Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,298 Members 39,514 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The One X : Coming to AT&T May 6! Finally a suitable replacement for the Aria!

Tip us?

mikelebz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2188 View Post
At first glance, thats what I thought my Aria replacement was going to be. However it reminds me to much of Apple, cant take the battery out(well without some creativity im sure) and no external memory slot. It is a very sexy looking phone though.
The non-removable battery is a downer for me only for fear of having to do a battery-pull. I am not to concerned about expandable memory as I have a 16 gig card in my Aria right now and not close to filling it up...PLUS with the purchase of this phone, you get an extra 23 gigs of DropBox space for two years free!
E.Cadro Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelebz View Post
The non-removable battery is a downer for me only for fear of having to do a battery-pull. I am not to concerned about expandable memory as I have a 16 gig card in my Aria right now and not close to filling it up...PLUS with the purchase of this phone, you get an extra 23 gigs of DropBox space for two years free!
My understanding us holding the power button for 10 seconds is the
Equivalent of a battery pull. It's a built in safe guard .
Sent from wherever I am!

Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've been using my trusty Aria for two years in August and I finally pre ordered a gray One X. So excited for this phone because my Aria has been lagging on me in the past year and I'm ready for a true speed demon. Another plus is that I'll be still using HTC and that means I'll keep all the goodies it comes with

GameGod72
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I saw the One X at the store last Sunday and was so wowed by it, that I immediately pre-ordered it.

Add me to the list of those waiting impatiently for their phone

ECEXCURSION
Old
Thanks Meter 521
I'm a little confused. I thought that most of you (like me) bought the Aria because it was small and nimble. It fit in your pocket, like a phone should. The HTC One X is on the entire other end of the spectrum. In my mind, it's too large to be used as an every day phone. It's practically a small tablet. If you add in a case it becomes even larger.

Not to mention, most people can't even navigate the phone with their thumb. I have abnormally large hands, so I can drag my thumb from one corner of the screen to the other, but I've yet to see someone else complete that task themselves. Do you guys use two hands when using a cellphone?

Having said that, if this phone was the same size as a One S (if this phone was a One S), I'd buy it in an instant. Ideally, I'd like to find someone who will trade a One S for a One X, but I'll be hard pressed to find a T-Mobile user who wants to... (if you know of anyone, lemme know lol)

lsusparky621
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Wanted to throw it out there that AT&T's One-X doesn't have an unlockable bootloader for now. Here is an article about it: http://us.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleW...icleid=2801485

I know you all probably think I'm too high on the Sammy SGS3, but my prediction for a U.S. summer release seems to be correct. Here is an article about it: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Samsung-...l#xtor=RSS-980
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III running Task650 AOKP with Ktoonsez kernel
HTC Aria S-OFF with CM9
Hit the THANKS if my post helped

Adam_J_T
Old
Thanks Meter 9
This next year I might be getting my friend's used Sensation, although it seems just so big. I love the Aria's size, but any phone of this size is going to be really weak and not even remotely tempting spec-wise.

ECEXCURSION
Old
Thanks Meter 521
Well, I just bought my one x this morning. I'm getting used to the size. It's very nice. The locked bootloader is kinda a drag though...

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Current Phone: HTC One (T-Mobile)
Previous Phones: HTC One XL w/ CleanROM 6 R2 & ElementalX-6.4, HTC Aria w/ Liberated 2.2.2, Motorola PEBL

My HTC One vs One XL Review
My HTC One XL battery life eats your battery life...

benbailey84
Old
Thanks Meter 300
i was torn between the sgs3 and the one x, went to my local wally world and took a gander at the one x and i am in love. doing more reading and detective work which has made my mind up to go with the one x, plus its only $150 at wally world. im so excited, my upgrade is may 25th.
E.Cadro Old
Thanks Meter
The phone is amazing even on stock sense 4.0 can't even imagine what it will be like with a custom Rom once the bootloader is unlocked. I thought it would take some time to get used to the size but I have adjusted quite quickly

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium