M4

hyogen
Old
(Last edited by hyogen; 27th April 2012 at 02:23 AM.) Reason: addition
Thanks Meter 0
KGW App force closes on me. and I can't get Dock sound to work WOW, and MENU, HOME, and SEARCH don't work...only BACK works.

I have a Galaxy S Fascinate. I had CW9 + ICS + Icy Glitch kernel....sound dock didn't work...USB connect didn't work...volume up didn't work...

so I went back to the STOCK gingerbread rom.....installed KGB (I seem to have a different recovery and not Clockwork recovery) and I got stuck at the Verizon Splash screen---I think I just rebooted it into recovery mode with 3 finger method....and didn't pull the battery.. Reinstalled KGB a couple more times... I think it finally booted fine. I guess the solution is to just hold UP and Power to reset, which i didn't need to have to do the last time.

The Sound through the Desk Dock still doesn't work--even though I have the Galaxy Sound Redirector.

Any thoughts? thanks

I only got KGB so I could get voodoo....I had PAID for voodoo app so I didn't have to get a kernel before...so does that mean I didn't need KGW? I didn't try.

When I tried voodoo on CM9 and ICS...voodoo required a different kernel so that's why i got glitch.

How do I just remove the KGW kernel??? thanks in advance

KyleIsTheBeast
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Default Nice!!

This kernel is AMAZING!!! Only 1 problem, my soft keys (menu, home, back, & search) will randomly turn off and stop working. I have to lock and unlock the phone just to get them back on. Happens often actually. Any ideas?
LG Optimus L9 P769 running stock V20D, ROOTED
Add me on Google Talk (This is the ONLY Google Talk account I own, and it is dedicated to android. So here you go) help@doorwaynow.com

Tags
eh03, eh09, ei20, kgb kernel, twgb