Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Additional Wall Charger

OP hvbelton

19th April 2012, 05:35 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Northern California
Thanks Meter: 462

2,979 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wow, that's impressive. They should charge the battery quicker than the original. They'd make a good replacement.
24th April 2012, 01:05 AM   |  #12  
Flag Auburn, WA
Thanks Meter: 85

1,345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport

Wow, that's impressive. They should charge the battery quicker than the original. They'd make a good replacement.

and double as a weapon in case of a fight too...
27th April 2012, 05:12 AM   |  #13  
Oxford
Thanks Meter: 63

400 posts
More
I just plugged into my iPad charger and was instantly getting 785 mA on the charge. I then plugged into the nokia charger and it registers about 650 tops. Looks like the iPad charger will work for a slightly faster charge as well.
30th April 2012, 02:04 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 47

322 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvbelton

Based on the talk so far and as is pretty typical, Nokia wants us to us the included charger for charging our L900's. What are you guys planning to do for a travel or backup charger?

I believe someone on the internet did a test and the Nokia charger charges faster than the majority of chargers. I don't know that any charger will hurt the phone if if delivers 1 or less amps at 5 volts. It may take longer to charge but your phone should be fine with other decent brands.

In addition to my Nokia charger I use the Belkin mini surge protector. It has two USB charging ports. I don't think it works for iphones though for some reason. Someone else will have to confirm.

In the car I use an onn Dual USB Car Charger. I can't find anything on the web about it. I bought it at Walmart for $10. It works for Lumia 900s and iphones. I've only had it a couple of weeks but it seems to work fine. The problem with car chargers is there seem to be a lot of unreliable models out there. Even the one on the at&t site gets plenty of bad reviews. I wouldn't mind paying more if I knew I was getting a product that would last me years. Anyway we will see if the Walmart charger lasts. If it dies I will report back.
30th April 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 18

155 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitizenx

In addition to my Nokia charger I use the Belkin mini surge protector. It has two USB charging ports. I don't think it works for iphones though for some reason. Someone else will have to confirm.

The Belkin only delivers 500 mA to the USB, so it's about the same as plugging it into a computer. That's also the reason that it won't work for an iPhone.
30th April 2012, 10:30 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
I plugged into a Motorola Droid X charger - rated for 1000ma - it started charging the thing just as fast as OOTB charger. I think the phone is happy with any 1amp chargers. I'll test my iPad 2A charger in the car soon and report back.
7th July 2012, 03:02 PM   |  #17  
Flag Windsor
Thanks Meter: 101

382 posts
More
HP has the Touchpad charger on sale for $4.99 with free shipping.

I just bought a 3rd one since I have an Touchpad and tried charging my 900 with that charger. Fast charging, nothing damagin, and a very cheap yet OEM equipment.

WIN-WIN

LINK: http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/hom...-Power-Charger

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread