OP asianftw

10th April 2012, 03:23 PM   |  #311  
Flag Clermont, FL
Thanks Meter: 397

1,242 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VU HEO

can you gimme a link to download "a patched framework-res.apk". I 's using MIUI custom 2.3.26 , everything ok but it crash and reboot when I surf web by 3G (not on wifi)

The patched file i was referring to is for CM7 only and can be found in the CM7 forum in the Android Development section. It will not work on MIUI. If you try it, I guarantee you bootloops.
16th April 2012, 02:52 PM   |  #312  
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
Question 3D
Hi everyone!

I updated fomr 407 olleh to this CM7 & MIUI rom - all fine except 3D games look uglier. Aliased edges appear. LCD density is the default for this MIUI - 240

Pls help - something to add to build.prop ?
I use:
debug.sf.hw=1
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
ro.sf.lcd_density=240
27th April 2012, 05:53 AM   |  #313  
Thanks Meter: 0

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warboat

Files you need to download:

I just found my Streak 5 that was buried in an old laptop bag so thanks for making this stupid simple. I'll try it out later tonight.
1st May 2012, 07:51 PM   |  #314  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Have someone managed to get working Skype?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
9th May 2012, 04:55 PM   |  #315  
Sydney

1 posts
More
Thumbs up Thanks!
I got this ROM to work flawlessly! Really nice! Thanks

I used the following steps:
>> I used Gingerbreak v1.20 and UniversalAndroot v1.6.2 a very long time ago and had a rooted stock version 354 originally in my phone with stock recovery, so I was able to relocate the install-recovery.sh file as mentioned on this thread
>> I flashed the streakmod recovery and went into recovery, used nandroid made a full backup, which didn't take long.
>> I used the advanced>mount SD option within the recovery to copy the 407 pkg (renamed into update.pkg) and paste it into my SD root folder.
>> I extracted both the zip files provided on this thread and made a new zip with both the cm7 rom and gapps in one zip (cm7v2.zip) on my windows, and using sd mount pasted that into the root folder (I also added the cm7 stock launcher.zip and Cm7 Landscape default.zip files taken from tenorntex's thread)
>> Then I flashed the stock 407 recovery, installed the update.pkg, opened it up and checked to see if it worked.
[It worked flawlessly and although it was an olleh version, i was able to make phone calls and use the net.]
>> Then I rebooted into Streakmod recovery and installed the cm7v2.zip rom and the other two zips mentioned above
>> Did a complete Factory reset as explained in tenorntex's thread and wallah!

I wasn't able to sync my gmail account at first and it kept showing an error message that my username and/or password were not matching. I thought it was a technical error with the rom, but later on found that it was simply an issue of my 2-step verification process. I have been using this mod for 12 hrs now and I have to say, I am VERY impressed. Wifi, bluetooth, camera, skype, internet browsing, fring, whatsapp, games, google apps all work better than before and I haven't experienced any lag so far! I have a screen resolution of 120 and my phone likes it that way.

On my old stock 354, installing apps would take ages and my phone used to be unusable during that time. 15~20 apps (less than 15 mbs each) would take 10 mins to install even with antivirus and other background apps closed. Now, on the same connection, I installed around 35 apps in around 5 mins simultaneously!
cm7 rocks and thank you!
9th May 2012, 05:59 PM   |  #316  
Flag FV-british columbia
Thanks Meter: 125

628 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvoyoshi

I got this ROM to work flawlessly! Really nice! Thanks

>> I extracted both the zip files provided on this thread and made a new zip with both the cm7 rom and gapps in one zip (cm7v2.zip) on my windows, and using sd mount pasted that into the root folder (I also added the cm7 stock launcher.zip and Cm7 Landscape default.zip files taken from tenorntex's thread)

cm7 rocks and thank you!

How about posting your zip for others to try?
Last edited by nutpants; 9th May 2012 at 06:04 PM.
9th May 2012, 06:52 PM   |  #317  

25 posts
More
Looks easy. I got the files, only stock 407 still downloading
I see Streakmod is used in OP, but I have another loader.. ClockWork i think.
Shouldn't make any difference right?
9th May 2012, 11:03 PM   |  #318  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 803

2,678 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1337

Looks easy. I got the files, only stock 407 still downloading
I see Streakmod is used in OP, but I have another loader.. ClockWork i think.
Shouldn't make any difference right?

You SHOULD use Streakmod as CWM has known issues with Streak

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
12th May 2012, 06:05 PM   |  #319  
Thanks Meter: 3

29 posts
More
Dockingstation
Hi,
the streak doesnt know that its docked.

is there a fix?
Last edited by MadBlaster; 14th May 2012 at 04:44 PM.
15th May 2012, 01:36 PM   |  #320  
Flag Faringdon
Thanks Meter: 19

332 posts
Donate to Me
More
android.policy.jar
I pushed this modified android.policy.jar file to my device, rebooted to recovery, fixed permissions and unfortunately all I got was hundreds of FC's of all running apps on the phone (inc launcher).

Too bad, as it looked so promising!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread