Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][6.35][32A/32B?] FroyoDragon 0.8.1 (29 Apr 2012) :D

Tip us?

xevildoerxx
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default no luck here

ive been trying to flash v8 for a while now, no luck here with different kernels. i get v7 to install but the camera doesnt work on my 32B and i need my camera, this rom is awesome btw. love it. keep up the good work.

askrulous
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by xevildoerxx View Post
ive been trying to flash v8 for a while now, no luck here with different kernels. i get v7 to install but the camera doesnt work on my 32B and i need my camera, this rom is awesome btw. love it. keep up the good work.
What kernel did you use with v7, only I want to try out froyodragon but can't find a compatible kernel.

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App
Black magic
White magic
Huawei u8180
Huawei y300

Moto g 4g
Samsung galaxy tab 3 8.0 wifi

xevildoerxx
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by askrulous View Post
What kernel did you use with v7, only I want to try out froyodragon but can't find a compatible kernel.

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App
i used auto-boot-2.6.35.14-farmatito-pershoot-ds_-20110802 i managed to get 0.8 installed over 0.7 without wiping anything after a couple tries but it keeps rebooting when i hit home key lol.

darkguy2008
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i used auto-boot-2.6.35.14-farmatito-pershoot-ds_-20110802 i managed to get 0.8 installed over 0.7 without wiping anything after a couple tries but it keeps rebooting when i hit home key lol.
Hah, that's interesting. Looks like my wiping methods don't work then XD... no version should be able to be installed over any other, which is weird that it works in your case.

Hm, is there any way you can upload a logcat of the phone booting and after you press the home key and it reboots? it would help me a lot to solve the issue. Thanks! =)
Current devices:
ZTE Grand X V970M ["Mimosa X"]
B&N Nook Simple Touch

Previous devices:
HTC Magic 32A (stolen) - FroyoDragon ROM developer
Motorola Defy+ MB525 (sold)

xevildoerxx
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkguy2008 View Post
Hah, that's interesting. Looks like my wiping methods don't work then XD... no version should be able to be installed over any other, which is weird that it works in your case.

Hm, is there any way you can upload a logcat of the phone booting and after you press the home key and it reboots? it would help me a lot to solve the issue. Thanks! =)
i would have to re-install this rom since i am now running froyobylazlo lol but i guess i can do that since i want this rom so badly... any ideas why my camera doesnt work in 0.7 though?

darkguy2008
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i would have to re-install this rom since i am now running froyobylazlo lol but i guess i can do that since i want this rom so badly... any ideas why my camera doesnt work in 0.7 though?
Hehe, sorry for the inconvenience, I would try to fix it but I don't have my magic anymore and besides they only sell 32As here :P

Only thing that comes to mind is camera libraries. I assume that if you can find a 32B-compatible ROM for your device which is Froyo too and replace the libraries in this ROM with the other ROM's libraries, it *could* work. From what I know, Cronos Froyo had some modifications for the camera so it could work in 32A with 6.35 radio (because it seems the camera is also linked to something in the radio) so I bet Feeyo modified libcamera.so and those kind of files.

If you could also post a logcat of the camera app starting and force-closing, it would help me to try to find a clue to fix the camera problem, hopefully!
Current devices:
ZTE Grand X V970M ["Mimosa X"]
B&N Nook Simple Touch

Previous devices:
HTC Magic 32A (stolen) - FroyoDragon ROM developer
Motorola Defy+ MB525 (sold)

xevildoerxx
Old
(Last edited by xevildoerxx; 27th April 2012 at 12:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
ok soon as i get some time ill get to it, thnx for response and for a great rom..hope i get my issues sorted.
edit: i managed to get logcat for camera but not for install as yet. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76032270/log.txt
The Following User Says Thank You to xevildoerxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jejer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
AROMA Installer is so cool!
The Following User Says Thank You to jejer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Neoman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm using the 0.8 now, but with the stock interface. When i choose the froyodragon interface in the installer, the phone got a FC (com.google play something)while applying the theme, and then it runs into a boot loop, i guess it's because the installation process was not finished.
It's a pity i can't use the new look of this rom, it's a great rom, the speed is sooooo fast~ i'm very happy about it. Thank you.

beaverfood
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoman View Post
I'm using the 0.8 now, but with the stock interface. When i choose the froyodragon interface in the installer, the phone got a FC (com.google play something)while applying the theme, and then it runs into a boot loop, i guess it's because the installation process was not finished.
It's a pity i can't use the new look of this rom, it's a great rom, the speed is sooooo fast~ i'm very happy about it. Thank you.
Same for me, tried installing multiple times. Using the stock theme now.

Tags
6.35, dream, froyo, magic, rom