Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]ICS-"FLEX-A100-REAPER-RELIX_Rev2 (15-Sep-2012)ntfs-3Gusb-GoogleNow,.......

Tip us?

.Gibson.
Old
Thanks Meter 211
I had to to do a factory reset and wipe all my apps to get 3.1 running. Major props Civato, I appreciate this rom based on the OTA. It is working perfectly now.

NoSudo
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Yep Nice ROM. The update has fixed the screen issues, etc. All my games are working well again, as well as the media browsers with touch functions. GPS is locking well.

I'm loving the visual mods too. Nice job all around. I'm using the BlackBlue R12.5 ring, with Mask transparent mod.

I did have an issue with WiFi(couldn't enable it) after flashing the first time, but I just did a factory reset and it was fixed. I then reinstalled the apps, etc that get whiped when doing the fact reset, and it's all smooth and happy now.

The only still I wasnt sure about is what I should do with "lto.dat" that is in /data/gps. I get the feeling it was whiped when I did the reset. I'm guessing I can just copy it to /data/gps on the tablet, but I am not sure. I'm also not sure what exactly it does. Anyway GPS it working fine so far so no big.
Tablet: Acer Iconia A100 unlocked cwm FlexReaper ROM and Hulu enabled

Need help figuring out how to customize your Acer A100/101? Look here for Help

Author of Flashex 2.05 (Enables watching Hulu and others in browser by hex-editing libflashplayer.so file from AND back to WIN, then copies it back to Abobe Flash and checks Adobe Flash for updates, and will re-edit libflashplayer.so when a new version is detected. Compatible with ANY Flash version and any device that can run it )
The Following User Says Thank You to NoSudo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zleto
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSudo View Post

The only still I wasnt sure about is what I should do with "lto.dat" that is in /data/gps. I get the feeling it was whiped when I did the reset. I'm guessing I can just copy it to /data/gps on the tablet, but I am not sure. I'm also not sure what exactly it does. Anyway GPS it working fine so far so no big.
lto.dat is LongTermOrbit data or the quick GPS fix.
You can check here for more info.
The Following User Says Thank You to zleto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

antiwesley
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Firstly, thanks for a kick-butt addition to my newly purchased A100. Took some work, and having some familiarity with doing things with my LG Revolution, it was easy enough to get up and running.

But there's a problem.

I'm stuck in the boot sequence, the flashy numbers/atoms sequence running over and over.
adb is not sensing the device, and CWM is failing to load on restart.

Suggestions?

NoSudo
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by zleto View Post
lto.dat is LongTermOrbit data or the quick GPS fix.
You can check here for more info.
Yea I kinda figured it was something like that. I'll read up. I was tempted to just copy it to /data/gps, but I figured I would learn what it is first heh.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiwesley View Post
Firstly, thanks for a kick-butt addition to my newly purchased A100. Took some work, and having some familiarity with doing things with my LG Revolution, it was easy enough to get up and running.

But there's a problem.

I'm stuck in the boot sequence, the flashy numbers/atoms sequence running over and over.
adb is not sensing the device, and CWM is failing to load on restart.

Suggestions?
I think Civato said the other day he would be out of town 5 days and probably wouldn't be able to get online. Like right after the 3.1 update release more or less.

What ROM did you have on it before flashing, and what CWM are you running etc? And did you use the R3.1 or an earlier release?

Have you tried anything other then booting it up since flashing?

Author of Flashex 2.05 (Enables watching Hulu and others in browser by hex-editing libflashplayer.so file from AND back to WIN, then copies it back to Abobe Flash and checks Adobe Flash for updates, and will re-edit libflashplayer.so when a new version is detected. Compatible with ANY Flash version and any device that can run it )

antiwesley
Old
Thanks Meter 3
---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote:

I think Civato said the other day he would be out of town 5 days and probably wouldn't be able to get online. Like right after the 3.1 update release more or less.

What ROM did you have on it before flashing, and what CWM are you running etc? And did you use the R3.1 or an earlier release?

Have you tried anything other then booting it up since flashing?
Stock ICS.
CWM 5.5.0.4 from HERE
3.1 release, or at least the one in the OP

I did notice that the computer is trying to load the drivers for the A500 so I wonder if something got crossed in the programming. (MTP USB Device driver fails to install)

I just attempted a hard reset, (the hold down the volume key, toggle the switch kind) and it gave me an error there as well.
Uncoverable Bootloader error (hexidecimal address)

adb devices still doesn't detect it, and recovery again, boots it straight into the boot up mode.
(fastboot devices doesn't sense it either)

Windows is making the connection noise, but I get the feeling that something in the ROM screwed up the USB connection, as it was working fine before hand.
If I could get back to the standard ICS, I can re-download the ROM and try again, in case of corruption, but I can't get in.

NoSudo
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiwesley View Post

Stock ICS.
CWM 5.5.0.4 from HERE
3.1 release, or at least the one in the OP

I did notice that the computer is trying to load the drivers for the A500 so I wonder if something got crossed in the programming. (MTP USB Device driver fails to install)

I just attempted a hard reset, (the hold down the volume key, toggle the switch kind) and it gave me an error there as well.
Uncoverable Bootloader error (hexidecimal address)

adb devices still doesn't detect it, and recovery again, boots it straight into the boot up mode.
(fastboot devices doesn't sense it either)

Windows is making the connection noise, but I get the feeling that something in the ROM screwed up the USB connection, as it was working fine before hand.
If I could get back to the standard ICS, I can re-download the ROM and try again, in case of corruption, but I can't get in.
If you are trying to use adb from Windows make sure you have downloaded the correct drivers from Acer. You need special USB drivers for it. http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers choose Acer iconia Tab A100 and grab the USB drivers.(ignore this if those are what you are using)

antiwesley
Old
(Last edited by antiwesley; 28th April 2012 at 05:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSudo View Post
If you are trying to use adb from Windows make sure you have downloaded the correct drivers from Acer. You need special USB drivers for it. http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers choose Acer iconia Tab A100 and grab the USB drivers.(ignore this if those are what you are using)
Yep. I've not tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers yet. I did a reinstall of the drivers, and that didn't help.
It seemed to want to point to the A500 drivers at first, and then to the MTP USB ones following. I'm going to see if I can replace the failed MTP driver with the A100 driver and see how that works.

EDIT: Windows has determined that this is the best driver for your hardware.
Reason for drivers not loading: Device cannot start. (Code 10)

---------- Post added 28th April 2012 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 27th April 2012 at 11:51 PM ----------

Hrm. I have a sneaking suspicion that the ROM is not all to blame.
I went to double check if there were 64-bit drivers, and I discovered that in
Acer's drop down menu, it only lists HC as an option for OS, not ICS.

I don't really think it will make a big deal about it, as the USB did work after I manually did the OTA update last night, but maybe the version used in the rom had something different.
*shrugs*
Until I get something figured out, I have a nice shiny $250 paperweight right now.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Got CWM to open up after a few tries. I managed to get stock ICS reinstalled, so I can wait out a bit longer now.

It does seem to now be stuck in the stock booting screen, so something's gone hinky.

maek_it_happen
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 144
Is USB host possible on this Tom?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

antiwesley
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I am probably going to spin this off into it's own topic, mainly as I've stumbled on to something new. I can't boot into CWM, but I can access fastboot commands now. Still no ADB, but I've rebooted and gotten positive responses out of fastboot.