XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Replacement for stock SMS app

Tip us?

masterosok
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Replacement for stock SMS app

I was curious if anyone had any suggestions for a replacement for the stock messaging app with ICS. I think the stock one looks pretty bad and have tried several of the 3rd party ones with mix results. I am really hoping for a modified version of the stock app but I would gladly accept any recommendations whether it be another 3rd party app I haven't tried, a theme to of these apps, or others or a modded version of the stock.

So far I have tried:
GoSMS
Handcent SMS
Pansi SMS
chompSMS
Contapps

I tend to like minimal style themes that still flow well with the stock look of ICS. The stock messaging app just feels out of place in regards to the look and feel of ICS in general. I been looking around and haven't find anything that I really like so I figured I'd lean on the community for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

simplyrafa8
Old
Thanks Meter 124
I was looking for something that looked like ICS too, I agree that the stock ICS messaging app doesn't fit in :-\ all I've found that was interesting was an inverted version of the stock ICS one, black background and the emoticons were blue

wealthy23
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Pansi sms app is very good thanks

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
Current Phone

Nexus 4

Retired

T-Mobile myTouch 4G/HTC Glacier (Black) and Loving It
Rooted with s=off
Stock Radio
Recovery=4ext

Looking for ROMs with best battery life lol

Fav Roms

CM/Nightly

jayb222
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Handcent wins this one. I used to like gosms but they added too much extra stuff I didn't need to it. Handcent is nice. It has a delaysend option so you don't sent the wrong message to someone, or so you can correct a message if you notice it's wrong. Awesome stuff.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
Galaxy Note II - Skynote v9

Visit my sites:
http://www.857music.com
http://www.djnovate.com
The Following User Says Thank You to jayb222 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eShrooms
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I'm with you OP. If there was just a black or grey themed version of the stock app it would be fantastic. Same thing with the Gmail app.