Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

unlock xt862

OP silvyo13

16th February 2012, 01:42 PM   |  #21  
Flag Akron, NY
Thanks Meter: 5

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thienglong

aaa.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...CA&fd=&filter= (change aaa = www), new member

couldn't you just go here?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/activate-phone.shtml
The Following User Says Thank You to bfranclemont For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2012, 01:56 PM   |  #22  
Flag West New York, NJ
Thanks Meter: 15

51 posts
More
Hey I got a D3 from Verizon. PM me your issue perhaps I can give you an unlucked D3 that I have sitting at my house for experience.
17th February 2012, 11:28 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
@bfranclemont: right this page. but in my comphter is................
9th March 2012, 06:07 PM   |  #24  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
nobody wants to help me
if someone helps me I'll pay $ 100.
I swear
23rd April 2012, 09:40 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
D3 VZW Sim Sub Unlock - any solution? SIM Subsidy Unlock outside U.S., Rooted, Cyno'd
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvyo13

nobody wants to help me
if someone helps me I'll pay $ 100.
I swear

Did you find a solution for this subsidy unlock code problem? I understood from you that TURBOSIM didn't work. I have a similar issue...

I have a Droid 3 which had these series of events happen:

1) Verizon gave me the SIM subsidy unlock code for my device
2) I went overseas before putting in the code (not very smart on my part)
3) I bought a local SIM and the rep at a mall overseas put it in the phone
4) The rep entered the SIM unlock code incorrectly several times
5) The phone was still SIM subsidy locked
6) I entered the PIN correctly, and it still responded with "unsuccessful"
7) I called Verizon Global Support who verified it was the correct SIM unlock code
8) The Verizon support rep had me read the MEID code to double-check it was the unlock right code for my device. She verified it was.
9) The Verizon senior support rep emailed someone at Motorola (with a real motorola.com addy) and Cc'd me
10) The Motorola rep replied-all a day later and confirmed it was the correct SIM unlock code for that MEID
11) The Verizon rep said that if an unlock code is entered too many times incorrectly the phone will not accept the right code and the phone:
a) Will not count down your number of attempts left
b) Will not give you a message that is permanently locked and will simply continue to ask you to enter a code
c) will require a clean sweep of the phone to factory settings which will reset the number of SIM subsidy code unlock attempts tried to zero, however, because the phone would be off Verizon's network it may brick the phone permanently because it can't dial itself to initialize and so that can't be recommended
12) I cleaned swept the phone anyway
13) It locked me out when it tried to initialize by dialing *228# which it couldn't do off network as the rep said, but I searched forums and found the immediate problem/solution and that I could touch 4 corners of the screen to get back in to the operating system (it would have been nice if the "senior" support rep had told me this could be done ins)tead of either keeping it a secret (annoying) or being unaware (ignorant)
14) I was now back into the O.S.
15) But the SIM unlock code still would not work! So I could now neither roam with my phone at $3.50/minute through Verizon nor use a local SIM, however, I could use a SIP/softphone application to make calls and browse the web using WiFI, which was something positive
SIDE QUESTION: Is that a bug or poorly designed Android/Motorola programming thing that there is no count-down for the number of SIM subsidy unlock code entry attempts remaining and it doesn't tell you if it's permanently locked from too many attempts? It's extremely annoying!
15) Now, I took the phone to a local lab here in the foreign country.
16) They went onto a website where they buy unlock codes on their own dime and if it unlocks the phone they charge you for a successful unlock.
17) It was unsuccessful
18) This lab said nothing can reset the code, and there is no way to get past this SIM unlock...NO WAY, they said and were adamant about it and sent me on my way!
19) So I took it upon myself to root the phone, which I was successful at doing
20) Then I installed Cynogen 9 successfully
21) I thought I deleted everything in the phone as required/recommended to install the new OS
21) It's a very nice and cool looking operating system, but wouldn't you know it, the phone is still asking me for a SIM subsidy unlock code when I slip in a foreign SIM!

Can anyone tell me how the heck I can unlock this subsidy lock to make my phone usable with a foreign SIM? It would be HUGELY appreciated!! I am at my wits end!!

Is it humanly possible?

What would Verizon/Motorola/Google do if they got this phone back to refurbish it? Surely they'd have to re-install all the software/OS at its deepest levels and all the partitions of its memory, right? Can I do that? Would that work? Is this SIM subsidy lock in an an unreachable partition? How can there be an unreachable partition? That just doesn't make sense to me...can't be!

Is there anyone, somewhere out there in the world who is skillful enough to do this?

Thanks for any and all help!!!!!

Truly,
Sad Verizon Droid3 Customer Stuck Overseas :(
23rd April 2012, 02:48 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 264

1,441 posts
The only way to bypass this, will be the kexec bootloader bypass. It will allow to load a custom kernel and a custom radio. But a dev is needed to make this happen.
27th April 2012, 02:32 AM   |  #27  
Flag Akron, NY

42 posts
More
1. Wipe the phone, remove CM9 and put it completely back to stock.
2. Mail it to someone smart you can trust in the united states.
3. Have them act like they are you and activate the phone on VZWs network and unlock the sim card slot.
4. Have them mail it back to you.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using XDA
27th April 2012, 02:39 AM   |  #28  
Flag Akron, NY

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kweefenart

11) The Verizon rep said that if an unlock code is entered too many times incorrectly the phone will not accept the right code and the phone:
a) Will not count down your number of attempts left
b) Will not give you a message that is permanently locked and will simply continue to ask you to enter a code
c) will require a clean sweep of the phone to factory settings which will reset the number of SIM subsidy code unlock attempts tried to zero, however, because the phone would be off Verizon's network it may brick the phone permanently because it can't dial itself to initialize and so that can't be recommended

This might also be a way to fix that...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25108101

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using XDA
28th April 2012, 12:27 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
That will not work -- it's not the network
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfranclemont

1. Wipe the phone, remove CM9 and put it completely back to stock.
2. Mail it to someone smart you can trust in the united states.
3. Have them act like they are you and activate the phone on VZWs network and unlock the sim card slot.
4. Have them mail it back to you.

It's not the network that prevents the SIM subsidy lock from working (either when entered incorrectly, or because of max # of attempts have been exceeded), but rather it's built into the firmware. This proposed solution will not work, but I appreciate the thought.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by will5

The only way to bypass this, will be the kexec bootloader bypass. It will allow to load a custom kernel and a custom radio. But a dev is needed to make this happen.

That sounds promising! Can you help a newbie with some details as to how to proceed? To wit,

1) How does one use the (or a) kexec bootloader bypass? Is that something to download and install, and if so, from where?
2) Once one is running the kexec bootloader bypass, where does one get a custom kernel and custom radio?
3) Where do I get a "dev" and what does that mean?

Thanks-in-advance for the help!!!
28th April 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #30  
Flag not saying
Thanks Meter: 19

360 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok a dev is some ones that makes the roms that are phones can run like cm9 for ex and the bootloader by pass is not out yet

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread