Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 46,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Additional Wall Charger

Tip us?

SuperSport
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
Wow, that's impressive. They should charge the battery quicker than the original. They'd make a good replacement.
Tablet: Lenovo IdeaPad Lynx w Win Blue
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020
MediaFire Share - Mostly Windows Mobile
MEGA Share - Mostly Android
Disclaimer: By using any Files, Packages, Cabs, ROMs, Knowledge, etc, that I share, you are doing so at your own risk. Go Ahead, Live on the Edge!

53 75 70 65 72 53 70 6f 72 74 HEX

alodar1
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport View Post
Wow, that's impressive. They should charge the battery quicker than the original. They'd make a good replacement.
and double as a weapon in case of a fight too...
Regards

@Alodar1

Device Graveyard:
Nokia 925, Nokia Lumia 900, HTX 8x, Motorola Xoom, Focus S, Lumia 710, Dell Venue Pro, HD7, Droid Bionic, T-MobileG2x, HTC Sensation, HD2, Nexus One, Cliq, MyTouch 3g, TP2, AT&T Pure, Xperia 1, AT&T Fuze, Touch Dual, Hermes

capocaccia
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I just plugged into my iPad charger and was instantly getting 785 mA on the charge. I then plugged into the nokia charger and it registers about 650 tops. Looks like the iPad charger will work for a slightly faster charge as well.

sitizenx
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvbelton View Post
Based on the talk so far and as is pretty typical, Nokia wants us to us the included charger for charging our L900's. What are you guys planning to do for a travel or backup charger?
I believe someone on the internet did a test and the Nokia charger charges faster than the majority of chargers. I don't know that any charger will hurt the phone if if delivers 1 or less amps at 5 volts. It may take longer to charge but your phone should be fine with other decent brands.

In addition to my Nokia charger I use the Belkin mini surge protector. It has two USB charging ports. I don't think it works for iphones though for some reason. Someone else will have to confirm.

In the car I use an onn Dual USB Car Charger. I can't find anything on the web about it. I bought it at Walmart for $10. It works for Lumia 900s and iphones. I've only had it a couple of weeks but it seems to work fine. The problem with car chargers is there seem to be a lot of unreliable models out there. Even the one on the at&t site gets plenty of bad reviews. I wouldn't mind paying more if I knew I was getting a product that would last me years. Anyway we will see if the Walmart charger lasts. If it dies I will report back.
Nokia Lumia 900
Let me get this straight you don't have a phone with this OS. You don't like this OS, but yet you are always hanging out in this OS' forum.

jhoff80
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitizenx View Post
In addition to my Nokia charger I use the Belkin mini surge protector. It has two USB charging ports. I don't think it works for iphones though for some reason. Someone else will have to confirm.
The Belkin only delivers 500 mA to the USB, so it's about the same as plugging it into a computer. That's also the reason that it won't work for an iPhone.

aarondr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I plugged into a Motorola Droid X charger - rated for 1000ma - it started charging the thing just as fast as OOTB charger. I think the phone is happy with any 1amp chargers. I'll test my iPad 2A charger in the car soon and report back.

xsever
Old
Thanks Meter 101
HP has the Touchpad charger on sale for $4.99 with free shipping.

I just bought a 3rd one since I have an Touchpad and tried charging my 900 with that charger. Fast charging, nothing damagin, and a very cheap yet OEM equipment.

WIN-WIN

LINK: http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/hom...-Power-Charger
Samsung Galaxy S3 | Rogers Canada
iPhone 5 | Rogers Canada
Nokia Lumia 920
Apple iPad 4 Retina 32GB
HP Touchpad 32GB | CM 11