5,595,000 Members 39,485 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM - 1.2] BETA ICS 4.0.X - Team DRH (Update 07/02/12)

Tip us?

raywaldo
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb dalvic should not live on external sdcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by junooni View Post
First off, that's an awesome site you got there. really a gtab bible!

That's the exact instructions i followed while flashing ICS...i've been following your blog since i got my gtab...i installed flashback immediately after unboxing, following your site only.

However, even re-flashing the ROM a dozen times now hasn't fixed the issue. i faced the same issue with the previous version of ICS too. have even trying the long NVFlash method.

Another thing that i'm curious about: you're supposed to do cache and dalvik wipe, however every time and with every rom (HC or ICS), when i select the dalvik wipe, i get the error "E:\ volume path not found" or something of this order. Is this normal? and if the path wasn't found, then what's the point of doing the dalvik wipe? To clarify, I don't use an external SD card.
Thanks for the comment about the site. I am pleased that it has helped you and others.

There are errors about the SD ext that are normal. But if the error is about the dalvic cache being on the EXTERNAL sdcard then you have a problem. Did you follow the NEW guide that I wrote a few days ago? It sounds like you need to partition the internal SD.

Godzilla10
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Best Rom

Just want to say this Rom is so buttery smooth, hulu works, hardware acceleration and games are working good. Just Love this Rom. Much Love to those developers. Thank you

toonwar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
So I wanted to ask this somewhere but it slightly related to the ROM.. has anyone else seen the g tab case with built in keyboard on amazon for $23? I just saw it and I thought it was a decent idea since my last case went to crap. I just wonder if there is a better case out there for the money and I also wonder if the USB keyboard will work with ICS. I know people design things for un-rooted devices. Is this a good case to buy or should I look somewhere else. Heck I could just leave it naked. Any ideas will help!
Devices:

Samsung Galaxy SIII running Slim
Retired Samsung Galaxy S Captivate running Slim ICS
Took a Plunge HTC Inspire 4G running MIUI
Burned in a fire Viewsonic Gtab running Century Eyes

gierso
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick in LA View Post
I was getting a ton of those as well with 1.2. Then I read that the included DSP Manager was CPU intensive. That's the kind of thing that stalls app loads long enough to spawn close/wait dialogues so I froze that sucker with Titanium Backup. Then, as suggested by one of the denizen's of this or that other forum, I wiped the cache partition and the Dalvik cache for good measure. That seems to have settled the stalling issue and everything(!) runs more smoothly now.

You're welcome.
Nice find .... will try that later but I thank you since right now

Sent from my XT862
~Serge
------
Phone:
Google NEXUS 4<-- Razr XT910 (Sold)<-- XT862 Droid 3 (Sold)<--Nokia N97 (drawer/backup)<--Nokia 5800 (drowned/repaired/sold)<--Weird Chinese Dual SIM phone (forgot it ever existed[in a drawer])<--Sony Ericsson/Nokia/Ericsson(broken)
Tablet:
Nexus 10<--Asus Tf700t pad INFINITY (Sold)<--Asus Tf300t (Sold almost new for the tf700)<--Viewsonic G-Tablet (drawer/ Photoframe)
Droid 3 XT862 FASTBOOT FILES to unbrick your Droid 3 /mirror to the files here splitted with 7ZIP

raywaldo
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb gTab USB Keyboard on ICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonwar View Post
has anyone else seen the g tab case with built in keyboard on amazon for $23?
I did a review of it over a year ago here: http://raywaldo.com/2010/12/review-gtab-case-keyboard/
Since that time, my impressions have gotten even worse. You get what you pay for.

If you want a case, get a cheap slip case (I found one for about $7 that works great).

For the keyboard (and mouse), a better solution is to use standard USB devices. See my review here: http://raywaldo.com/2012/04/usb-keyboard-on-gtab/
The Following User Says Thank You to raywaldo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Abu-7abash
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Just noticed this was updated woaha! So the from download now includes the gapps with the aroma installer? Niiiiice

Sent from my TeamDRH ICS for GTablet using Tapatalk
Google Nexus 5 on Stock...for now
Rooted, Bootloader unlocked.

HTC Vivid on stock Rooted ICS
S-On (yeah I know..)

HTC Desire on JB believe it or not!
S-Off

Past: htc HD2 - Samsung Vibrant - htc Inspire - htc HD7 -Motorola Atrix - htc Sensation - Galaxy Tab 7" - Motorola Defy - HP Touchpad - htc Amaze - Asus Nexus 7 - Viewsonic gTablet - Motorola Photon - Sony Xperia X10 - LG Nitro HD - Acer Iconia 7" - htc Rezound - Motorola Atrix HD - htc Flyer - Motorola RAZR HD - LG Nexus 4

toonwar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by raywaldo View Post
I did a review of it over a year ago here: http://raywaldo.com/2010/12/review-gtab-case-keyboard/
Since that time, my impressions have gotten even worse. You get what you pay for.

If you want a case, get a cheap slip case (I found one for about $7 that works great).

For the keyboard (and mouse), a better solution is to use standard USB devices. See my review here: http://raywaldo.com/2012/04/usb-keyboard-on-gtab/
Thanks! I really didn't care about the keyboard in the first place. I thought it was a nice feature, hit my main objective was to find a case that my tab fits securely and snug in. The keyboard would have been cool for notes in class and what not. Thanks for the review. Definitely helped me make my decision

Sent from my TeamDRH ICS for GTablet using Tapatalk 2
Devices:

Samsung Galaxy SIII running Slim
Retired Samsung Galaxy S Captivate running Slim ICS
Took a Plunge HTC Inspire 4G running MIUI
Burned in a fire Viewsonic Gtab running Century Eyes
The Following User Says Thank You to toonwar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rick in LA
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Hulu? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla10 View Post
Just want to say this Rom is so buttery smooth, hulu works...
Hulu works?? Whether Dolphin HD, Dolphin for Tablet or Opera, I get the "Hulu doesn't support your platform" message (after the video struggles at length to load." I have all agents set to "Desktop" as any mobile platform seems to be a non-starter w/ Hulu.

It's the basic Hulu.com service I'm trying to use, not Hulu Plus.

sonicshaman
Old
(Last edited by sonicshaman; 28th April 2012 at 10:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
I have a few things that are a little funny going on. I did a very clean install following directions. This update gave me the binkies-which I know is being worked on. I get a lot of times where it seems to be grinding away and I get the force close or wait message. Also, my battery in the status bar seems to lock at some percentage that I start with when I unplug it. It doesn't show that it's charging either. Sometimes it acts as if there is a bad connection with the charger-odd since it is only with this rom. This is new, it worked fine for a while.

nobe1976
Old
Thanks Meter 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonwar View Post
So I wanted to ask this somewhere but it slightly related to the ROM.. has anyone else seen the g tab case with built in keyboard on amazon for $23? I just saw it and I thought it was a decent idea since my last case went to crap. I just wonder if there is a better case out there for the money and I also wonder if the USB keyboard will work with ICS. I know people design things for un-rooted devices. Is this a good case to buy or should I look somewhere else. Heck I could just leave it naked. Any ideas will help!
I have been using that particular case since I had my tablet and I am still using it currently. It is a nice case and with the help from mr. Velcro my tablet stays put in it. The usb keyboard works great and I haven't yet found a rom that hasn't worked with it so far. Don't pay attention to it being cheap. The only thing that broke on me is the kick stand, and honestly I really didn't use it much anyways.

Tags
ap10a1 ics, hcl me ap10a1