Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OEM NOKIA ROMs - Download & Flashable - Now Supports 93 Devices!

Tip us?

cruiser78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBoy View Post
But do you have a tethering plan activated with Bell?
Yes I do. Today I went to a Rogers kiosk and borrowed a Rogers sim card. Internet sharing worked great. Then I went to the Bell store and had them confirm that tethering was allowed and activated on my plan (which I knew it was) and asked if there was anything they had to trigger on their end to get it to work. They said there was nothing else that they needed to or could do to get tethering to work. They just said that they can't guarantee that data will work on unlocked phones brought from a different network. They did recommend I call Bell technical support though to confirm it wasn't a Bell issue and they also said my best bet to get it unlocked if it is a Rogers locking it up to their network issue would be to call Rogers technical support and say I was going out of country and wanted to make sure my tethering would work on another carrier and see if they can provide some sort of unlock for it.

SuperSport
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEDan1977 View Post
The Alive versions are not for regular use, they contain the demo "screensavers" and content programs for the display versions you see on display in at&t stores.- Dan
Ok, I've now flashed my 900 a few more times, and you are absolutely right. The Alive version is the in-store demo version. Evidently, when I flashed before, I selected the Alive version, but the software automatically changed it to the var version and I didn't notice.

This time, I forced the Alive version, and it did in fact have the screensaver and demo software installed.

Thank you Dan for your insight. I'm now comfortably back on the original ROM, but I downloaded and flashed the 12084 version this time... Figure I'd make it as clean as possible. It's running stellar btw.
Tablet: Lenovo IdeaPad Lynx w Win Blue
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020
MediaFire Share - Mostly Windows Mobile
MEGA Share - Mostly Android
Disclaimer: By using any Files, Packages, Cabs, ROMs, Knowledge, etc, that I share, you are doing so at your own risk. Go Ahead, Live on the Edge!

53 75 70 65 72 53 70 6f 72 74 HEX

SuperSport
Old
(Last edited by SuperSport; 3rd May 2012 at 06:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
Download links are updated with the new 12084 VAR versions. Again, 4 Parts each for ATT and 5 Parts for Rogers.
Disclaimer: By using any Files, Packages, Cabs, ROMs, Knowledge, etc, that I share, you are doing so at your own risk. Go Ahead, Live on the Edge!

Morpheus Phreak
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I just wanted to say thanks SuperSport.

I was having some issues with the storage speeds on my Lumia 900 and was hoping a flash of the OS would possibly fix any issues and it did.

When using WP Bench I was having some VERY low storage read/write speeds (we're talking sub 2MBps speeds) that would randomly crop up. After doing the 'refurb' process to flash the image onto the phone not only did the storage read/write speeds improve (usually around 8MBps now with very steady speeds, no more random drops), but so did the memory read/write speeds.

The lower speeds before were causing some issues with the initial boot up on the phone (apps would exit unless I let the phone sit for about a minute) which have now gone away.

I've always noticed speeder camera load times. The camera button is now always responsive when the screen is off/locked.

The volume buttons are still an issue however. So it appears that is something Nokia will have to fix in a later firmware if possible.

All-in-all I would recommend flashing the device with the latest image if problems with performance are noticed before returning a device.

Of course the usual your mileage may vary & don't blame me if your device bricks warnings/caveats apply.

SuperSport
Old
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus Phreak View Post
I just wanted to say thanks SuperSport.

I was having some issues with the storage speeds on my Lumia 900 and was hoping a flash of the OS would possibly fix any issues and it did.

When using WP Bench I was having some VERY low storage read/write speeds (we're talking sub 2MBps speeds) that would randomly crop up. After doing the 'refurb' process to flash the image onto the phone not only did the storage read/write speeds improve (usually around 8MBps now with very steady speeds, no more random drops), but so did the memory read/write speeds.

The lower speeds before were causing some issues with the initial boot up on the phone (apps would exit unless I let the phone sit for about a minute) which have now gone away.

I've always noticed speeder camera load times. The camera button is now always responsive when the screen is off/locked.

The volume buttons are still an issue however. So it appears that is something Nokia will have to fix in a later firmware if possible.

All-in-all I would recommend flashing the device with the latest image if problems with performance are noticed before returning a device.

Of course the usual your mileage may vary & don't blame me if your device bricks warnings/caveats apply.
That's Great News, thank you for your report back.

rbrsddn
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have a question about downloading the Nokia Care Suite. There are so many choices to download. Do I just pick a mirror, or download the Livid link? Could you tell me which one to choose? TY!

SuperSport
Old
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrsddn View Post
I have a question about downloading the Nokia Care Suite. There are so many choices to download. Do I just pick a mirror, or download the Livid link? Could you tell me which one to choose? TY!
Go ahead and just choose a mirror. If I get a slow mirror, I will go back and try another, but they all link to the same file.

rbrsddn
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I will try that. It was a bit confusing.

FiyaFleye
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Hey SuperSport, is there any way to get a launch date OEM AT&T ROM before any updates?
AT&T Nokia Lumia 900
Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084

T-Mobile USA HD7
Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango)

Previous Devices: HD7, HD2, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Dash, and toss in a few Sidekicks for good luck

SuperSport
Old
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiyaFleye View Post
Hey SuperSport, is there any way to get a launch date OEM AT&T ROM before any updates?
Yes, that's the one I had posted before I updated it. I'll try to find it and post it again tomorrow when I'm back at my computer.