Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Port Media Gallery from X to X2

OP KMDonlon

19th April 2012, 06:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

102 posts
More
I am really missing my Media Gallery from my original Droid X....have since got a Droid x2. I am very knowledgeable on apk modding but lack the ability to know how to port an apk. I have googled with little success....any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I want to run mediagallery.apk (2.3.3) on my 2.3.5 X2
27th April 2012, 04:12 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

102 posts
More
Unhappy
No one??
27th April 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #3  
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 13

82 posts
Donate to Me
More
I genuinely feel for you, man. I have empathy for all the people stuck on an X2. I had one for a few months, and luckily, got saved by using one of my family members upgrades. Good luck to you!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
27th April 2012, 05:07 PM   |  #4  
Flag Shaw, MS
Thanks Meter: 75

324 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteroidalFish2

I have empathy for all the people stuck on an X2.

This phone is not THAT bad. Sure, its not as hacker friendly but judging from a smartphone standpoint, it is great. Its the BEST (specs ) and also the WORST (locked bootloader ) phone I have ever owned lol.
2nd May 2012, 11:03 PM   |  #5  
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 13

82 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 754boy

This phone is not THAT bad. Sure, its not as hacker friendly but judging from a smartphone standpoint, it is great. Its the BEST (specs ) and also the WORST (locked bootloader ) phone I have ever owned lol.

I should have been more clear. It was an amazing phone as far as hardware went, but when it came to software, it was BAD. Stock was terrible, and it didn't get near the ROM development as it's older brother did. Disappointing, honestly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
2nd May 2012, 11:50 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

102 posts
More
....But does anyone have a clue on how to port it over??? I assume some smali & manifest edits...but again, not sure where to start......
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread