5,605,373 Members 42,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Official "Get Something Off Your Chest" Thread...

Tip us?

WookieFan
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
eh i haven't even been that mad lately.

just stupid things people do that apple's marketing put in their brain is waht pisses me off.

customer walks in...."hey, oh cool is this one of those ipads??"

me: "no..that's the samsung galaxy tab android tablet."
customer: "oh. so it's not an ipad?"
me: "...no."
customer: "oh. hey is this the ipad?"
me: "no..that's a motorola xoom.."
customer: "oh. so anyway, i think i want one of those 'iphones'"

ugh. then, since clearly they don't really know much about technology, i end up telling them about android, how IMO it's just hands down better, and in the end they end up buying an android and love it. i spend a lot of time talking to these people, and idk if i enjoy it or not. lol
Thanks for being an android advocate anyway. I didn't even know you could convince i-idiots that there are good non-Apple devices. My wife will never step away from iOS...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

WookieFan
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando sor View Post
And wtf is up with all the little useless pillows women feel the need to have on the bed? I wouldn't even make my bed if my wife didn't make me

a bad seed
Yeah those pregnancy body pillows disturb me even more. Anyone else's wife insist on having one of those? It was like there was another man in the bed for six months...

nrfitchett4
Old
Thanks Meter 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by graymonkey44 View Post
This economy has gone to ****. I can't even get a side job working at a fast food place while going you school. And the possibility of getting an entry level job with just a bachelor's is pretty much non-existent. Gotta have at least a master's, and even then people are still having issues finding something.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
Yeah, degree inflation is getting bad. My wife's company just hired a receptionist with a masters degree. She was working retail. Had degree for 5 years.
They want everyone in health care now to get masters and phd but don't want to give us any more money...

racinwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
tired of seeing all of the god damn splash screen threads. honestly a splash screen takes 6 seconds to make and there are 8 threads in the themes section for them

make one f**king thread and put all of them in there

*rant complete*
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to racinwarrior For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

graymonkey44
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 358

DONATE TO ME
I'm mad at myself right now. I'm sitting on the toilet taking a dump, damn you chipotle! I've got to drive to my test in an hour and I'm gonna be cutting it close!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

jayochs
Old
Thanks Meter 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieFan View Post
Thanks for being an android advocate anyway. I didn't even know you could convince i-idiots that there are good non-Apple devices. My wife will never step away from iOS...

It's all I do. I personally think android is better, so every customer that walks in and wants help making a decision hears my opinion. :)

Sent from my 4G LTE HTC Rezound
LG G2
HTC Droid DNA
Google Nexus 7 (2013)

Previous Devices:

Samsung Galaxy S5 (returned)
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb Blue

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb White (Sold)
HTC Incredible (AMOLED)
HTC Eris

HTC Rezound
HTC Evo View 4G

formerlydstu03
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 0
What's up fellas can't keep me down

emarietta
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
It's all I do. I personally think android is better, so every customer that walks in and wants help making a decision hears my opinion. :)

Sent from my 4G LTE HTC Rezound
I agree that android is better , but for tablets you can't get any better than the iPad. I'm not an apple guy I hate the iPhone but the iPad is awesome

Sent from my tits using tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emarietta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

racinwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by emarietta View Post
I agree that android is better , but for tablets you can't get any better than the iPad. I'm not an apple guy I hate the iPhone but the iPad is awesome

Sent from my tits using tapatalk 2
its the same thing only bigger.......

its like saying you hate the quarter pounder, but love the big mac???

CharliesTheMan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2476

DONATE TO ME
Subject 1

It kinda gets to me sometimes when I work 60 or 70 hours a week in order to float my business through this economy and get paychecks to the guys who have sacrificed for me putting in long hours or working hard even when they're exhausted, and I'm classified as a spoiled brat strictly because I'm a small business owner at age 26. People who are running businesses in the current economy know what I'm talking about, even if I had grown up as a wealthy Rockefeller and had a silver spoon, it would have been pawned or sold at auction a year ago to make payroll.

Subject 2
This whole pop culture phenomenon know as a bad case of entitlement. This isn't specific to a hobby or social class or economic status, it seems to be very far reaching. I'm speaking way more of real world situations but to make an easy analogy, it's like the person who decides to s off their device. They decide 5 minutes is entirely too long to wait because they are better than that. So they try to make a shortcut using two wires and some jumper cables. They brick the phone, take it to verizon and warranty it, write a letter to Verizon, every forum, the mayor, and the United Nations that their phone broke because it was obviously cheap crap with a flaw, and then they complain that Verizon only gave them one free extended battery instead of two.

This whole issue of entitlement is part of the reason that we live in a very selfish, unappreciative society in my opinion.

Of course, this chronic entitlement problem is a rare social disease. IMO the majority of people today are humble, appreciative, and hard working. It's only a small percentage of the very self centered that suffer the symptoms, but because of those people, all of the positive is often overlooked and the bad seeds really stand out (no relation to bad seed customs, they did not endorse nor cause this opinion I have.)

Subject 3
It really gets to me when a partner or spouse is upfront about what addictions or faults they may have such as being a gadget geek or a flashaholic, prior to establishing a relationship, and then said partner gets very angry and jealous that the other person buys or gets a new mobile device every six months or enjoys tweaking a working phone just because they can. I'm not speaking of causing financial problems etc, just of those people whose spouse constantly puts them down or picks fights because they are a nerd who enjoys technology. If you give a full disclaimer ahead of time, and they wish to become involved in a relationship, they have NO right to complain because person A spends two hours of their free time reading geek threads.

If you don't work and lay on the couch burping and farting, your spouse is the bread winner and can't get you to take the trash out once a month, and you use their hard earned money to buy a new device every other month, they have every right to unbox a new phone and shut it up your ass, maybe even twice. If they still stick around after that though it's their own damn fault.
Help CharliesTheMan out by signing up for Copy with this link https://copy.com?r=lK6L1Y

The Following User Says Thank You to CharliesTheMan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe