[Mods][Tweaks][ICS]CM9

Search This thread

tripartist1

Jan 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
hhmmm...?

not 100% sure, but ive been using the uot kitchen for all of my themes... reason why im not sure is cause i have not tested it with ics yet, but there is an area to upload CM files...
heres the link:

http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/

you choose your mods, upload a few files, wait and download. then flash through cwm.
would like to hear how it works with ics!:D
http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/
NOTE: this is NOT my work. all credit goes to the dev of the site.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

When you flash the battery mods do you have to wipe anything?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

sorry about the last post. (not 100% sure was referring to how the theme kitchen would work)
no you shouldnt have to wipe anything, but it never hurts! (just dont wipe data)

nim.whit

Sep 21, 2011
Here try this

AAHHHH!!!! IVE TRYED LIKE 9 DIFFERENT OPTIONS INCLUDING THIS ONE (exagerating a bit though) AND STIL NO MMS...... IVE RESTORED TO DEFAULT AND TRYED TO BOTH ADDING A NEW ONE AND CHECKING TO USE THAT ONE OR JUST EDITIED THE FIRST HELP A NOOB PLS!!!!!!!
was hoping the caps got it attention haha jk. i am having a severe issue though

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
AAHHHH!!!! IVE TRYED LIKE 9 DIFFERENT OPTIONS INCLUDING THIS ONE (exagerating a bit though) AND STIL NO MMS...... IVE RESTORED TO DEFAULT AND TRYED TO BOTH ADDING A NEW ONE AND CHECKING TO USE THAT ONE OR JUST EDITIED THE FIRST HELP A NOOB PLS!!!!!!!

Welcome to the world of flashing custom roms. And the logcat says?

nim.whit

Sep 21, 2011
Welcome to the world of flashing custom roms. And the logcat says?

I shouldnt call myself a noob. Ive been into this for about two years but until you can make my own roms and compile your a noob in a sense.

If i cant get it fixed ill just flash stock back for a while. Im just asking to see if anyone else has had this issue. Ive read literally a hundred pages and have yet to see this happen to anyone

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
I shouldnt call myself a noob. Ive been into this for about two years but until you can make my own roms and compile your a noob in a sense.

If i cant get it fixed ill just flash stock back for a while. Im just asking to see if anyone else has had this issue. Ive read literally a hundred pages and have yet to see this happen to anyone

And the logcat? Cant help with such little info

Demonic240

Mar 18, 2009
Plano

Follow these steps...

1. App drawer
2. Dev Tools
3. Connectivity
4. Start MMS
5. Close Dev Tools
6. Profit?

This worked for me when no APN settings would let me send or receive MMS messages. I'm running the stock messaging app and no other addons. One thing I've also noticed is that you have to turn this back on every time you reboot the phone. I brought this up in the dev thread but I don't think it's being looked into. If more people have success with this then perhaps Entropy can look into it. (I have neither the time or knowledge to fix it myself but appreciate all the effort the devs put into their Roms)

Reactions: donini477

jason4962

Dec 18, 2011
NEW JERSEY
can anyone post the recomended settings for V6 SuperCharger? it asked me a whole lot of things.. i do not know what i should choose

nim.whit

Sep 21, 2011
Follow these steps...

1. App drawer
2. Dev Tools
3. Connectivity
4. Start MMS
5. Close Dev Tools
6. Profit?

This worked for me when no APN settings would let me send or receive MMS messages. I'm running the stock messaging app and no other addons. One thing I've also noticed is that you have to turn this back on every time you reboot the phone. I brought this up in the dev thread but I don't think it's being looked into. If more people have success with this then perhaps Entropy can look into it. (I have neither the time or knowledge to fix it myself but appreciate all the effort the devs put into their Roms)

Thanks, but after i tryed the correct apn settings for the third time they must have stuck. the first picture just took ten minutes to download...... but everyone after that only takes about a min. problem solved..... now im embarrassed i didnt have the patience to wait.... my bad :eek:

xolanir

Jul 19, 2011
Springville
can anyone post the recomended settings for V6 SuperCharger? it asked me a whole lot of things.. i do not know what i should choose

I think that choice is up to you. When I set mine up, I wanted to get multitasking as a top priority and then everything else was either set up to compliment that. Scroll speed, typing, etc. So go through it again and pic how you want your phone to work best for your needs. Hope this answers your question.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

jason4962

Dec 18, 2011
NEW JERSEY
I think that choice is up to you. When I set mine up, I wanted to get multitasking as a top priority and then everything else was either set up to compliment that. Scroll speed, typing, etc. So go through it again and pic how you want your phone to work best for your needs. Hope this answers your question.

Im big on battery life and smooth scrolling. Dont play games at all

Anyways i pick 28 and then super cleaned. Im still not sure which is best . Any battery whores want to help me on this lol

xolanir

Jul 19, 2011
Springville
Im big on battery life and smooth scrolling. Dont play games at all

Anyways i pick 28 and then super cleaned. Im still not sure which is best . Any battery whores want to help me on this lol

JT's build #2 at rootzwiki has OC/UV options. With setcpu, you can undervolt for improved battery life.

jason4962

Dec 18, 2011
NEW JERSEY
is it just me, but flash apps does not work? camera flash is working fine, but flashlight app will not work at all. all the other 4 flashlight apps i tryed did not work

petelord3000

Apr 22, 2012
yep

its a known problem can get led to work as a strobe light or flash morse code but not as a flashlight hopefully it will be fixed in next build

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is here to keep Entropy's ICS Development thread clean of all our talk about Modding, Tweaks and etc. This is the place to now talk about it. This thread will be updated constantly so keep checking back here for more. I will also have a Mod for each Entropy build till everyone is caught up on the newer builds. (Each download will be labeled with a corresponding build date) Enjoy!

A Message From Entropy: If you decide to install any scripts after flashing CM9 + gapps, Do NOT post bug reports on Entropy's ICS Development Thread. He will not accept bug reports from people running scripts such as V6 SuperCharger, And any other source of Ram Scripts and Etc. V6 SuperCharger is really not needed, ICS manages ram just fine.

ICS Mods:

Battery Mods:

Flash these Battery Mods in CWM, Only flash with Build 4/23/2012

All ICS Blue Non Color Dying Changing Battery Mod (Always Blue Until it starts dying at 14% batt left then it turns red)
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

ICS Blue Gauge Battery Mod (Blue gets darker and darker as battery dies)
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Flash these Battery Mods in CWM, Only flash with Build 5/02/2012

All ICS Blue Non Color Dying Changing Battery Mod (Always Blue Until it starts dying at 14% batt left then it turns red)
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Boot Animations:

1. Scribble Boot Animation, Flash in CWM.
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    bootanim34.gif

2. Android JumpGate Boot Animation, Flash in CWM.
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    bootanim35.gif

3. Alex Grey, Flash in CWM.
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    alexgrey.gif

4. Cyborg, Flash in CWM.
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    cyborg.gif

5. Metropolis, Flash in CWM.
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    metropolis.gif

6. Call of Android, Flash in CWM.
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Call_of_Android.gif

7. Abyss, Flash in CWM.
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    abyss.gif

8. Minimal Blue, Flash in CWM.
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    minimalblue.gif

9. Honeycomb, Flash in CWM.
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    honeycomb.gif

10. Nexus, Flash in CWM.
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    nexus7.gif

11. Boing, Flash in CWM.
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Boing.gif

Customizable/Tweak Mods:

Faster Scroll Mod - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1411317 Thanks: qkster

Reloaded ICS Mod For CM9 - Theme/Customizer for the Status bar, Notifications area, and ICS buttons.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531222 Thanks: rob43 and seano666

ICS Launchers:

Apex Launcher for ICS
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Nova Launcher for ICS - Download Here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Various Tweaks:

1. For faster homescreen scrolling and better battery life change these settings in your Build.prop dalvik.vm.heapsize=128m change 128m to 64m and wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=20 change 20 to 120 or 180. Save and Reboot. Thanks: tmease1

2. No more segmentation fault errors running the V6 SuperCharger script on ICS. Go here for a fixed su binary http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22643465&postcount=8328 Thanks: zeppelinrox and wraithdu

3. You've been Warned, Extreme caution using this script: Any problems running this script are Nobody else's fault but Yours.
    Install V6 SuperCharger Script Latest version - Mirror 1
    The How To: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16635544#post16635544 Thanks: zeppelinrox

4. APN Tweak: Those having issues with MMS's should use these settings, Go to settings/wireless & networks/More/mobile networks/access point names and press the menu button and click new APN. Fill out everything exactly as you see it. Thanks: deathblade and marty331

Name: AT&T
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: leave blank
    Port: leave blank
    Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password:CINGULAR1 (yes this is in CAPS)
    Server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC:310
    MNC:410
    APN Type: leave blank

*Those still having Issues with MMS can try this if the above don't work. Thanks: stratatak7

5. SD Card Issues: Those having issues trying to access there Internal storage drive can use this USB Storage Hack. This hack does not work with External SD, Only Internal SD. Install this through your web browser on your phone. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389375. Thanks: Bexton and Pony Express

6. Ram Manager App: A great tool to optimize your ram to make your phone smooth and faster. DO NOT USE RAM SCRIPTS AND TWEAKS WITH THIS APP!! Download Here Thanks: garbagedump481

7. Are your 1080p videos choppy while playing? Try DicePlayer App and make your movies fast and smooth again. Download Here

More to come......
    ---------------------------------------------

Helpful Hints:

1. If you hold the home button the apps from the "recent" menu appear, Swipe to remove them from the recently opened menu. You have to go to your manage apps to kill any running ones in the background, Or go to settings/Developer options and scroll to the bottom and tick Kill app back button. Thanks: Demonic240

2. How to quickly Unistall Apps, Press and hold the Icon of the app you wish to Unistall, drag the Icon to the top left of the screen and hover over the cancel button for 1 second till the Unistall button shows.

More to Come.....
    ---------------------------------------------
    Got a Mod, Tweak, maybe some Helpful Hints you want to share in this OP that works with Entropy's latest build? PM me what Mod you created or Tweak you found and I'll post it here in the OP and you'll be given proper credit for helping. Someone may know something you don't, We are here to share and Develop!

Do Not Send me a Mod or Tweak you found and Claim it as (Yours) I will not post it in that matter. Respect Others work! I will do my best to keep this Updated as much as possible.
    If for any reason downloads aren't working, try in a lil bit. I'm gonna move my downloads to a more dedicated server tonight.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium
    call me crazy but i'm waiting on someone to get touchwiz working on ics as we see on the galaxy s2. I tried tw launcher but force close right off the bat

Try this one?
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1520436
    Any ideas as to why the apn settings may not be working for me?

Delete user name and password, change mms proxy to 66.209.11.32. Change apn type to say default,supl,mms Menu>save> reboot. This should allow mms and most likely fix issues. I highly suggest everyone try this. It has helped a lot of people having apn issues. I have screenshots posted in the q&a section.