Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Evo rugged case

OP evoforevo

12th March 2012, 02:20 AM   |  #11  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 442

534 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have the Seidio rugged, and it's a great case. 3 layers (slim case, silicone cover and then plastic shell) and the silicone layer has covers for the ports and a cover for the camera lense. (I use my camera a lot so I cut the camera lense cover off) and the holster has a lock to hold it in place well.
I switched from construction to tech work, so now it sits in a drawer, but it was great when I needed it.
12th March 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #12  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 68

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tltb26

I have the Trident Kraken. Rugged (yes, it's bulky), built-in screen protector, great fitment (2 layers= hard shell inner & silicone outer), makes use of the phone's built-in kickstand (rather than building one into the case itself), ports are covered, appropriate & mostly non-interfering cut-outs (camera, flash, speaker, mic...I've noticed a slight difference in speaker phone usage), cost is in line with other cases of this type.

IMO, an excellent case.

I had this same case. Worked wonderfully to protect. My pictures had a blue hue added to them until i popped out the little camera lens protector screen.
15th March 2012, 03:20 PM   |  #13  
Flag LaPorte, In
Thanks Meter: 3

29 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Otterbox
Have to agree with the rest Otterbox is the best and they stand behind them with no problems you call them tell them whats wrong and they send you a new one.
16th March 2012, 07:05 PM   |  #14  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 140

697 posts
I have a 2nd gen ballistic HC for my evo, and i've dropped that thing more times than i care to remember, concrete, tile, dirt, snow, pretty much everywhere except solid ice,and it has held up very well. It has the hard plastic with soft bumpers, as well as the add-on silicone layer that the seidio rugged,which i also own. The size of the thing is enormous though, and i have smacked my friend in the head once while tossing him the phone from a few feet away, he said it hit him pretty hard
19th March 2012, 03:08 AM   |  #15  
Flag Flint, MI
Thanks Meter: 12

94 posts
More
I also have the Trident Kraken. Its an amazing case and also comes on just about every color

Sent from my EVO 4G using XDA
19th March 2012, 05:18 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 6

204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrossev

I have a 2nd gen ballistic HC for my evo, and i've dropped that thing more times than i care to remember, concrete, tile, dirt, snow, pretty much everywhere except solid ice,and it has held up very well. It has the hard plastic with soft bumpers, as well as the add-on silicone layer that the seidio rugged,which i also own. The size of the thing is enormous though, and i have smacked my friend in the head once while tossing him the phone from a few feet away, he said it hit him pretty hard

I have the ballistic as well. I dropped it from 23ft off a ladder, picked it up and continued my text message :) I've dropped this poor thing so many times and have purposely thrown in across the room just to show people the case and she's held up without me ever needing a replacement. Built in screen protector that I had to cut out cuz it was so beat up but it also came with a nicely cut single sheet protector as well. The rubber outer casing is nice too if you can handle the extra bulk and/or need the extra traction for your hands.
19th March 2012, 06:05 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 8

95 posts
Everyone is always talking about the otterbox, guess it wins the popularity vote.
However, I've seen quite a few people complain or have issues with them, like the clip failing them or whatnot.

Personally I would the Ballistic HC case. I bought one for 20 USD on clearance @ mobile city. I think it's out of stock but if you do a google shop search, some vendors will have some. The MSRP is 40 USD I believe, but it's well worth it.

The only problem I have with it is the screen cover gets scratched up a bit (not the Evo screen, just the cover screen), try buying one of those plastic stick ons and it'll be fine. The other 2 minor issues are that it can get a bit dirty so try cleaning about once a week; the other issue is that the cover can be a pain to take off, I pull mine from the bottom opening onto the sides until it's off. Other than that, it's excellent and offers maximum protection like no other.

EDIT: I just saw posters above me recommended Ballistic.
On a side note though, I'd like to add that the case in black gives it this awesome military look. If you theme your phone just right with cool widgets, etc, it looks even more amazing. You just can't go wrong with this case. +the clip never lets go of the phone while at work.
Last edited by antwan*; 19th March 2012 at 06:48 AM.
12th April 2012, 07:03 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 6

41 posts
I used the Otterbox Defender series case for over a year, great case. I wanted an extended battery but never pulled the trigger because you couldn't use in a rugged case. For the last six months I've been using the Trident Electra series that comes with an extended 2800ma battery. The case is very rugged and protects the phone. It does have a screen protector built in but you can remove with a hairdryer. The extended battery adds bulk but is still thinner than the otterbox. The battery life is awesome.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
27th April 2012, 05:54 AM   |  #19  
Flag look behind you....boo!!!
Thanks Meter: 46

250 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCWS6

I used the Otterbox Defender series case for over a year, great case. I wanted an extended battery but never pulled the trigger because you couldn't use in a rugged case. For the last six months I've been using the Trident Electra series that comes with an extended 2800ma battery. The case is very rugged and protects the phone. It does have a screen protector built in but you can remove with a hairdryer. The extended battery adds bulk but is still thinner than the otterbox. The battery life is awesome.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Ever thought of using a slim extended battery? Same size as stock, and you van still rock the defender case!:thumbup:

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
27th April 2012, 06:17 AM   |  #20  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,089

5,473 posts
More
The Ballistic HC or Kraken seemed to work the best for the Evo.. Kraken case also has a holster too.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread