XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A Few Questions Regarding Bootloader and Rooting

Tip us?

Zerosuit Connor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 229

DONATE TO ME
Worked brilliantly and I am so impressed, thankyou to eeveryone. What's the best kernel for the xperia play? I have the doom kernel atm

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Gjusmc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've been trying to unlock the bootloader on my R800i using the instructions on the sony unlockbootloader site. My phone isn't locked to any carrier, it says the bootloader is unlockable, and when I put it into fastboot mode with the search key while plugging in I get the blue light and I get a device that shows up under device manager as S1Boot Fastboot. I've installed the android sdk along with google usb driver 4.0 and the android_winusb.inf file from the site. It keeps telling me that no drivers were found when i manually try to install the driver though, also tried downloading fastboot usb drivers from a few other places (also to no avail). Keep getting the waiting for devices message without this driver being installed.

Anyone have any ideas why this driver won't install for me?
Running Windows Vista SP2 and using my SE Xperia Play R800i.

Appreciate any help.

Zerosuit Connor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 229

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjusmc View Post
I've been trying to unlock the bootloader on my R800i using the instructions on the sony unlockbootloader site. My phone isn't locked to any carrier, it says the bootloader is unlockable, and when I put it into fastboot mode with the search key while plugging in I get the blue light and I get a device that shows up under device manager as S1Boot Fastboot. I've installed the android sdk along with google usb driver 4.0 and the android_winusb.inf file from the site. It keeps telling me that no drivers were found when i manually try to install the driver though, also tried downloading fastboot usb drivers from a few other places (also to no avail). Keep getting the waiting for devices message without this driver being installed.

Anyone have any ideas why this driver won't install for me?
Running Windows Vista SP2 and using my SE Xperia Play R800i.

Appreciate any help.
Have you installed the android dev tool, forget what it's called

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk